Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

Steevo... go to your nearest F.Y.E (possibly Best Buy, if your lucky) and pick this up.............

http://www.stereo.pl/skany/1024/3/8/7/1/1/8/387118.jpg

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 14 2009, 01:22 AM)
Steevo... go to your nearest F.Y.E (possibly Best Buy, if your lucky) and pick this up.............

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 14 2009, 07:58 AM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

I'm gonna watch it tonight. Gavin Harrison on "Hatesong" is amazing.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 14 2009, 09:19 AM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

He gives a drumming clinic on that song. So many techniques. It needs multiple vid angles.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 14 2009, 09:06 AM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

He gives a drumming clinic on that song. So many techniques. It needs multiple vid angles.

I've heard that they're putting out a new live CD soon. I wonder if they'll wait until they finish the tour for The Incident.

BTW... I ordered that Insurgentes remix that came with the booklet signed by Wilson, and it came in the mail yesterday. I almost passed out. Seriously.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 14 2009, 10:16 AM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

I've heard that they're putting out a new live CD soon. I wonder if they'll wait until they finish the tour for The Incident.

BTW... I ordered that Insurgentes remix that came with the booklet signed by Wilson, and it came in the mail yesterday. I almost passed out. Seriously.

laugh.gif

If you ever meet him, be sure to have someone hold on to you. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 14 2009, 09:28 AM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif

tongue.gif I hope I never do for the same reason I hope I never meet Alex Lifeson. It would reduce me to a giggling, blushing, babbling school girl.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 14 2009, 06:22 AM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

That is one of the best concert DVD's ever released! I love that DVD, it's perfection! I think if you want to get into Porcupine Tree and you don't know what to buy first, this DVD is the best choice.

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Aug 14 2009, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 14 2009, 06:22 AM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

That is one of the best concert DVD's ever released! I love that DVD, it's perfection! I think if you want to get into Porcupine Tree and you don't know what to buy first, this DVD is the best choice.

Ditto.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 14 2009, 05:22 PM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

Thanks dude, will do. I would love to catch a live DVD of theirs while still in my undecided phase ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 14 2009, 05:40 PM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

Thanks dude, will do. I would love to catch a live DVD of theirs while still in my undecided phase ph34r.gif

I'm watching it right now. trink39.gif

You know who I really love watching on this DVD? Colin Edwin. He's so cool and just goes with the flow. But, he can play the shit out of that bass when he needs to.

I wonder how long it will be before it hits YouTube.

Porcupine Tree To Debut New Music Video For "Time Flies" On Monday

Porcupine Tree has issued the following update about premiering the new music video for the song "Time Files" on Monday:

"Porcupine Tree reveal the first video from their highly anticipated new album THE INCIDENT (in stores 14th September) exclusively with MUZU TV in the UK and Ireland this coming Monday (17th August) at 4pm.

"The video is directed by Lasse Hoile, the man responsible for (amongst other things) the videos for Fear Of A Blank Planet and Way Out Of Here, the stunning visuals at Porcupine Tree shows, and the hardback book of photographs to accompany The Incident that comes as part of the limited deluxe edition. Time Flies in its full 12 minute form appears as the central segment of the 55 minute title track of the album.

"Head to THIS LOCATION on Monday at 4pm to check out the video. There will also be a competition to celebrate the launch of the album."

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 15 2009, 08:43 AM)
I wonder how long it will be before it hits YouTube.

Porcupine Tree To Debut New Music Video For "Time Flies" On Monday

Porcupine Tree has issued the following update about premiering the new music video for the song "Time Files" on Monday:

"Porcupine Tree reveal the first video from their highly anticipated new album THE INCIDENT (in stores 14th September) exclusively with MUZU TV in the UK and Ireland this coming Monday (17th August) at 4pm.

"The video is directed by Lasse Hoile, the man responsible for (amongst other things) the videos for Fear Of A Blank Planet and Way Out Of Here, the stunning visuals at Porcupine Tree shows, and the hardback book of photographs to accompany The Incident that comes as part of the limited deluxe edition. Time Flies in its full 12 minute form appears as the central segment of the 55 minute title track of the album.

"Head to THIS LOCATION on Monday at 4pm to check out the video. There will also be a competition to celebrate the launch of the album."

Someone needs to tell them to update that band photo. It has Chris Maitland in it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 14 2009, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 14 2009, 05:40 PM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

I'm watching it right now. trink39.gif

You know who I really love watching on this DVD? Colin Edwin. He's so cool and just goes with the flow. But, he can play the shit out of that bass when he needs to.

I saw PT back in 2007... and I got front row seats (it was general admission) and was right in front of Colin..... He is one laid back dude... he just played bass well... he didn't rock out... he was just groovin the whole night.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 14 2009, 02:35 PM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif

tongue.gif I hope I never do for the same reason I hope I never meet Alex Lifeson. It would reduce me to a giggling, blushing, babbling school girl.

laugh.gif

Steve's a really cool guy in person. He was doing a short tour around independent record shops to promote Insurgentes and there was a meet and greet. He seemed optimistic about touring the solo album when I talked to him. Shame that never came to light.

Got a signed poster though which was cool.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Aug 16 2009, 06:03 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 14 2009, 02:35 PM)

"Arriving Somewhere" DVD

It is a must

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Steve's a really cool guy in person. He was doing a short tour around independent record shops to promote Insurgentes and there was a meet and greet. He seemed optimistic about touring the solo album when I talked to him. Shame that never came to light.

Got a signed poster though which was cool.

That must have been an incredible experience. I would hope I'd maintain my composure if I had the opportunity. laugh.gif I'm still really upset that PT isn't coming down my way for the upcoming tour.

Steven Wilson's Playlist from Aug. 17

Nurse With Wound - The Memory Surface

Autechre - Untilted

Prurient - Cocaine Death

Eleh - Homage to the Sine Wave

Jimmy Campbell - Half Baked

The Mars Volta - Octahedron

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

Sandy Denny - Sandy

Rush - A Farewell to Kings

Asmus Tietchens - Eine Menge Papier

Radio Massacre International - E-Live 2008

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

http://www.swhq.co.uk/index.cfm

I just downloaded the edit of "Time flies" from iTunes... I cannot wait to hear the full 11 minute version of this song... I can only imagine with the 5 minute version being this good.

Anyone see the video yet... it premired on a website according to pt.com, but I cannot find it anywhere... I'd like to see it.