Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 12 2009, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 12 2009, 07:10 AM)
Hey does anyone know what the setlist is for this 2009 tour?  Don't post it here, if you know it.  Send me a PM.  I'm curious, is all.

Thanks
trink39.gif

The tour doesn't start until this Tuesday so I doubt any setlist will be posted til then...

As soon as it becomes available I'll let you know.

Ah! I thought the shows had begun already. Oh well. Thanks, Rick!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 12 2009, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 12 2009, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 12 2009, 07:10 AM)
Hey does anyone know what the setlist is for this 2009 tour?  Don't post it here, if you know it.  Send me a PM.  I'm curious, is all.

Thanks
trink39.gif

The tour doesn't start until this Tuesday so I doubt any setlist will be posted til then...

As soon as it becomes available I'll let you know.

Ah! I thought the shows had begun already. Oh well. Thanks, Rick!

trink39.gif

Not a problem trink39.gif

The podcast for the Rogues' Gallery broadcast on Sept 10 included most of The Incident. Link

I am thinking uh-oh. unsure.gif

It just may have to grow on me. But then again, so did almost every other PT release and all of my favorite CDs took some time to appreciate.

What a great band. Saw them for the first time on the Deadwing tour (love In Absentia but THIS is their masterpiece!) at a small club in DC and they were incredible. Gavin blew me away. Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 12 2009, 09:20 AM)
What a great band. Saw them for the first time on the Deadwing tour (love In Absentia but THIS is their masterpiece!) at a small club in DC and they were incredible. Gavin blew me away.

Are you saying Deadwing is their masterpiece? If so I agree!

I also also saw PT in a small club ( less than a 1,000) and Gavin blew me away too!

I can't wait to hear the new disc.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 12 2009, 10:33 AM)
What a great band.  Saw them for the first time on the Deadwing tour (love In Absentia but THIS is their masterpiece!) at a small club in DC and they were incredible.  Gavin blew me away.

I also also saw PT in a small club ( less than a 1,000) and Gavin blew me away too!

Their best CD is In Absentia, IMO. Diverse and dynamic.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 12 2009, 10:16 AM)
What a great band.  Saw them for the first time on the Deadwing tour (love In Absentia but THIS is their masterpiece!) at a small club in DC and they were incredible.  Gavin blew me away.

Don't get me wrong, I love In Absentia as well, but Deadwing is the first PT album I bought and it really blows me away top to bottom. I like the songs a bit better than the former.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 12 2009, 02:33 PM)

Don't get me wrong, I love In Absentia as well, but Deadwing is the first PT album I bought and it really blows me away top to bottom. I like the songs a bit better than the former.

Oh, it's all good. Everyone has a favorite. Has this been polled? Hmmm....

ok, im embarassed to say this, but Im JUST REALIZING that the album is coming out next week. Wow, a new PT album for the Fall. It doesnt get better than that. FANTASTIC.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but whats the early word about it?

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 12 2009, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 12 2009, 02:33 PM)

Oh, it's all good. Everyone has a favorite. Has this been polled? Hmmm....

Here is the poll, and I didn't even vote in it yet.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=44&t=23104

WOW......... The PT site is completely new!!! It looks great, and the addition of the video player is spot on!

The Video playlist includes a live version of "Way out of Here" that is taken from the upcoming live DVD!!!!!

check it out!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 14 2009, 01:25 AM)
The Video playlist includes a live version of "Way out of Here" that is taken from the upcoming live DVD!!!!!

Now that is one great video! I never knew JW sang the chorus.

I have to say, I'm becomming more and more blown away by this band. I've spent the last week listening to Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, and FOABP (mostly Absentia) - and I just can't get enough. The more I hear the more I.... HEAR. So much in the music to pick out that I didn't hear on the previous listen. It's just awesome. I'm serious when I say I have not had this kind of a feeling about a band since I had my epiphony with Rush back in 1991. The more I listen to these guys, the more I want to dive in deeper, and listen more. This is huge.

It's like Rush and Pink Floyd slammed together and out popped Porcupine Tree. Yet they don't for a minute sound like a copy band, or somone trying to rip off the sound or identity from someone else. They totally make their own mark on every song.

Personal Favs at this point are:

Dark Matter (the song that started it all for me)

Hatesong

Blackest Eyes

Trains

THE SOUND OF MUZAK (my fav)

Prodigal

Anesthetize

Sleep Together

The CD I've listened least to is Lightbulb Sun. Something about it just sounds 'old' even at the time of its release, so it's taken a little bit more getting used to, while the others just sucked me right in.

I want MORE!

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 14 2009, 08:55 AM)
I have to say, I'm becomming more and more blown away by this band. I've spent the last week listening to Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, and FOABP (mostly Absentia) - and I just can't get enough. The more I hear the more I.... HEAR. So much in the music to pick out that I didn't hear on the previous listen. It's just awesome. I'm serious when I say I have not had this kind of a feeling about a band since I had my epiphony with Rush back in 1991. The more I listen to these guys, the more I want to dive in deeper, and listen more. This is huge.

It's like Rush and Pink Floyd slammed together and out popped Porcupine Tree. Yet they don't for a minute sound like a copy band, or somone trying to rip off the sound or identity from someone else. They totally make their own mark on every song.

Hatesong
Blackest Eyes
Trains
Prodigal
Anesthetize
Sleep Together

The CD I've listened least to is Lightbulb Sun. Something about it just sounds 'old' even at the time of its release, so it's taken a little bit more getting used to, while the others just sucked me right in.

I want MORE!

Have you listened to Deadwing yet? That album is pretty awesome as well. 1022.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 14 2009, 11:13 AM)
Who all here at TRF is catching this US tour?

I was asked if I wanted to buy tickets for the NY show coming up in a week and a half, but I don't think I can make it so I told him no. sad.gif

I'd really like to see them live.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 14 2009, 11:10 AM)
I have to say, I'm becomming more and more blown away by this band.  I've spent the last week listening to Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, and FOABP (mostly Absentia) - and I just can't get enough.  The more I hear the more I.... HEAR.  So much in the music to pick out that I didn't hear on the previous listen.  It's just awesome.  I'm serious when I say I have not had this kind of a feeling about a band since I had my epiphony with Rush back in 1991.  The more I listen to these guys, the more I want to dive in deeper, and listen more.  This is huge.

It's like Rush and Pink Floyd slammed together and out popped Porcupine Tree.  Yet they don't for a minute sound like a copy band, or somone trying to rip off the sound or identity from someone else.  They totally make their own mark on every song.

Hatesong
Blackest Eyes
Trains
Prodigal
Anesthetize
Sleep Together

The CD I've listened least to is Lightbulb Sun.  Something about it just sounds 'old' even at the time of its release, so it's taken a little bit more getting used to, while the others just sucked me right in.

I want MORE!

Have you listened to Deadwing yet? That album is pretty awesome as well. 1022.gif

That's what I'm reading.... some folks here say it's their masterpiece. But I have not heard it yet.

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 14 2009, 10:19 AM)

I was asked if I wanted to buy tickets for the NY show coming up in a week and a half, but I don't think I can make it so I told him no. sad.gif

I'd really like to see them live.

make it happen if you can. if not, they are supposed to return in the spring to the states for another run.

They are one the best sounding live bands I have ever seen. As you might imagine SW's attention to detail carries over to the live show.

Definitely check out Deadwing when you can, its amazing.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 14 2009, 09:13 AM)

They are coming nowhere near me on this first leg... so not this time..

But for the FOABP tour they did a second leg and came back and did some other cities....

I hope they do that again.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 14 2009, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 14 2009, 09:13 AM)

They are coming nowhere near me on this first leg... so not this time..

But for the FOABP tour they did a second leg and came back and did some other cities....

I hope they do that again.

I truly hope this is what they do. I missed out on the FOABP tour because of something unbelievably ridiculous. I've yet to see them live.

BTW, I got the link from The Omega Order to download the digital album, but I'm not gonna. no.gif The real deal, deluxe dealie should be on my doorstep when I get home. I can't wait.

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 14 2009, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 14 2009, 11:10 AM)
I have to say, I'm becomming more and more blown away by this band.  I've spent the last week listening to Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, and FOABP (mostly Absentia) - and I just can't get enough.  The more I hear the more I.... HEAR.  So much in the music to pick out that I didn't hear on the previous listen.  It's just awesome.  I'm serious when I say I have not had this kind of a feeling about a band since I had my epiphony with Rush back in 1991.  The more I listen to these guys, the more I want to dive in deeper, and listen more.  This is huge.

It's like Rush and Pink Floyd slammed together and out popped Porcupine Tree.  Yet they don't for a minute sound like a copy band, or somone trying to rip off the sound or identity from someone else.  They totally make their own mark on every song.

Hatesong
Blackest Eyes
Trains
Prodigal
Anesthetize
Sleep Together

The CD I've listened least to is Lightbulb Sun.  Something about it just sounds 'old' even at the time of its release, so it's taken a little bit more getting used to, while the others just sucked me right in.

I want MORE!

That's what I'm reading.... some folks here say it's their masterpiece. But I have not heard it yet.

Pags, get the "Arriving Somewhere" DVD. It's an amazing concert video, and it has a lot of Deadwing stuff on it. You'll be glued to your TV for a week.

I really wanted to catch them this tour, but I may not be able to. Not having a job will do that. laugh.gif