Please Help

Alsgalpal

Neil said in Ghost Rider that he tried to stick to the Roll the Bones philosophy when the weight of it all was too much to bear. In other words:

What's the deal? Spin the wheel.

If the dice are hot -- take a shot.

Play your cards. Show us what you got --

What you're holding.

If the cards are cold,

Don't go folding.

Lady Luck is golden;

She favors the bold. That's cold.

Stop throwing stones --

The night has a thousand saxophones.

So get out there and rock,

And roll the bones.

Get busy!

So keep rolling the bones, and it will turn around, hard as that can be to believe at times.

We're all here for ya, AGP.

We're all here for you and are in all our prayers. And if I can quote Eric Idle here, "Always look on the bright side of life." You're a great person AGP, and as long as you keep talking out your feelings with whomever you can, us included, you'll get through this! yes.gif We're all here for you! wink.gif

oh my goodness, i just discovered this, & i'm so sorry i'm so late, & it's probably much better by now, but..

AGP, i'm so sorry you had to go through all that..s**t happens to the best people. i may not know you that well, but from what i've seen, you're a sweet, beautiful, courageous young woman (doesn't feel quite right for me to be saying that!), & i know you've got a heart of gold..& since you're a RUSH fan, you'll know what i mean when i say..

wheels can cut you down, but it's your turn to drive.

& btw..

never frown..you never know who's falling in love with your smile. biggrin.gif

get well soon, hun..always know you're loved! heart.gif

As Happy said, sorry for coming to this so late but I've not been able to spend much time on the Forum so I missed this.

I've got to say that you were one of the first friends I made here when we used to monopolise the Word Association thread for hours on end, that was what made me comfortable being on here.

As someone who has gone though depression not too long ago (about two years), I know how tough it can seem (I just wanted to sleep all the time). But hold on in there - there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dim and distant it may seem.

Just keep on plugging away and, believe it or not, you'll find that things are getting better. It may be slow, but it does happen.

And never forget there are a lot of people here who will be quite happy to let you bend their ear whenever you feel the need, me included.

I know what you're going through AGP. If you hang in there, things will get better. That sounds like a cliche but it's the truth. The fact that you reached out for help is a start. And the fact that you reached out for help on a rock band discussion forum is quite telling. It means that here of all places you knew that you would receive the support you needed because the music and the fans are a breed apart and special. Can you feel the love from from your fellow fans? Take a deep breath, close your eyes... See? It's not so bad. Put on something inspirational like...uh...er...Rush? Yeah! Rush! Something uplifting like Out of the Cradle or Mission.

My thoughts are with you. Stay with us here on the board so we can continue to support. Love, Ghost of a Rider heart.gif

Wow, thanks Slaine, and Ghost... Actually, thank you for all of you that responded to my cry for help... I am still feeling really bad, but I am getting better slowly. It still has been really rough, I am having some terrible thoughts, but they are getting fewer now.. Thanks all for supporting me, if I could, I would hug you all... heart.gif

QUOTE (esmeralda @ Feb 2 2005, 04:29 AM)
There's nothing wrong with you, people go through these things from time to time, and you're certainly not the only one..
Music always helps me through difficult times, especially the ones that make you cry, that might relieve a while.
So hold one girl, things will get better, always.. rose.gif

Took the words out of my mouth or off my keyboard should I say, you deserve all the best things life can offer, you seem like a beautiful person. Be positive!

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 10 2005, 07:37 AM)
QUOTE (esmeralda @ Feb 2 2005, 04:29 AM)
There's nothing wrong with you, people go through these things from time to time, and you're certainly not the only one..
Music always helps me through difficult times, especially the ones that make you cry, that might relieve a while.
So hold one girl, things will get better, always.. rose.gif

Took the words out of my mouth or off my keyboard should I say, you deserve all the best things life can offer, you seem like a beautiful person. Be positive!

She is yes.gif

Thank you all.... I really need this right now. I hope my feeling now is just from waking up. Life is sucky again right now. sad.gif Thank you all for being here for me.

Barn, where are you???? sad.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Feb 10 2005, 09:47 AM)
Thank you all.... I really need this right now. I hope my feeling now is just from waking up. Life is sucky again right now. sad.gif Thank you all for being here for me.

Barn, where are you???? sad.gif

Sorry sweets - damn conference calls for the next two hours... sad.gif

I can give you call after... sad.gif

Caught on to this kinda late myself, but my thoughts are with you.

I'm also going through a tough period in my life - trying to hang in there best I can. Rush songs and this forum help alot. In just a short time I feel like some people on here are my extended family.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I think one of the best things we can do on this forum is to be there for each other during rough times. Rush fans (esp. the hardcore ones like ourselves) should stick together.

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

AGP there will be good days and bad. Just keep your eyes on the future. It will be great... as you will be in it!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Schro - you have a place now to get stuff off your chest. Don't hesitate to reach out, bro. I don't mind. trink39.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 10 2005, 03:55 PM)
That or put you out of your misery.

Either way....... wink.gif

It is so comforting to know Dweez would do ANYTHING for us!

("With friends like this, who needs enemies?")

confused13.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Feb 10 2005, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 10 2005, 03:55 PM)
That or put you out of your misery.

Either way....... wink.gif

It is so comforting to know Dweez would do ANYTHING for us!

("With friends like this, who needs enemies?")

confused13.gif tongue.gif

Joke: 1. witticism or jest 2. to poke fun at-banter

AGP...I may not have much pull with the BIG GUY upstairs, but I put in a plug for you. Many hugs and good thought headed your way.

Archived