Fast Times At Ridgemont High

TheRocinanteKid

Give it up for one of the greatest movies ever!!! I normally hate those teen movies and stuff but one of the original retro ones beats 'em all. Anyone else really love this film?

I love the song Sammy Hagar did for the soundtrack too.

"Friday night I'll be checking it out from the back of my van"

cool.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Dec 19 2007, 04:50 PM)
Give it up for one of the greatest movies ever!!! I normally hate those teen movies and stuff but one of the original retro ones beats 'em all. Anyone else really love this film?

I love the song Sammy Hagar did for the soundtrack too.

"Friday night I'll be checking it out from the back of my van"

cool.gif

Great movie. Nostalgic for many of us as well!

This is one of my all time favorite comedies.

"Make up your mind, is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?"

"First he's gonna shit, then he's gonna kill us!"

"Don't worry, my dad's got the ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!"

"Well, Mr. Hand, the way I see it, since I'm here, and you're here, that makes it our time...."

It definitely defines the early 80's and that includes the boat shoes, the Pat Benatar clones, and shopping mall rats. I'm assuming that filming began in 1981 because it's pre-MTV or during the first year it was on the air.

Trends changed between the time of this movie's release and those with Molly Ringwald and the so-called brat pack - some of which I like. This was the MTV era where fashions were based on what musicians and rock stars were wearing in their videos.

I read somewhere that Rush began their "New World Tour 82-83" (The Signals album) the same day that "Fast Times..." premiered in U.S. theaters - September 1982.

Brad: "Why don't you get a job Spicoli?"

Spicoli: "Get a job? what for?"

Brad: "You need money."

Spicoli: "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine."

Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!

Jeff Spicoli: Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!

Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna shit!

Jeff Spicoli: Make up your mind, dude, is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?

Jefferson's Brother: First he's gonna shit, then he's gonna kill us!

Jeff Spicoli: Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 19 2007, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 19 2007, 06:05 PM)
I like it when Phoebe Cates walks in on Judge Reinhold masturbating in the toilet. That was hilarious. laugh.gif

I much prefer the part that took place 10 seconds before she walked in. wink.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 19 2007, 08:57 PM)
Another funny part I liked when Spicoli ordered a pizza for class. laugh.gif

Here, I dug up some qoutes.

Mr. Hand: Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?

Jeff Spicoli: Learning about Cuba, and having some food.

laugh.gif

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/quotes

Mr. Hand: Where is Jeff Spicoli? I saw him earlier today, near the first floor bathrooms, is he still on campus? Anyone?

[Desmond raises hand]

Mr. Hand: Yes, Desmond?

Desmond: I saw him outside, near the food machines.

Mr. Hand: How long ago?

Desmond: Right before class.

Mr. Hand: All right. Bring him in.

[Desmond exits]

Mr. Hand: What is this fascination with truancy? What is it that gets inside of your heads? There are some teachers at this school who look the other way at truants. It's a little game you both play. They pretend they don't see you, and you pretend you don't ditch! Now, in the end, who pays the price? YOU!

[Desmond re-enters; Spicoli follows him. He has a bagel stuffed into crotch; with open shirt, barefoot, holding Vans]

Jeff Spicoli: [Desmond re-enters; Spicoli follows with bagel stuffed into crotch; with open shirt, barefoot, holding Vans] Wait a minute, there's no birthday party for me here! Hello, Mr. Hand.

Mr. Hand: What's the reason for your truancy?

Jeff Spicoli: Just couldn't make it on time.

Mr. Hand: You couldn't, or you wouldn't?

Jeff Spicoli: See, there was a full crowd at the food lines.

Mr. Hand: Food will be eaten on YOUR time. Why are you continuously late for this class, Mr. Spicoli? Why do you shamelessly waste my time like this?

Jeff Spicoli: [long pause, but then with complete truth in his answer] I don't know.

Mr. Hand: [Mr. Hand goes to blackboard and writes the words 'I Don't Know', then underlines them]

[reciting]

Mr. Hand: I like that. 'I Don't Know.' That's nice.

[imitating]

Mr. Hand: 'Mr. Hand, will I pass this class?' Gee, Mr. Spicoli, I don't know! You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to leave your words right up here for all my classes to enjoy, giving you full credit of course, Mr. Spicoli.

Jeff Spicoli: All right!

I remember when Ray Walston, the actor who played Mr. Hand did a commercial on MTV advertising the movie

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 19 2007, 09:59 PM)
I remember when Ray Walston, the actor who played Mr. Hand did a commercial on MTV advertising the movie

I dont remember that! Cool...

Remember the commercials.. I Want my MTV!!! I specifically remember Pete Townshend doing one of those..

WOW - found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q32EOe9o2_E

Brad: I hope you had a hell of a piss, Arnold!

-----

Damone: I come for the struedel; it's great.

------

Ratner: I always stick up for you. When people say, 'Oh that Damone, he's a loudmouth' - and they say that a lot! - I say, 'Hey, you just don't know Damone.'

------

All the Damone bits, especially with Ratner, are funny.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 19 2007, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 19 2007, 09:59 PM)

I dont remember that! Cool...

Remember the commercials.. I Want my MTV!!! I specifically remember Pete Townshend doing one of those..

WOW - found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q32EOe9o2_E

Yeah, I think he was wearing a mortarboard and was saying something along the lines of "students yearning for knowledge when the leaves turn to gold...." or something like that.