PYTHON POLL

Lady April

If you had a chance to interview the Python of YOUR choice which one would it be and why???  

34 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a chance to interview the Python of YOUR choice which one would it be and why???

• Graham Chapman
    • John Cleese
    • Michael Palin
    • Eric Idle
    • Terry Jones
    • Terry Gilliam

My curiosity has become very overwhelming as I have randomly asked this question and received the most obvious and expected answers. After researching carefully all talents of all members, pre and post Python work, University educations, personal lives, my personal choice of an intrigueing Python interview is not seeming to be the most popular of the boys. I have become hell bent in this for some God-awful reason or another. I will not tell mine till there are votes placed.

An "obvious and expected" answer perhaps, but I'd pick John Cleese.

He's very funny in person as well as on screen, as I learned when Letterman once interviewed him.

Def Michael Palin.

He's a traveller like me, and I'd ask him about all the places he visited during his "around the World" and "Pole-to-pole" series.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 3 2008, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 3 2008, 10:20 PM)
Def Michael Palin.

He's a traveller like me, and I'd ask him about all the places he visited during his "around the World" and "Pole-to-pole" series.

Yep, Pole-To-Pole = great viewing. cool.gif

yes.gif I have to agree with you, I'd like to talk to any of them but probably MP more than any other.

Aw man! I have to pick just one?! laugh.gif

Okay, Terry Gilliam because he's also a director and it'd be fun to talk to him about his movies.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I am kinda happy with the results so far. Not one person I'd asked before this ever said they would love to interview Michael Palin. He is the ONE that I would love to question and yes about his journeys as he was a semester shy of History major.

Awesome! laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 3 2008, 10:31 PM)
rickyrob now I'm curious about your own travelling... Where ya been?

What I mean is I like to travel...anywhere, but if you are asking which countries I've been to, here goes..

Scotland

Wales

laugh.gif

France

Belgium

Holland

Germany

Switzerland

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Canary Islands (Tenerife, Fuerteventura & Lanzarote)

Rhodes (Greek Island)

Canada

USA

Kenya

Russia

Uzbekistan

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 3 2008, 04:54 PM)

What I mean is I like to travel...anywhere, but if you are asking which countries I've been to, here goes..

Scotland

Wales

laugh.gif

France

Belgium

Holland

Germany

Switzerland

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Rhodes (Greek Island)

Canada

USA

Kenya

Russia

Uzbekistan

smile.gif Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice rr. I wish I had the means to travel more. I like the pressure to get moving in "Around the World in 80 Days" that was kick ass. I want to see the new one, Himalaya. trink39.gif trink36.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 3 2008, 04:20 PM)
Def Michael Palin.

That's what I was thinking, actually.

John or Terry G. would be close in second place for my pick, though.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 3 2008, 04:42 PM)
Aw man! I have to pick just one?! laugh.gif

Okay, Terry Gilliam because he's also a director and it'd be fun to talk to him about his movies.

I'd have written my own post except JA said it perfectly. Ditto!!! ^^^^^^^^^^

it might seem obvious but I would love to talk to Cleese. Not just because of Python though. Fawlty Towers is one of my favorite shows so I really respect him as a writer and performer. He also "gets" the humor that happens because of our differences. His "American" jokes on Towers are amazing. The loudmouthed guy from Waldorf Salad epi is amazing.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 4 2008, 09:15 PM)
it might seem obvious but I would love to talk to Cleese. Not just because of Python though. Fawlty Towers is one of my favorite shows so I really respect him as a writer and performer. He also "gets" the humor that happens because of our differences. His "American" jokes on Towers are amazing. The loudmouthed guy from Waldorf Salad epi is amazing.

"Well may I suggest that you introduce such a scheme as to be able to reserve the telly for this televiusual feast?" (paraphrasing two different scenes)

"Oh this is TEPID! TEPID!"

Good God thats a funny episode.....

In that sense I would love to meet Cleese. I said Gilliam because while Ive seen Cleese interviewed a million times, Ive never seen a long interview with Gilliam. And having done SO many interesting movies, Id love to chat with him.

But if they were lined up and I had to run over and talk to just one of them, John would probably be the one smile.gif

"Right! I shall visit you in the small hours and stick a bat up your nightdress!"

QUOTE (Lady April @ Feb 3 2008, 10:58 PM)

Scotland

Wales

laugh.gif

France

Belgium

Holland

Germany

Switzerland

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Rhodes (Greek Island)

Canada

USA

Kenya

Russia

Uzbekistan

smile.gif Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice rr. I wish I had the means to travel more. I like the pressure to get moving in "Around the World in 80 Days" that was kick ass. I want to see the new one, Himalaya. trink39.gif trink36.gif

Nice, I would love to visit a lot of those places on there... I've been to France like 4 times now. Love that place even if that's not a popular opinion with the British in general. laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 5 2008, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Feb 3 2008, 10:58 PM)

Scotland

Wales

laugh.gif

France

Belgium

Holland

Germany

Switzerland

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Rhodes (Greek Island)

Canada

USA

Kenya

Russia

Uzbekistan

Nice, I would love to visit a lot of those places on there... I've been to France like 4 times now. Love that place even if that's not a popular opinion with the British in general. laugh.gif

Yeah.

I'm really interested in unusual countries, like Iceland, Norway, and Finland.

I went skiing in France, near to the Italian border. I drove to Italy through France, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland, but I've also been separately to Germany and France.

I went to Canada 3 times to visit family I have there. USA was Florida in 2002.

Kenya was a safari holiday. I would have liked to have gone back there, but with the problems they are having, Tanzania is a better safari option.

Russia and Uzbekistan was to visit my wife, who has now been here over 2 years heart.gif

I would like to go to Oz and New Zealand also.

sad.gif Nobody likes dear T. Jones? Hell he is my second choice! yes.gif