Spongebob Squarepants

GhostGirl

Yes, I admit it. I'm a mom, I'm 35, and I love Spongebob. biggrin.gif

Lerxt1990 got me thinking about this show and how funny it really is. So here are a couple of my favorite Spongebob quotes - which will only be funny if you watch the show. rofl3.gif

Patrick: "Are you Squidward?"

Fire Hydrant: " "

Patrick: "That's ok, take your time."

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Plankton: I will rule the world!!!! (maniacal laugh)

Spongebob: Well, good luck with that. (bebops on his way down the street)

z7shysterical.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick: You have it set to M for mini when it should be set to W for wambo.

SpongeBob: Wambo? I don't think that's a real word, Patrick...

Patrick: Of course it is, you know...I wambo, you wambo, he, she, me, wambo. Wambology, the study of wama. It's first grade, SpongeBob!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 16 2008, 06:45 PM)
Patrick: You have it set to M for mini when it should be set to W for wambo.

SpongeBob: Wambo? I don't think that's a real word, Patrick...

Patrick: Of course it is, you know...I wambo, you wambo, he, she, me, wambo. Wambology, the study of wama. It's first grade, SpongeBob!

i love that!!! z7shysterical.gif

It's my daughters favorite show, easily. She goes through phases of other stuff but always comes back to Spongebob. I loved it before I saw every episode one hundred times. laugh.gif

One of my favorite episodes is when Spongebob finds that giant powdered wig and wears it everywhere. Mr. Krabs says "Spongebob, it makes you look like a girl" then Spongebob bats his eyelashes and says "Am I a pretty girl?". The faces he makes are so good. biggrin.gif

Spongebob: (while delivering pizza w/Squidward)

Krusty Krrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbb pizza is the pizza, yeah-ah-ah, for you and [long, high pitch] MEEEEEEEEE!

rofl3.gif

Kerry is sitting here singing it right now. applaudit.gif

My favorite episode is when SpongeBob brings home the jellyfish to play with and his house gets invaded by jellyfish rocking out!

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/cheycam/spongebob.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 17 2008, 10:50 AM)
DAMN! Awful show!! I think the only reason people over 12 claim to like it is it's cool to do so. Gimme retro-Hanna-Barbera stuff anyday.

You caught me. blush4.gif I'd do ANYTHING to be considered cool.

rofl3.gif

I know funny when I see it. And this stuff is funny.

But whatever you think, of course. C'mon, man. I'm so far past "peer pressure."

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 17 2008, 11:50 AM)
DAMN! Awful show!! I think the only reason people over 12 claim to like it is it's cool to do so. Gimme retro-Hanna-Barbera stuff anyday.

Yeah, all the cool kids are talking about Spongebob these days. sarcasm.gif

The show (especially the early episodes) is really funny and pretty clever. Sort of like Pee Wee meets Ren & Stimpy, minus their respective creepiness and gross out factor. There's a lot of jokes aimed at adults too, like that episode "Sailor Mouth" for example. It's a good show.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 17 2008, 06:11 PM)

Seriously. Here in Britain especially with the Emo types it's very popular. No idea if they actually watch the show but they love the merchandise.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 17 2008, 11:22 AM)

Seriously. Here in Britain especially with the Emo types it's very popular. No idea if they actually watch the show but they love the merchandise.

Well, that's a different matter entirely. yes.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 17 2008, 01:22 PM)

What do you mean by emo types?

Anyways, watch the episode "Survival of the Idiots" and tell me it's not at least mildly amusing...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 17 2008, 06:28 PM)

Anyways, watch the episode "Survival of the Idiots" and tell me it's not at least mildly amusing...

You know what Emo is right? I guess they think it looks cool to wear almost completely black with bits of white and then wear a bright yellow Spongebob belt or handbag.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 17 2008, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 17 2008, 06:28 PM)

You know what Emo is right? I guess they think it looks cool to wear almost completely black with bits of white and then wear a bright yellow Spongebob belt or handbag.

Well yeah, but see, it didn't morph (or get bastardized) into a lifestyle or type of clothing until like... 2002.

It was actually a really good genre of music starting in the early 90's or so... here are some pictures of definitive emo bands:

Sunny Day Real Estate:

http://kymieamuse.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/sunnydayrealestate.jpg

The Appleseed Cast (their album Mare Vitalis is one of the best... ever):

http://www.newberryphotography.com/pp/images/20060129143019_appleseed_cast_jn.jpg

Mineral:

http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/images/artist/p/promise_ring/az_official/281x211.jpg

As you can see... they look nothing like this f*ckin "emo" gay:

http://www.nndb.com/people/197/000098900/gerard-way-1-sized.jpg