I Drive The Hearse

Even Less (Full)

videos from Berlin

Time Flies

Kneel and Disconnect

Lazarus

smile.gif

Thanks!

They haven't been pulled yet??? Usually, the PT camp is ALL OVER that shit. They must be taking a well-deserved break. trink39.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 22 2010, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Oct 22 2010, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (KW84 @ Oct 19 2010, 08:34 PM)
I did some searching on youtube today and found some videos from
RAH.

I Drive The Hearse

Even Less (Full)

videos from Berlin

Time Flies

Kneel and Disconnect

Lazarus

smile.gif

Thanks!

They haven't been pulled yet??? Usually, the PT camp is ALL OVER that shit. They must be taking a well-deserved break. trink39.gif

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Lets hope they are.

QUOTE (KW84 @ Oct 22 2010, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 22 2010, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Oct 22 2010, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (KW84 @ Oct 19 2010, 08:34 PM)
I did some searching on youtube today and found some videos from
RAH.

I Drive The Hearse

Even Less (Full)

videos from Berlin

Time Flies

Kneel and Disconnect

Lazarus

smile.gif

Thanks!

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Lets hope they are.

Yeah... shhhhh.....

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 24 2010, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Oct 23 2010, 03:10 PM)
I find Mellotron Scratch to be one of their best & most beautiful songs, & also I believe it's underrated. Especially on the Deadwing album.
Anyone agree/disagree?

Great song. Its VERY underrated imo.

4:55 onwards...pure PT heaven wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 24 2010, 04:38 PM)
I find Mellotron Scratch to be one of their best & most beautiful songs, & also I believe it's underrated. Especially on the Deadwing album.
Anyone agree/disagree?

Awesome, awesome song...I love that hard rock jam or as Steven once called it "that Townshend thing" and the vocal harmonies at the end of the song especially.

Another song I think is underrated is Fadeaway from the Up The Downstair album which in turn is a REALLY underrated album. Love the lyrics, the arrangement of it, especially the slide guitar. It's probably my favorite song from that Space Rock era and is on my top 3 albums next to Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream. If any of you haven't listened to Up the Downstair yet, I highly recommend that you do!

I was listening to In Absentia last night/today and I started thinking about the meaning of Trains. I know this has probably been discussed, but after reading the lyrics, I think I have an idea of what it is about.

The narrator (who is probally young, 10-12) visits his cousin's family every summer, and he is in love with a girl (either a girl who lives nearby or possibly the cousin). She gets murdered, and is killed by the train (60 ton angel). Because he lives near trains, every time he hears one passing by he thinks of her and is "dying in love". Then, he realizes its OK and she moved on.

This is one of the reasons why I like PT, the lyrics are up for interpertation. Anyone have any thoughts?

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Oct 24 2010, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 24 2010, 04:38 PM)
Anyone agree/disagree?

Awesome, awesome song...I love that hard rock jam or as Steven once called it "that Townshend thing" and the vocal harmonies at the end of the song especially.

Glad to see some others share my opinion! smile.gif

To the post about the meaning of Trains, that's a very interesting interpretation. I didn't even have a clue that Trains could possibly even be about something like that....to be honest, if Trains was really about that, it would've musically flowed with Lazarus very nicely...

I've always wanted to think that Shesmovedon and Feel So Low were somehow about Steven's former ex-girlfriends but how do I know since he's never mentioned (and he shouldn't really) anything about his love life other than that the girl speaking during the intro of Tinto Brass was his Japanese girlfriend at the time and she basically spoke about whatever was written about the guy of the same name in a film book. (Source, DPRP/Dutch Progressive Rock Page during the Stupid Dream era)

I also interpreted the lyrics of Fadeaway as the feeling one gets from either a LSD trip or near death experience based on the lyrics "I stumbled through the dark unaware/Where do the voices come from/I fell through a hole in the floor"

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 25 2010, 09:21 AM)
Probably heard by most, but here's a Melbourne radio interview SW gave in Feb 2010 while touring TI. Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCZrUCbnqK4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP5KHCJLeLk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7X9Y0ePwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PhIHPSHWbI

Great! I never heard it!

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 24 2010, 11:31 PM)
I was listening to In Absentia last night/today and I started thinking about the meaning of Trains. I know this has probably been discussed, but after reading the lyrics, I think I have an idea of what it is about.
The narrator (who is probally young, 10-12) visits his cousin's family every summer, and he is in love with a girl (either a girl who lives nearby or possibly the cousin). She gets murdered, and is killed by the train (60 ton angel). Because he lives near trains, every time he hears one passing by he thinks of her and is "dying in love". Then, he realizes its OK and she moved on.
This is one of the reasons why I like PT, the lyrics are up for interpertation. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have always wanted a meaning of many PT songs. With Trains, I can't figure out what this is all about...

When I hear the engine pass

I'm kissing you wide

The hissing subsides

I'm in luck

When the evening reaches here

You're tying me up

I'm dying of love

It's OK

I've said it in this thread before, but I would really like to discuss meanings of some of SW's lyrics.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 26 2010, 01:26 PM)
I've said it in this thread before, but I would really like to discuss meanings of some of SW's lyrics.

I think that's a great call. As for Trains I think ColdFire pretty much nailed it. I had the same meaning, just the '60 ton angel falls to the earth' line bugged me a little eh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 25 2010, 08:55 PM)

I think that's a great call. As for Trains I think ColdFire pretty much nailed it. I had the same meaning, just the '60 ton angel falls to the earth' line bugged me a little eh.gif laugh.gif

The tying me up part throws me. Is someone being tied to a train track?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 26 2010, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 25 2010, 08:55 PM)

The tying me up part throws me. Is someone being tied to a train track?

Being tied to her memory.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 25 2010, 07:05 PM)
Steven Wilson uploaded the Insurgents bonus tracks on Soundcloud for free.
http://soundcloud.com/steven-wilson/tracks

On Steven's Facebook, he's asking the fans on what other stuff he should upload onto Soundcloud. Unfortunately, songs that are currently in print or owned by Atlantic Records like Half-Light and Mother and Child Divided can't be uploaded. He hopes those songs will be released on a Recordings II once the rights expired and he owns them again. I requested that he should upload the very rare and out of print XMII and a very long out of print live EP called Spiral Circus, though I kinda feel bad for asking because there's just so many things he can do...I would be willing to pay for a high quality download for those on Burning Shed if possible.

Edit: I just watched a Roadrunner Records interview with him and he explains that the RCMH show wasn't filmed because they felt too much pressure already given the fact they're playing at a prestigious venue and playing the longest show they've done ever.

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (KW84 @ Oct 25 2010, 11:12 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 25 2010, 11:06 PM)
Steven Wilson is the man who just keeps giving...... What a f***ing champion.

yes.gif applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif

Agreed. One of the nicest and most generous men in music today. Whatever music he comes up with and presents, I'll always be happy to cherish and listen to them. He simply puts his heart and soul into making music and that's why I love him as a musician. There's nothing he's ever done that was dead and unemotional, IMO.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Oct 25 2010, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (KW84 @ Oct 25 2010, 11:12 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 25 2010, 11:06 PM)
Steven Wilson is the man who just keeps giving...... What a f***ing champion.

yes.gif applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif

Agreed. One of the nicest and most generous men in music today. Whatever music he comes up with and presents, I'll always be happy to cherish and listen to them. He simply puts his heart and soul into making music and that's why I love him as a musician. There's nothing he's ever done that was dead and unemotional, IMO.

But you are actually going to buy the stuff... Right?