Neil sighting (Freddie Gruber's bday)

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (Joesmechanic @ May 24 2008, 02:58 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1)
Yeah, really...

Joe, despite those two posts early this morning, this thread was pretty much dead, which is what I thought you wanted when you suggested it be closed...yet here you are resurrecting it. You like all this abuse? It's obvious you like the attention because you wouldn't have posted again. Normally I'd advise you (again) to cut bait and give it up, but hey, keep going -- the more you post, the more you become fodder for comedy around here. 

My god! 18,000 posts!!

That must be at least 1/2 of your lifetime. rofl3.gif

Ha, look who's back, Wanna Be Man. Don't you have celebrities to pester to say hello to you?

"Neil, pleeeeeeeeease, love me LOVE ME NEIL!!!"

Hahahaaaaa.

Nice seeing you again douchebag.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/nancitaf/AttentionWhore.jpg

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 24 2008, 04:45 PM)
p.s. Mullets went out about 20 years ago, ace, I suggest you visit a barber.

I'll be out of town for a couple of days lerxt. It's been fun working with you on this little project. Have fun....

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 24 2008, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 24 2008, 04:45 PM)
p.s. Mullets went out about 20 years ago, ace, I suggest you visit a barber.

I'll be out of town for a couple of days lerxt. It's been fun working with you on this little project. Have fun....

wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 8 2009, 02:28 PM)
As I recall, Lerst and I had nothing better to do and we really went after this guy. Good times.

wink.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Hey man, I saw a photo of Burrell in a Rays hat... felt crappy, like seeing your ex wife with another guy! You got a good guy in him, best of luck this season!

Phils are down in FLA.. wish I was too!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 21 2008, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Joesmechanic @ May 21 2008, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King)

So why did this guy try to attempt to talk to Neil a third time? If he says he ignored him the first 2 times then why didn't he get the hint? And why did he call him 'Neil?' Maybe if he would've said 'Mr. Peart' he could've gotten the reaction he so obviously desperately needed.

Lets get one thing totally crystal clear. I didn't need anything desperrately. I just wanted to say hello to Neil. Thats it.

Background.......

Because me and Freddy are close friends. Several times while hanging w/Freddy, Freddy told me that me and Neil have a lot things in common (drumming, science, motorycles, cars, physics, etc). You just had to know the whole chain of eventst that took place up until that point.

I was hanging out outside to get in because the 1st set was packed. They weren't letting anybody in, even if you knew Freddy. So when I was standing outside, I actually saw Neil against the back wall next to Freddy.

Me and a lady friend of mine were stading outside waiting to get in when Neil came ouf the front door.

Why did I call him by his name? You've got to be kidding me right?

Neil is his name.

I don't look at Neil as anybody else, or any other drummer I've met (or musician for that matter) other than just another guy who plays drums. My only reasoning for wanting to talk to him was because of what Freddy had told me about him in the past.

And lets remember. I'm not a groupee of Rush nor Neil. I'm a musician. Although I started to play drums because of him and the tune La Villa Strangiato, and I internalized most of what I listened to him play....gosh.....20 years ago. I've moved on since then as far as drummers are concerned. The guys I dig on these days are guys like Dave Weckl or Vinnie Colaiuta. Guys that run circles around Neil.

But not to put Neil down for his contribution to prog rock. Him and Rush set the foundations for that. And for that, I'm grateful to him.

But this whole thing about Neil being paranoid of people on the street. Especially at an intimate get together like Freddys B-day whereas most people are "friends". I dunno. That whole scene with Michael Mosbach getting into my face was just plain weird. I've never had to deal with that with any professional musician I've met in my life.

QUOTE (Rushian King)
Isn't there a rule of thumb at parties that when 2 people are talking you don't join the pair unless invited or you know one of them well. This guy IS a stranger to Neil, why would he want to talk to him?

I'm not sure what kind of parties you go to, but I usually go to parties where I have friends that I know. There were many of my friends there that evening. All of the people there were friends of Freddys. Like I said, I didn't know Neil from squat. And again, this isn't the 1st time I've introduced myself to well known drummers. I just have never seen a drummer with a bodyguard. Thats just weird. Especially at a low key event like this wereas most of the people there were invited personally by Freddy as I was. But whatever. To each his own I guess.

QUOTE (Rushian King)
And if this guy is so well-connected to other people at the party, including the 'star' of the party Freddie Gruber who he says is like a grandfather to him, then why couldn't he have used his obvious people skills  to be introduced to Peart?

Amazes me how so many people will waste so much time on the internet trying to solve something they weren't present at, so they'll assume this and that scenario when they don't know the specifics.

Again....I was standing outside. I told Freddy I couldn't come until later because I had stuff to do. Besides, it usually ends up going late at La Ve Lee with gigs, so I wasn't worried about what time I got there.

But like I said before. I hadn't seen Freddy until I got in for the 2nd show. And this was after the whole ordeal took place outside the club where there were probably 20-30 standing around chit chatting. Which I was one of. If I had been inside on the 1st set, and if I sat at the back table with Freddy, I'm sure things would have gone down differently. Oh well.

But when I saw Neil come out the front door, I said "Hey there Neil". And I tell ya, it was like somebody that didn't give you the time of day. Total poker face. After the 2nd time I said, "how it goin?". I figured that he just didn't hear me amongst the loud crowd at the door.

When I went over to hang with Nick Vincent (another long time student of Freddys), thats when I realized that Neil didn't leave (I thought he did) and saw him talking to a couple of people next to the gas station. I told my lady friend, I'll be right back. I wanna say hi to someone.

Thats when I was confronted by Mosbach. And let me tell you, he was an ass. I mean, now......now that I understand that Neil doesn't like people approaching him (after reading the B.S. at this website and the other Rush groupee website),I had no idea the man was this way. I was treating him like he was nobody else that I haven't met over the years.

QUOTE (Rushian King)
In a video I saw, Neil was sitting right next to Gruber. At some point the author of this 'story' couldn't have gone up to Freddie to say something in plain view of Neil? This would've been a perfect opportunity, "Happy birthday Freddie! You've been like a grandfather to me. I appreciate what you've taught me so much. Thanks. Hey, you're Neil Peart right? I hear Freddie's taught you too. Isn't he great?"

Um....that video you saw was taken by me. I was standing next to the railing that was right next to the back table (table of honor). If you saw it at Youtube you would have seen it was uploaded by me, Joesmechanic.

And if you want to talk about gay, what idiot would have said that to Freddy. Freddy knows the relationship we have. Plus....he was being pulled from one person to the next. The only time I got to see him before the end of the 2nd set was when he went to the kitchen to get something to eat. Which is when I had enough alone time to talk to him and give him his B-day card. By that time, I wanted nothing to do with Neil and his posse'

Hope thats answered some questions for you.

Once he kind of blew you off, why didnt you just forget about getting Neil to say hi to you and focus on getting your bestest buddy Freddy his birthday card. We all get it, your an incredible friend to the worlds best drummers, and you think Neil is a dick, and his bodyguard is a dick. Fine. Youre also a bit of an attention whore.

Right..... lots of burbling, then the obnoxious salvo, that was the time to simply ignore the troll. But no, some people cant let it go. smile.gif

Here is right when things went off the tracks.

F-ing Lerxt.. z7shysterical.gif

another thread back from the dead

1022.gif

Everyone would gather

On the twenty third, today

Sitting in our chairs

To relive the fireworks display

Lerxt1990 on fire

P3WNing Joe together

Though it's just a memory

Some memories last forever

Funny how that Joesmechanic dude throws "Rush fanboy" at us like it's an insult, and criticizes how much some of us have posted, yet he's posted on another message board for several years. I guess it's okay to get all obsessive about the drums, but not Rush.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 23 2009, 07:06 AM)
Everyone would gather
On the twenty third, today
Sitting in our chairs
To relive the fireworks display
Lerxt1990 on fire
P3WNing Joe together
Though it's just a memory
Some memories last forever

smile.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 23 2009, 03:49 PM)
Funny how that Joesmechanic dude throws "Rush fanboy" at us like it's an insult, and criticizes how much some of us have posted, yet he's posted on another message board for several years. I guess it's okay to get all obsessive about the drums, but not Rush.

fanboi <---- z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 23 2009, 02:49 PM)

icon_really_happy_guy.gif You and your dumbassed friends here are just that. Fanbois to the hilt.

Ooooo!!! Lookie here!! I've got one of Neils drum sticks!! Ooooo!!! I know all the words to the trees! Oooooo!!! I've got every Rush t-shirt from every show....Ooooo!!!

Notice I haven't been on this website in over a year. Which is close to the case for that "other" website you're talking about (House of Drumming). I don't post on HOD that much because I usually communicate directly with most I know on there.

And who decided to rise this thread from the dead. Yup...another Rush fanboi like yourself. You guys just can't help yourselves huh? Where's that loser smiley when you need it. haha!!

Why don't I post much on the net you ask? Because I have a life. Unlike your fanboi's and girls here. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I just noticed a new thread about Neil over at House of Drumming if you care to take a look.

http://www.houseofdrumming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6306

Whats even cooler is....our own Peter Erskine (Erskoman) is now teaching your drum god. Good for Neil & how he wants to expand his drumming horizons.

BTW...I harbor no ill feelings towards Neil. Neil is the reason why I got into drumming. Hemispheres is what did it for me in the 8th grade. What he does, he does well. Why he's so anti-social is beyond me. Very unlike the overwhelming majority of professional musicians. But whatever. Thats his deal. Doesn't effect my life one iota.

What started out as me telling a bunch of close friends on HOD about Freddys B-day took on a life of its own. Freddy has been a close freind of mine for some 26 years now. Freddy personally called me to come down that evening. The only problem I had was with Neils stupid assed body guard Michael Mosbiatch. He's a little prick & a liar. Peter Erskine even set the record straight about what happened that night at HOD when this all went down. Back when you guys thought he wasn't a signifigant person in this whole story. If I ever saw him Michael again, I'd bitch slap his little girl ass into tomorrow.

Have a nice life little Rush fanboi kiddies.

And BTW...get out a little more why dontcha? Try to pry yourself from your computers once in a while. Theres a whole world out there.