Coheed & Cambria

The Dali

The Rush/Geddy Lee connection was much more obvious on Coheed's first 2 albums (SSTB and IKS), where his voice was very reminiscent of a cross between early 80's Geddy Lee and Michael Jackson, but by their 3rd album he developed his voice into its current sound. I agree completely that he no longer sounds a thing like Geddy Lee, and the whole connection to Rush is pretty farfetched. The main reason they are so heavily compared is that C&C have a song called 21:13, but even that sounds NOTHING like Rush.

This band is incredible. The Afterman albums might just be my favorite thing this band has done, even topping IKS which I never thought would happen.

• Like 1

Number City is the tits!

Yeah, Descension is shaping up to be even better than Ascension. Number City is a pretty unique song, and catchy as hell! Dark Side of Me is probably the one that's blown me away the most so far, both the remix and studio versions.

• Like 1

I can't get into them either. Their vocals seem way to poppy to me. Like some annoying metalcore. Say what you want about them sounding similar to Geddy. I don't hear it at all.

Coheed has poppy vocals / songs, but they do it right like ELO for example.. Can't say the same for Rush however...

Roll the Bones.. The Wreckers.. http://cdn.zocialized.com/images/emoticons/puke.gif

Edited by Mr. IsNot

The Rush/Geddy Lee connection was much more obvious on Coheed's first 2 albums (SSTB and IKS), where his voice was very reminiscent of a cross between early 80's Geddy Lee and Michael Jackson, but by their 3rd album he developed his voice into its current sound. I agree completely that he no longer sounds a thing like Geddy Lee, and the whole connection to Rush is pretty farfetched. The main reason they are so heavily compared is that C&C have a song called 21:13, but even that sounds NOTHING like Rush.

This band is incredible. The Afterman albums might just be my favorite thing this band has done, even topping IKS which I never thought would happen.

There are a lot of Coheed Haters on here! It doesn't matter! Fukk, I'm 44 and I love this band! THEY RULE! Even my buddy Duck hates them and we usually see eye to eye on everything musically!!!

I told Claudio right to his face during a signing that I figured to be his "oldest fan." He laughed." Told me that he also loved Rush!

Anyway COHEED RULES!!

Can't wait to see them next month!!

"Black Rainbow" was a let down but then "The Afterman" hit the market.

EPIC EPICNESS!!!!!!

I'm a grown man yet whenever I hear or see "The Afterman song or video I tear up.

What the hell?

Midlife Crisis??????

CLAUDIO KICKS ASS!

There are a lot of Coheed Haters on here! It doesn't matter! Fukk, I'm 44 and I love this band! THEY RULE! Even my buddy Duck hates them and we usually see eye to eye on everything musically!!!

I told Claudio right to his face during a signing that I figured to be his "oldest fan." He laughed." Told me that he also loved Rush!

Anyway COHEED RULES!!

EPIC EPICNESS!!!!!!

I'm a grown man yet whenever I hear or see "The Afterman song or video I tear up.

What the hell?

Midlife Crisis??????

CLAUDIO KICKS ASS!

Cockseed and Chlamydia!

Looking forward to the new album, or the second half of last years album.... Lol

Loved Ascention... But it was a bit short and felt incomplete.... Though I think that listening to both albums back to back is gonna be mandatory for these records

Anyway COHEED RULES!!

EPIC EPICNESS!!!!!!

What the hell?

Midlife Crisis??????

CLAUDIO KICKS ASS!

Cockseed and Chlamydia!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Part II came out today! Best Buy has the limited edition with a 64 page comic book!!

So far so good!

Not even through the whole album yet and I am hooked!

This band fuckking rules!

I can't wait see their sold out show at the Warfield in 16 days!

Yes!!!! They Rule!!!!

I flew to LA with my woman and caught the last two nights of the Neverender Tour!!!

Epic!

Met Claudio at a comic book store on Wilshire.

He signed my sealed Kill Audio figure! Get it Claudio. Kill Audio! Lol

Anyway I asked him if he liked Rush and Claudio smiled at me and said hell yeah!

I then told him that I was probably his oldest fan!

I think I was 40 then. He laughed!

Some people think this band is EMO POP PROG.

I think this band is the next RUSH.

Claudio Rules!!

I wish he would play his white double neck more!!!

Same with Alex!!!

Cheers!

Lucky! Hopefully they come back around here soon, hopefully to Milwaukee. I really want to see them. I can imagine that they are incredible to experience live.

You will love them dude! They were great opening for Maiden too! What a great double bill!

Finally had a good enough drive to-and-from work today to listen to the album... I like it, mostly.... these are my initial impressions.

The only track I did not care for was "Number City", not terrible, but the weakest track on the album.. The softer tracks ("Away We Go" and "Iron Fist") were okay... but they have much better "softer songs" (Wake Up, and Pearl of the Stars to name two). The rest of the album was fantastic though, I thought.. and a good 2nd half and continuation of the first half of the album that came out last year.... Again, these are first impressions, after one listen. I still need to hear "Ascension and Descension" back to back and see how well they play off each other but I liked this album very much, not as much as I liked "Ascension", but still far and away better than YotBR, and NWFT.

On the production side of things, I did notice that Descension did sound a bit muddy, something I didn't notice on Ascension... Not too bothersome, but noticeable.

On a side note, Can anyone give me a synopsis of the story behind C&C's albums...or provide a good link that tells the stories of these albums? I've tried going through the lyrics and find the story kind of hard to follow.. (thought admittedly have not tried all that hard.

I'm all over Youtube tonight watching some Coheed videos and listening to some songs. Someone on there actually said and I quote "Some of the most beautiful moments remind me of Geddy Lee."

I can't wait for Coheed And Cambria tomorrow night!!!!!! The Warfield San Francisco!

I can't believe the boys aren't playing "Away We Go." What a melodic hit!!

This f***ing band rules! It blows my mind that Duck hates them so much! Then again my friend is not alone. Many humans hate Coheed And Cambria.

This band is in my Top 10!

I remember listening to the second Coheed album while driving down to Los Angeles to catch the R30 show at the Hollywood Bowl.

I was hooked on them ever since!

There is a MAJOR fuckking Rush vibe in Coheed. It doesn't matter if many Rush fans don't get it. I get it and I've been around the Rush Block.

It is what it is. Claudio told me right from his lips that he LOVES RUSH!!!

"Welcome Home" Claudio!

HE RULES!

Sorry Pat! COHEED IS NOT EMO! THEY ARE MELODIC PROG ROCK THAT RULES!!!

UP UP AND "AWAY WE GO" DUCKY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dUy-gnEApw

I just bought Neverender on a whim after only hearing a few of these guy's songs. HOLY SHIT! C&C RULES!

I'm so sad that I have to miss their Chicago date on Saturday because of my crappy job.

Holy FUKK!

I actually flew to Los Angeles with my wife to catch the last two albums live over two nights!

Seeing Coheed And Cambria in Hollywood fukking ruled. We stayed at the Roosevelt.

EPIC TIME!

CLAUDIO RULES! SO DOES THE REST OF THE BAND!!

COHEED TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE WARFIELD!! FUKK YES!

C & C HATERS HAVE NO CLUE!! BRAINWASHED ZOMBIES WITH THE FLU!

They'll be just up the road next Friday!!! Can't wait.

Austin?

I'll be at the Show at Stubbs... Great venue, I've seen Opeth and Zappa plays Zappa there.

Edited by The Owl