Rushcon 8

Kid_Gloves

I'm just curious to see who is attending Rushcon and/or the Toronto show. I'll be at both!

I will probably never attend a Rushcon in my life. I will never miss a Pagscon however !!! 1022.gif laugh.gif atickhum.gif music.gif

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ May 14 2008, 10:27 AM)
Rushcon should move to different cities each year. Not everyone can afford trips to Canada for a week. Rotate it back to Toronto every 4 years. Have it in New York City one year, Los Angeles the next, Chicago, Miami, Dallas etc..

I'm all over that , Rush is a Global entity Toronto is nice and but c'mon ...there are rush Geeks everywhere!!

BTW, since I just found this Forum the day after the last show ... I'm sure you all have gatherings at your local show.

I'll have to wait until the next tour I suppose. I guess we could have a SoCal party the next time my friends band plays . His group is called Moving Pictures and oddly enough they are a cover band.

I heard that thing was a total nerdfest! kinda like a trekkie convention.

well unless geddy lee could personally pick me up in his bass owl airplane, or somehow if i got gas money to take me all the way to toronto i would go......

sadly...... im a poor kid that cant even pass her drivers license so most likely i will not attend

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/dpagano4/abig_smile.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 14 2008, 02:04 PM)
I will probably never attend a Rushcon in my life. I will never miss a Pagscon however !!! 1022.gif  laugh.gif  atickhum.gif  music.gif

Now that made my day!!!!!!!!

heart.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ May 14 2008, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ May 14 2008, 02:54 PM)
I heard that thing was a total nerdfest! kinda like a Rush concert.

Fixed your post.

OUCH!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ May 14 2008, 01:27 PM)
Rushcon should move to different cities each year. Not everyone can afford trips to Canada for a week. Rotate it back to Toronto every 4 years. Have it in New York City one year, Los Angeles the next, Chicago, Miami, Dallas etc..

yes.gif

QUOTE (udanax @ May 14 2008, 06:27 PM)
well unless geddy lee could personally pick me up in his bass owl airplane, or somehow if i got gas money to take me all the way to toronto i would go......

sadly...... im a poor kid that cant even pass her drivers license so most likely i will not attend

or if you could fly there in an airplane made of beef. . .

I love RushCon. I have been to several and met some great folks (including Terry Brown, Donna Halper, Alex's sister and mother)

If you can ever go I highly recommend it. I don't care if people think it's a nerd fest. The last one I attended 2 years ago, we were able to take a bus down to Neil's hometown and got to visit Lakeside Park - including smoking on the pier (for smokers anyway) see the lighthouse, and I personally rode the "merry go round wheezing the same old melody".

As for this year, I won't and can't attend since they've scheduled it smack in the middle of the work week. wacko.gif

As for rotating it from city to city, I disagree. It should stay in Toronto. I can visit Rush fans in all the other towns if I want without an actual convention taking place.

QUOTE (tick @ May 15 2008, 06:04 AM)
I will probably never attend a Rushcon in my life. I will never miss a Pagscon however !!! 1022.gif laugh.gif atickhum.gif music.gif

smile.gif Absolutely stellar post sir atickhum.gif and I can't wait to meet you and the good people at this event. trink39.gif

I'll stick to Eucon, the European Rush fan convention, I don't think hubby would stump up for a trip to Toronto.

Incidentally, I've been to Eucons in Birmingham, Leeds, Crewe and Manchester, that moves around a bit, but seeing as Rush are Canadians it's nice for there to be a convention in Canada.

Peace

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ May 14 2008, 02:27 PM)

If you have it in Miami, no one will show up.

Well seeing as I already live in Toronto of course I will be at the Toronto show but I dont think I will be going to Rush Con. But I will be playing host to a few TRFers that week! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ May 14 2008, 12:27 PM)

You make it sound like Toronto is some distant outpost.

It's an hour and a half from Buffalo fer chrissakes.

Archived