Actresses of the Past

lerxt1990

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 9 2008, 12:40 PM)
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/images/2007/07/18/phyllis_diller.jpg

drool1.gif

What a fox!

I came across some stats yeserday while flipping through a fashion magazine. Thought it was interesting since we were discussing this.

The "average" woman:

Height: 5'4"

Waist: 37"

Hips: 44"

Size 14

The "size 2" woman:

Height:

Waist: 25"

Hips: 35"

Size: 2

Another of Ann-Margret, circa 1976. God, I love this woman. She'll be 67 years-old later this month, and still looks great.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3a/Ann-Margret_In_1976.jpg/266px-Ann-Margret_In_1976.jpg

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 8 2008, 10:03 AM)
What I love about these women is that they're not skin and bones. I guess Audrey Hepburn was pretty thin, but she was naturally petite, and it suited her. The other women weren't ashamed of their curves.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 10 2008, 08:27 AM)
The "size 2" woman:
Height:

rofl3.gif

That's hilarious.

Well, I'm above average on height, I'll say that.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 10 2008, 01:56 PM)
The "size 2" woman:
Height:

rofl3.gif

That's hilarious.

biggrin.gif

I think they actually listed the height at 5'2" but you KNOW there are models and actresses out there that are over 5'8" and probably have numbers lower than that. It's so unhealthy. I admit that I'm on the thin side but still.... I think I look healthy. So many of these actresses and models just do not look healthy to me. They don't exercise and probably aren't eating that much to maintain low weight and measurement figures.

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 10 2008, 04:02 PM)
The "size 2" woman:
Height:

rofl3.gif

That's hilarious.

biggrin.gif

I think they actually listed the height at 5'2" but you KNOW there are models and actresses out there that are over 5'8" and probably have numbers lower than that. It's so unhealthy. I admit that I'm on the thin side but still.... I think I look healthy. So many of these actresses and models just do not look healthy to me. They don't exercise and probably aren't eating that much to maintain low weight and measurement figures.

Exactly!

I'm not on the thin side, but I'm not overweight either.

I'm just big-boned.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 10 2008, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 10 2008, 04:02 PM)
The "size 2" woman:
Height:

rofl3.gif

That's hilarious.

biggrin.gif

Exactly!

I'm not on the thin side, but I'm not overweight either.

I'm just big-boned.

laugh.gif

It's interesting to me that the, "average" woman is such-and-such but our role models (if you will) are shrinking. It really does a number on the self-esteem of young girls. Anyway... whole other subject there.

But, oh man, I saw this woman the other day who literally was a walking skeleton. I do not know how she was able to... maintain. It made me feel ill. Assuming she had no serious illness, what in the world is going through her head to make her do that to herself. Jeez. It almost made me mad.

What I love about these women is that they're not skin and bones. I guess Audrey Hepburn was pretty thin, but she was naturally petite, and it suited her. The other women weren't ashamed of their curves.

I wish it was still like that today. Those of us who aren't stick figures would like it a lot better.

There are a whole host of guys, me included, that wish it were that way too. Hollywood doesn't give us much worth looking at anymore.

If you think your curvy then be happy with that and stay that way cause it is HOT!!!!!!

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 11 2008, 11:41 AM)
What I love about these women is that they're not skin and bones.  I guess Audrey Hepburn was pretty thin, but she was naturally petite, and it suited her.  The other women weren't ashamed of their curves.

I wish it was still like that today.  Those of us who aren't stick figures would like it a lot better.

There are a whole host of guys, me included, that wish it were that way too. Hollywood doesn't give us much worth looking at anymore.

If you think your curvy then be happy with that and stay that way cause it is HOT!!!!!!

I won't be changing...no worries. I like me. yes.gif

The dolls from "Valley of the Dolls" - from left, Barbara Parkins, Sharon Tate and Patty Duke.

http://www.iagsdc.org/hotlanta/photos2/sixties18.jpg

Also in the movie, playing the aging diva threatened by Duke's Neely O'Hara, Susan Hayward.

http://www.fashionstate.com/susanhayward/susansexyinblack.jpg

Edited by tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 11 2008, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 11 2008, 11:47 AM)
How about Maureen O'Hara... wub.gif

http://ximo.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/maureen-ohara3.jpg

I liked her in 'Only the Lonely' with John Candy.

I think my dad had a thing for her in Quiet Man.

Thanks for that. *I* had a thing for her in The Quiet Man laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 10 2008, 05:45 PM)
What I love about these women is that they're not skin and bones.  I guess Audrey Hepburn was pretty thin, but she was naturally petite, and it suited her.  The other women weren't ashamed of their curves.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Agreed. Actresses in the past had their own beauty standards, allowing an unique existing beauty. They believed in themselves.

Plus, they used talent.

Nice thread. It's great to remember old times and classics.

Edited by rhyvenne

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 9 2008, 08:21 AM)
We need more ladies in Hollywood like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

An angry Jennifer Love Hewitt is defending her curves after photos of her in a bikini were ridiculed on the Internet. "I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized," the 28-year-old actress writes on her Web site.

"To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all the girls out there that are struggling with their body image."

The photos show Hewitt, with a bit of cellulite, on a Hawaii beach with her new fiance, Scottish actor Ross McCall.

Several sites posted the shots, along with some less-than-complimentary comments. TMZ.com, for example, said, "We know what you ate this summer, Love everything!"

"A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be," Hewitt responded in a post Thursday. "And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful."

"What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles," says the star of TV's "Ghost Whisperer" and the film "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

"To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist," she wrote, "put on a bikini put it on and stay strong."

How could you "ridicule" pics of Jennifer Love Hewitt in anything?! She is without a doubt one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.......ever.

Better Maureen O'Sullivan pictures.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/Weatherman2112_photos/MV5BNjQ5ODU4MjE0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTY.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/Weatherman2112_photos/Jane4.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/Weatherman2112_photos/9369604_gal.jpg