Neil sighting (Freddie Gruber's bday)

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (Joesmechanic @ Jun 19 2009, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 23 2009, 02:49 PM)
Funny how that Joesmechanic dude throws "Rush fanboy" at us like it's an insult, and criticizes how much some of us have posted, yet he's posted on another message board for several years.  I guess it's okay to get all obsessive about the drums, but not Rush.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif You and your dumbassed friends here are just that. Fanbois to the hilt.

Ooooo!!! Lookie here!! I've got one of Neils drum sticks!! Ooooo!!! I know all the words to the trees! Oooooo!!! I've got every Rush t-shirt from every show....Ooooo!!!

Notice I haven't been on this website in over a year. Which is close to the case for that "other" website you're talking about (House of Drumming). I don't post on HOD that much because I usually communicate directly with most I know on there.

And who decided to rise this thread from the dead. Yup...another Rush fanboi like yourself. You guys just can't help yourselves huh? Where's that loser smiley when you need it. haha!!

Why don't I post much on the net you ask? Because I have a life. Unlike your fanboi's and girls here. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I just noticed a new thread about Neil over at House of Drumming if you care to take a look.

http://www.houseofdrumming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6306

Whats even cooler is....our own Peter Erskine (Erskoman) is now teaching your drum god. Good for Neil & how he wants to expand his drumming horizons.

BTW...I harbor no ill feelings towards Neil. Neil is the reason why I got into drumming. Hemispheres is what did it for me in the 8th grade. What he does, he does well. Why he's so anti-social is beyond me. Very unlike the overwhelming majority of professional musicians. But whatever. Thats his deal. Doesn't effect my life one iota.

What started out as me telling a bunch of close friends on HOD about Freddys B-day took on a life of its own. Freddy has been a close freind of mine for some 26 years now. Freddy personally called me to come down that evening. The only problem I had was with Neils stupid assed body guard Michael Mosbiatch. He's a little prick & a liar. Peter Erskine even set the record straight about what happened that night at HOD when this all went down. Back when you guys thought he wasn't a signifigant person in this whole story. If I ever saw him Michael again, I'd bitch slap his little girl ass into tomorrow.

Have a nice life little Rush fanboi kiddies.

And BTW...get out a little more why dontcha? Try to pry yourself from your computers once in a while. Theres a whole world out there.

I'm sorry...but what exactly is your purpose on this board?

Why does it bother you that people like talking about Rush? Did you register on here JUST to let us all know that we are apparent "fanbois" because we post on a site about a band we like? Are you the 'fanboi police'?? fing.gif

Woah...this post is getting too long. I'd better run outside to check out that "world" that you're referring to. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2009, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Joesmechanic @ Jun 19 2009, 04:38 PM)
Funny how that Joesmechanic dude throws "Rush fanboy" at us like it's an insult, and criticizes how much some of us have posted, yet he's posted on another message board for several years.  I guess it's okay to get all obsessive about the drums, but not Rush.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif You and your dumbassed friends here are just that. Fanbois to the hilt.

Ooooo!!! Lookie here!! I've got one of Neils drum sticks!! Ooooo!!! I know all the words to the trees! Oooooo!!! I've got every Rush t-shirt from every show....Ooooo!!!

Notice I haven't been on this website in over a year. Which is close to the case for that "other" website you're talking about (House of Drumming). I don't post on HOD that much because I usually communicate directly with most I know on there.

And who decided to rise this thread from the dead. Yup...another Rush fanboi like yourself. You guys just can't help yourselves huh? Where's that loser smiley when you need it. haha!!

Why don't I post much on the net you ask? Because I have a life. Unlike your fanboi's and girls here. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I just noticed a new thread about Neil over at House of Drumming if you care to take a look.

Whats even cooler is....our own Peter Erskine (Erskoman) is now teaching your drum god. Good for Neil & how he wants to expand his drumming horizons.

BTW...I harbor no ill feelings towards Neil. Neil is the reason why I got into drumming. Hemispheres is what did it for me in the 8th grade. What he does, he does well. Why he's so anti-social is beyond me. Very unlike the overwhelming majority of professional musicians. But whatever. Thats his deal. Doesn't effect my life one iota.

What started out as me telling a bunch of close friends on HOD about Freddys B-day took on a life of its own. Freddy has been a close freind of mine for some 26 years now. Freddy personally called me to come down that evening. The only problem I had was with Neils stupid assed body guard Michael Mosbiatch. He's a little prick & a liar. Peter Erskine even set the record straight about what happened that night at HOD when this all went down. Back when you guys thought he wasn't a signifigant person in this whole story. If I ever saw him Michael again, I'd bitch slap his little girl ass into tomorrow.

And BTW...get out a little more why dontcha? Try to pry yourself from your computers once in a while. Theres a whole world out there.

I'm sorry...but what exactly is your purpose on this board?

Why does it bother you that people like talking about Rush? Did you register on here JUST to let us all know that we are apparent "fanbois" because we post on a site about a band we like? Are you the 'fanboi police'?? fing.gif

Woah...this post is getting too long. I'd better run outside to check out that "world" that you're referring to. sarcasm.gif

Ignore posts like that. They're usually from jealous failed musicians that get all bitter and pissy when someone express a little harmless worship towards a band.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 19 2009, 07:34 PM)
I love the people that stand up for Neil "Oh. he's really a nice guy" etc........blah, blah.........sure he is.

I think its more just what people want to believe. People dont like to think that their idols dont like them, or are generally just dicks.

All of what Neil has said and written points to the fact that he's nice to the people in his life, but doesnt care about anyone else. Call it selfish or whatever, Im pretty sure he doesnt care.

My only issue with it is he asked for this life. He made an effort to go out and join a band on the rise, and there are expectations that you will at least be somewhat kind to the fans that afforded you all your success. He clearly doesnt care to even say hi to anyone. He's said many times that he doesnt like doing it.

It is what it is. It bothers some people which I dont really get.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 19 2009, 06:40 PM)
I love the people that stand up for Neil "Oh. he's really a nice guy" etc........blah, blah.........sure he is.

I think its more just what people want to believe. People dont like to think that their idols dont like them, or are generally just dicks.

All of what Neil has said and written points to the fact that he's nice to the people in his life, but doesnt care about anyone else. Call it selfish or whatever, Im pretty sure he doesnt care.

My only issue with it is he asked for this life. He made an effort to go out and join a band on the rise, and there are expectations that you will at least be somewhat kind to the fans that afforded you all your success. He clearly doesnt care to even say hi to anyone. He's said many times that he doesnt like doing it.

Believe me, I'm the last one that cares................

NEIL IZ A DICK HE HATES YOU ALL METALMETALMETAL

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 19 2009, 08:44 PM)

Fairly sure hosemechanic isn't King Troll. . .I think this really is the pathetic individual who got his little feelings hurt when Neil shunned him, a perfect stranger, at Gruber's party. Even Nick thinks the dude is a tool.

QUOTE (rushfr:CP @ May 15 2008, 10:43 AM)
Neil isnt the jerk here man. You were by going up to him when you knew he doesnt like strangers talking to him. If he ignored you you should have taken the hint.

Are you talking to me????

Where is the video?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 19 2009, 05:41 PM)

I met Neil backstage on accident.

Some of you on this Forum probably remember my Vapor Trails story.

For those of you know don't know it here it is real quick.

My brother in law knew the guy who ran the Concord Pavilion. We scored VIP box seats for free and backstage parking for Vapor Trails.

So we pull up in the back and actually park right next to Neil's bus.

It was like 6 pm, two hours plus until show time.

So I get out of the car with Johnny and my wife Wendy and we proceed past the bus to pick up our tickets. Neil left his bikes out of the trailer so it was a very cool site. He had his red one and a silver BMW bike.

Well we get our tickets and start walking into the the Pavilion from the back.

All of the sudden I hear "hello? hello?"

I turn around and there's Neil standing about three feet from the bus door.

I thought he was talking to me so I started to walk towards him like a deer in headlights.

I will never forget his frozen red bloated face staring into my eyes. He was dressed in black from head to toe.

As I was about to simply say "hi" and then split but it was too late. Like a recluse spider he stepped back, got back up onto the bus and shut the door.

Hey it was better than nothing I suppose. Take it for what it's worth. We all know Neil doesn't "HATE" his fans, he just doesn't want to dare I say, "pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend" with them.

I just wanted to thank him for being my inspiration and influence as a drummer and then I would have left him alone but Neil doesn't have a crystal ball in his brain, so the dude blew me off.

No big deal really. It's still a fun story to tell.

I really don't think Neil is a dick although I can see why some would think that. He usually has that angry brutal mechanic red face going when he is performing.

I am sure like me you all have seen the drumming videos, the Burning For Buddy stuff and the Buddy Rich tapes. Neil seems like a nice guy to me when interviewed.

Hey I had my one chance to simply meet Neil, and it didn't work out. Heck I didn't even think Neil was in the bus when we walked by, then again I bet Geddy and Alex were doing the meet and greet at that time so he chilled on his bus to get mentally set for the show.

No matter what people think, NEIL PEART RULES!!

Earl

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 19 2009, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 19 2009, 08:44 PM)

Fairly sure hosemechanic isn't King Troll. . .I think this really is the pathetic individual who got his little feelings hurt when Neil shunned him, a perfect stranger, at Gruber's party. Even Nick thinks the dude is a tool.

I'm just joking around. Whenever the name "Neil" is seen in a thread topic, you have to say "Neil is a dick" somewhere in the thread. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 15 2008, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (Smudger @ May 15 2008, 12:26 PM)
Politeness costs nothing Mr Peart.
When this chap said "How's it going Neil" all you need have done is say "Fine, now I'm just a bit busy, but nice to see you" then move on. It takes up two seconds of your time and leaves a happy punter. Having said that, this fellow should never have said "Hey Neil" before that, that sounds a bit rude.
One thing's for sure, being a "Gobby cow" as hubby puts it, should I ever see Neil out in the wild, I;m going to go and talk at him, whether he says anything back or not smile.gif

See, I'd do the opposite. Knowing how he is, I'd completely ignore him out of respect. I see no reason to bust the guy's balls when I KNOW he won't talk to a stranger like me.

yeah but what if you weren't aware of his fan phobia as a lot of people aren't?? someone as famous as he is should just stay home if he doesn't want attention...

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jun 19 2009, 11:47 PM)
When this chap said "How's it going Neil" all you need have done is say "Fine, now I'm just a bit busy, but nice to see you" then move on. It takes up two seconds of your time and leaves a happy punter. Having said that, this fellow should never have said "Hey Neil" before that, that sounds a bit rude.
One thing's for sure, being a "Gobby cow" as hubby puts it, should I ever see Neil out in the wild, I;m going to go and talk at him, whether he says anything back or not smile.gif

See, I'd do the opposite. Knowing how he is, I'd completely ignore him out of respect. I see no reason to bust the guy's balls when I KNOW he won't talk to a stranger like me.

yeah but what if you weren't aware of his fan phobia as a lot of people aren't?? someone as famous as he is should just stay home if he doesn't want attention...

Because he'd be accused of being a hermit that never left the house?

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jun 19 2009, 09:47 PM)

agreed.........but he refers to it as a "job".....almost sounding like it's a chore at times to do what he does.......

oh no. . .please, just let this die. . .

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 19 2009, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jun 19 2009, 09:47 PM)

agreed.........but he refers to it as a "job".....almost sounding like it's a chore at times to do what he does.......

Glad to be the Invisible Man around here.

Why let something die that seems to thrive?

I experienced it I understand the negativity of Neil Peart and his fans.

It is a job to Neil these days. Just watch him labor away on the drum kit.

I may not be in any Rush Forum Clique but man I know my shit when it comes to Rush.

Take it or leave it.

I went to the Snakes & Arrows Tour ten times.

I had tickets from the third row to first for both legs.

Hey, I don't f**k around when it comes to Rush.

Anyway Neil was struggling on the second leg and to be honest I will never understand his decision to play the electronic side of his kit during THE TREES on the second leg.

It sounded like a blast of runny shit coming out of a Taco Bell anus.

You could barely hear those synthetic drum pads as Neil beat the shit out of them for no reason.

It was the worst attempt at "The Trees" in Rush History.

Maybe Neil should keep the BMW bike in the garage and start cycling again. Lazy overweight fukk. Have another "red apple" Peart. HAHAHA! I mean cigarette.

I'm glad Neil is a prick to his fans.

Good for him.

It doesn't bother me one bit.

I will still help pay his mortgage any chance I get just as long as "Bluto" doesn't retire.

"Roll The Bones" kids.

Life is too short...........

QUOTE (Joesmechanic @ Jun 19 2009, 05:38 PM)

wow.

I knew this guy was pathetic when he went on his first little crying bitch rant about Neil dissing him. This is even better. He came back to check up on his little thread. Fanboi? Who is the one dropping the name of Neil's "latest teacher?" Not us. Nope, it's Neil's fanboi joe'smechanic who still can;t get over the fact that Neil does not treat him with the respect that he deserves. As far as bitch-slapping Mosbach "the next time you see him" goes; that is just another reason to hope and pray for another tour from the boys. In fact, I think we should take up a collection and buy joes'mechanic a ticket so he can perform his bitchslap move on mosbach.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 20 2009, 01:24 PM)

wow.

I knew this guy was pathetic when he went on his first little crying bitch rant about Neil dissing him. This is even better. He came back to check up on his little thread. Fanboi? Who is the one dropping the name of Neil's "latest teacher?" Not us. Nope, it's Neil's fanboi joe'smechanic who still can;t get over the fact that Neil does not treat him with the respect that he deserves. As far as bitch-slapping Mosbach "the next time you see him" goes; that is just another reason to hope and pray for another tour from the boys. In fact, I think we should take up a collection and buy joes'mechanic a ticket so he can perform his bitchslap move on mosbach.

I'm in. Who has a good video camera with a kick-ass zoom lens, so we can get it recorded for posterity? Especially the part where Mosbach subsequently rearranges hosemechanic's limbs. That would make for a fun thread in Video Vertigo. smile.gif

Neil actually has respect on that " other forum" mechanic dude is talking about.

He cant play Jazz well. Jazz snobs rip him all the time, but many jazz cats were influenced by Neil back in the day.

and who gives a sh*t if he has social anxiety problems?..he is who he is.

trink38.gif 2.gif

In fact, I think we should take up a collection and buy joes'mechanic a ticket so he can perform his bitchslap move on mosbach.

What's with all the dissin' Mosbach? I think he's a cool guy...

But maybe that's because he knows me a lil more than the other dude. wink.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 20 2009, 01:41 AM)

Oi you!

Get in the queue laugh.gif

laugh.gif Youre back! Whats the matter, did Weckl find another grease monkey to lube his balls? Hahahahaaaaa! laugh.gif

Hey Joe, did you ever take legal action at the folks over at CP, or was that you just blowing hot air out of your rectum as usual?

Bua ha haaaaa!!!

Welcome back.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 20 2009, 12:25 AM)
oh no. . .please, just let this die. . .

never. dont you know that joesmechanic lubes dave weckl's balls? (ball joints that is.. or maybe ball bearings... or maybe his testicles actually).

bua ha haaaaaaa.