Zebra

Slacker

I've loved them since their first album.

Hmmm... I'm only 3 hours away...

(Who's Natch?)

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 8 2008, 10:33 PM)
I've loved them since their first album.

Hmmm... I'm only 3 hours away...

(Who's Natch?)

He's been a member here for awhile... I met him a long with a few TRF members at MSG in Sept when Rush played..

It'd be great if you can make smile.gif

Zebra? Wow! I saw them in Spokane when they were touring for their second album. Can't recall who they were opening for, though. They put on a great show.

I just about wore out their first album. Which reminds me, the stylus I ordered just showed up. Might have to put it to the test tomorrow, with its maiden voyage being that old Zebra album. yes.gif

The stylus is installed, and indeed, it's maiden voyage was aboard the Good Ship Zebra! I haven't heard "Tell me What You Want in at least ten years...it kicks ass!

On the lighter side, I'm hooking up the turntable, and my daughter says, "What's that?" I say, "A turntable." She says, "Is that like a recordplayer or something? Weird..."

laugh.gif

Onto "One more chance"!

You couldn't get anymore typical 80's cheese then there video for "Who's behind the door?" terrible just terrible 062802puke_prv.gif

Love the song though. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 9 2008, 10:50 PM)
The stylus is installed, and indeed, it's maiden voyage was aboard the Good Ship Zebra! I haven't heard "Tell me What You Want in at least ten years...it kicks ass!

Onto "One more chance"!

I hadn't heard them in awhile, either... not since my vinyl days. So I bought a "best of" CD a few years back.

Wow, that does bring back memories. The first time I saw them live was at Cincinnati Gardens with a friend I went to high school with. We drove his '64 Chevelle there from Fairborn, OH just outside of Dayton. Zebra was opening for someone and were running late, and showed up just as they were taking the stage. Security made us slow down at the front door, and told us, "It's just the opening band." I don't remember who was the headliner, but that tells you how much we were into Zebra.

I have Zebra boots up the butt. First tour and before.

Live at the Chance in Poughkeepsie in 87. Unreleased stuff

thought I was the only one that's heard of them. Opened for Loverboy, also

Great Gig. Rand Jackson on a 12 string. great laugh.gif

4 versions of "Whose behind the door"

E-mail me I got blanks.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 12 2008, 03:16 AM)
This is one band that totally passed me by. They never really made any impact in the UK though I don't think. Never even heard that tune before.

ph34r.gif

you kinda look like Randy Jackson cool.gif

Bitch!

trink38.gif

This is crazy!

I just had the first ZEBRA cd in my stereo tonight!

Classic!!

I love Randy Jackson! Great guitar player!

My buddy is good friends with him.

He got backstage during that Led Zep Covers Tour down in San Diego.

I was hoping for that ZEBRA dvd but it's been delayed!

Is it on the Zebra website to be sold finally?

Nice to see some ZEBRA love!

Nevermind! I just went to the Zebra site!

The dvd is for sale!!

ROCK ON!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 12 2008, 03:31 AM)
This is crazy!

I just had the first ZEBRA cd in my stereo tonight!

Classic!!

I love Randy Jackson! Great guitar player!

My buddy is good friends with him.

He got backstage during that Led Zep Covers Tour down in San Diego.

I was hoping for that ZEBRA dvd but it's been delayed!

Is it on the Zebra website to be sold finally?

Nice to see some ZEBRA love!

Nevermind! I just went to the Zebra site!

The dvd is for sale!!

ROCK ON!

come see them Feb 15th!

Bob!!!!

If I lived in New York or even New Jersey (that's were my parents are from) I would be there in a HEARTBEAT!!!

FEBRUARY 15th IS MY 40TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!

What a great way to spend it!!!!

I wish dude!!

Iron Maiden is playing in Japan on the 15th too!! LOL!!

Actually Iron Maiden is playing in Los Angeles on the 19th!

I already booked my flight!

I would love to see ZEBRA with you!

DAMN!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 12 2008, 04:28 AM)
Bob!!!!

If I lived in New York or even New Jersey (that's were my parents are from) I would be there in a HEARTBEAT!!!

FEBRUARY 15th IS MY 40TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!

What a great way to spend it!!!!

I wish dude!!

Iron Maiden is playing in Japan on the 15th too!! LOL!!

Actually Iron Maiden is playing in Los Angeles on the 19th!

I already booked my flight!

I would love to see ZEBRA with you!

DAMN!

Iron Maiden for you and Zebra for me.. My birthday is the 11th,

so i guess we both are seeing shows for our b/days!

good shite, man!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Jan 12 2008, 03:22 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 12 2008, 03:16 AM)
This is one band that totally passed me by. They never really made any impact in the UK though I don't think. Never even heard that tune before.

ph34r.gif

you kinda look like Randy Jackson cool.gif

Bitch!

trink38.gif

ohmy.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

trink39.gif

cool10.gif

Got side 2 on right now. "When You Get There" reminds me of "Loverboy", musically. Not the best track on the album by a long stretch.

"Take Your Finger From My Hair" is a much stronger composition. It opens with vocal melodies that remind me of Simon & Garfunkel, and the lyrics are stronger than some of the other tracks. Musically, this song has good range, and reflects a more proggish style. You can here the influence of bands like RUSH, Yes, Styx. Some great tome on the guitar solo, and the bass and percussion parts are worthy of attention.

"Don't Walk Away" is a track that has a hippy-ish feel lyrically and vocally, kind of like Brad Delp's Boston work. The solo reminds of something Tom Scholz would put together as well, although less sonically developed.

The closer, "The LaLa Song", is one I always looked forward to. Hearing that bass line, I now remember why - you can really hear the RUSH influence. Zeppelin comes through as well, in the keyboards, vocals and the slower breaks. Near the end, there's a riff that sounds like something Maiden might do, and then a cool transition into a very RUSH-like tocatta piece.

I was turned on to Zebra by a friend of mine is High School. He gave me cassette tape, and said "you have to listen to these guys". Been hooked ever since.

I'll be at the show with my 13 yr old son.

They're doing a Zebra set at 8pm (most likely 9 after an opening act). Then they're going to do a Led Zep set at 12 Midnight.

Looks like it'll be a late night!!

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Jan 12 2008, 02:44 AM)
"Bears"
is a great song, also "Wait til the summers gone"
Take your fingers from my hair. Tell me what you want, Lullaby
Felix on the Keys

Those are all great tunes.

What a great show! They played all their hits. Then, at midnight, they came back on stage and played a huge Led Zep set. The show ended at like 2 in the morning. I met Slack-a-Bob on the line to the men's room! laugh.gif He couldn't believe I recognized him. It was pretty hysterical. What a great night. I had seats right against the stage. Got guitar picks, shirts, autographs, and pictures with the band. My 13 year old son, and my 15 year old nephew came to the show with me, and had a blast. My nephew had never heard of them before. Now he has, and he's asked me to put all their music on his ipod. Man, what a great time. I'll post pics when I get a chance to upload.

Archived