Bravest Face

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Mar 10 2008, 12:32 PM)
Does BF really have that many more lyrics than other Rush songs? I do think maybe the choruses would have more impact if they were shorter, with maybe one long chorus at the end.

Does anyone else hear a kind of Dave Matthews vibe in the verses of BF? There's something about the quirky acoustic guitar riff and Geddy's vocal phrasing that reminds me of a Dave Matthews song (in a good way).

BTW, what's with all the hate for MalNar? wtf.gif Sure, it's no La Villa but it's still a fun track and I'm glad they included it on S&A. And as far as "worst instrumental," MalNar puts Limbo's pathetic @ss to shame.

I'm addicted to Mal Nar.

I do wish it was a minute longer, but that's no biggie, as I just hit the replay button twice. cool.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 10 2008, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (witch hunt @ Mar 10 2008, 04:51 PM)
i don't think  2.gif would have put a song on their albums that is not worth to listen to it,
There must be something we haven't catch about BF...just my two cents  cool.gif

Sorry to burst your little rose-tinted bubble my friend, but let me let you in on a little secret...

Just because THEY think it is good doesn't actually mean that it is.....

well you are right, but i think that they are still pretty hard on them about critics....

And no there'no too much lyrics in it wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 10 2008, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (witch hunt @ Mar 10 2008, 04:51 PM)
i don't think  2.gif would have put a song on their albums that is not worth to listen to it,
There must be something we haven't catch about BF...just my two cents  cool.gif

Sorry to burst your little rose-tinted bubble my friend, but let me let you in on a little secret...

Just because THEY think it is good doesn't actually mean that it is.....

my point with s& a or h.y.f or p.w. or....eh, you understand biggrin.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Mar 10 2008, 03:51 AM)
Once again the question is, do you think there's too much singing throughout the song?

I think there should be a longer space between the verses and the chorus, it just seems a little crammed in together there and also if he didn't repeat "though we might have precious little it's still precious" it might improve the song a bit, but it's still a good song!

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Mar 10 2008, 12:32 PM)
Does BF really have that many more lyrics than other Rush songs? I do think maybe the choruses would have more impact if they were shorter, with maybe one long chorus at the end.

Does anyone else hear a kind of Dave Matthews vibe in the verses of BF? There's something about the quirky acoustic guitar riff and Geddy's vocal phrasing that reminds me of a Dave Matthews song (in a good way).

BTW, what's with all the hate for MalNar? wtf.gif Sure, it's no La Villa but it's still a fun track and I'm glad they included it on S&A. And as far as "worst instrumental," MalNar puts Limbo's pathetic @ss to shame.

Dave Matthews, excuse me for a sec 062802puke_prv.gif

Once again the question is, do you think there's too much singing throughout the song?

no............

The first time i heard the album -track by track and evaluated the songs -Far Cry remained at the top and Bravest face in the top 5..

I think there is little love for this song because it was not played on tour

Personaly I like it --and the way Geds sings it sorta errie especially the last few notes. -not to many Rush songs end that way.

BRAVEST FACE is definatly not the weakest on the album-----

On the Contrary 
Mal-Nar was basically thrown together on a 4 peice drum set and their producer asked Geddy to play those new rifs he was practising on the new bass that Andy Curran (RMO) (coney hatch) turned him on to.
Geddy was experimenting with cords in the Studio some of which formed Mal-Nar and their producer recorded him over hidden vocal mics without Geds knowing what he was doing and asked Ged to try something with those cords.
Neil who had packed up his kit already randomly started jamming with a 4 piece kit the studio had there and once they got the track down -Alex (who was not even there )put his guitar parts to it at his home.
It took 2 days to make that song 

* Dont get me wrong Mal Nar I really like and is a good short burst instumental and fits the album ,
however ,was it that much better then TMMB to be offered a Grammy nomination??? -I dont think so -
-Mal-Nar to me is slightly weaker to earlier instumentals such as Leave that Thing alone,Wheres my Thing ,YYZ ,La Villa are way ahead of it and let me tell ya Im a huge Rush instumental fan

-Given the way it was all put together (although spontanuity is awesome when in the studio) and its length, and maybe overatedness of the whole grammy thing - Malnar may be the weakest link on S&A
or at least tied with THE GOOD NEWS FIRST

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 9 2008, 06:35 PM)
I like this song...and it has a very retro flavor to it.... (sounds to me inspired by their Feedback tribute). BUT it's probably my least favorite on the album.

It's so weird when I hear things like this, because I think Bravest Face is one of the better tunes on S&A, after Armor & Sword, Far Cry, MalNar, and maybe Working them Angels.

QUOTE (DallasRUSHian @ Mar 10 2008, 06:28 PM)
This is one of my favorites on S&A. I like it better than Good News First.

Me too, by a lot. I don't really care for GNF but the guitar for the verse is really interesting to me.

This is one of my favorites on S&A. I like it better than Good News First.

It\'s a long, long way from being one of my favourites, but yes, its saving grace is it\'s bettet than Good News First.

I don\'t normally pay much attention to lyrics, as the music comes first for me, but they are absolutely shocking on Bravest Face, possibly the biggest pile of pants NEP has come up with.

QUOTE (Analog Brian Kidd @ Mar 11 2008, 01:25 PM)
This is one of my favorites on S&A.  I like it better than Good News First.

It\'s a long, long way from being one of my favourites, but yes, its saving grace is it\'s bettet than Good News First.

I don\'t normally pay much attention to lyrics, as the music comes first for me, but they are absolutely shocking on Bravest Face, possibly the biggest pile of pants NEP has come up with.

I think thats Dog years, or possibly Out of the cradle.

Archived