Question about Star Wars

lerxt1990

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 5 2010, 12:02 PM)

My heartfelt thanks to GG for her comments in this thread and to Mandolorian Hunter who brought this incident to my attention. I apologize to all involved for not catching this sooner.

Do your job right bitch ! angry.gif

tongue.gif wink.gif

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 5 2010, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 5 2010, 12:02 PM)

My heartfelt thanks to GG for her comments in this thread and to Mandolorian Hunter who brought this incident to my attention. I apologize to all involved for not catching this sooner.

Do your job right bitch ! angry.gif

tongue.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 5 2010, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 5 2010, 11:08 AM)
Oh, and Presto-D, can we please refrain from comparing anyone to a child murdering serial killer in the future?

I can't believe I even have to ask that of you, but there we are.

Well consider the source of the irritation for once. It's always the one who slaps back, huh?

biggrin.gif

Maybe he should just ignore me as well, no? C'mon. It was said to make a point and the point is it's alright to troll and slap and dodge and weave...until someone does it back. So you can be a total jerk off jack ass....so long as you're not a jerk off jack ass back.

Got it. trink39.gif

Apparently the first two admins/mods didn't make it clear.

Comparing someone to a child murdering serial killer is leaps and bounds above trading barbs, trolling or slapping and dodging.

It's utterly despicable.

Why don't you quit while you're behind?

Yup. Got it. Said I got it. Not allowed to comment further? I had an issue with the guy and I'm expressing dissatisfaction with it with you all.

Dispicable is a reach though...you have to admit. Bad taste, yes.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 11:25 AM)
Oh, and Presto-D, can we please refrain from comparing anyone to a child murdering serial killer in the future?

Well consider the source of the irritation for once. It's always the one who slaps back, huh?

biggrin.gif

Maybe he should just ignore me as well, no? C'mon. It was said to make a point and the point is it's alright to troll and slap and dodge and weave...until someone does it back. So you can be a total jerk off jack ass....so long as you're not a jerk off jack ass back.

Got it. trink39.gif

Comparing someone to a child murdering serial killer is leaps and bounds above trading barbs, trolling or slapping and dodging.

It's utterly despicable.

Yup. Got it. Said I got it. Not allowed to comment further? I had an issue with the guy and I'm expressing dissatisfaction with it with you all.

Yeah, we noticed.

Look, I think we've all made our thoughts clear. Any further discussion along these lines should be taken to PM's. Let's just get back to discussing Star Wars, shall we?

Well consider the source of the irritation for once. It's always the one who slaps back, huh? As Mandy says....Necro's work here is done once again. Maybe you ought to listen to that. What's that saying???

biggrin.gif

Got it. trink39.gif

Back to being the good poster I am. We'll continue to have our threads ruined by some other jack ass other than myself. Cool.

No, as I said before, you were not receiving blame for what was going on. Necro was clearly wearing his SW troll hat and was having some fun at you SW fans' expense. It's not the first time he's done that ("It's what I do," he says. eyesre4.gif ).

My only point to you and Cocky was, maybe it's better to just ignore him? Don't feed the troll? All he wants is for you guys to react to him, so don't give him what he wants. But I guess it's hard to do that.

A troll is someone who stirs the shit just to get a rise out of people. Necro, you're not a troll, but you act like one sometimes. I know you do it just for fun, but it disrupts threads. Can't you just leave it alone? I know you'll come back with a shitload of laughing smileys now and say how much fun all this is.

"Oh, you guys are so easy to get worked up! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif "

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 5 2010, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 11:25 AM)

biggrin.gif

Got it. trink39.gif

It's utterly despicable.

Yeah, we noticed.

Look, I think we've all made our thoughts clear. Any further discussion along these lines should be taken to PM's. Let's just get back to discussing Star Wars, shall we?

Will do. Response to Ged was before I read this.

I love Star Wars...! biggrin.gif I don't own a Taun Taun toy or anything, but I loves me the films.

I used to collect comic books too. Still have #3 Amazing Spider-Man, if Power Puff is interested in an acquisition.

I think the origins of Vader's uniform are over-thought. I think it's ok that certain things simply be "cool" with no specific logic or discernable origin. Sometimes we try to make logical conclusions from preposterous notions to begin with....like lava planets and how realistically they probably couldn't even breathe (or not melt) that close to near such an active lava flow. wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 11:39 AM)
I think the origins of Vader's uniform are over-thought. I think it's ok that certain things simply be "cool" with no specific logic or discernable origin. Sometimes we try to make logical conclusions from preposterous notions to begin with....like lava planets and how realistically they probably couldn't even breathe (or not melt) that close to near such an active lava flow. wink.gif

It's called "artistic license" and it helps the story flow better. The whole idea of Star Wars is ludicrous from a scientific point of view from the distances they travel to the sounds in space to how a light saber could actually work. But who cares, the story is fun and the science behind it isn't important.

I have been having a great time reading this thread, so thank you to all contributors. trink39.gif

Ok, now to the point of my post. I have been reading the shark feeding frenzy against Presto Digitation. The guy made a post in poor taste, and he knows it. His body of work on this forum should soften the mistake as far as I'm concerned. He is a member who as best I can see, has never stirred up any shit in his time here ? We all make mistakes on the internet. We have all taken the bait before. We have all typed without thinking.

I know it was anger and annoyance speaking when he typed his post, and so does everyone here.

In my opinion its not that big an issue. (as I said, MY OPINION)

Lets face it, drama is entertaining and we all feed off it at times.

Cheers all ! trink39.gif

and lets face it, if Necro was going to kill anyone it would be in lipstick and lingerie, not clown makeup. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jan 5 2010, 11:48 AM)
I think the origins of Vader's uniform are over-thought.  I think it's ok that certain things simply be "cool" with no specific logic or discernable origin.  Sometimes we try to make logical conclusions from preposterous notions to begin with....like lava planets and how realistically they probably couldn't even breathe (or not melt) that close to near such an active lava flow.  wink.gif

It's called "artistic license" and it helps the story flow better. The whole idea of Star Wars is ludicrous from a scientific point of view from the distances they travel to the sounds in space to how a light saber could actually work. But who cares, the story is fun and the science behind it isn't important.

I agree entirely. The entire universe is one of suspended disbelief to begin with...

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 12:52 PM)
(delete) Ruh-roh

Errr....double post. Tick didn't say nuthin...! Nothing I tell you!! biggrin.gif

Please explain ? huh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 5 2010, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 12:52 PM)
(delete)  Ruh-roh

Errr....double post.  Tick didn't say nuthin...!  Nothing I tell you!!  biggrin.gif

Please explain ? huh.gif

Oh your post, for whatever reason, wasn't showing up. Is now.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 09:50 AM)
I think the origins of Vader's uniform are over-thought.  I think it's ok that certain things simply be "cool" with no specific logic or discernable origin.  Sometimes we try to make logical conclusions from preposterous notions to begin with....like lava planets and how realistically they probably couldn't even breathe (or not melt) that close to near such an active lava flow.  wink.gif

I agree entirely. The entire universe is one of suspended disbelief to begin with...

I also agree.

There are things in movies that do bother me, but in movies this good (the original trilogy), I get so engrossed in the spirit and fun of it that I really don't care that the science isn't logical or there's the occasional plot hole. Really, the only thing I didn't like in the whole first trilogy was the ewoks, and even those weren't THAT bad.

Sometimes you really do have to seriously suspend disbelief and enjoy something for what it is.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 5 2010, 11:50 AM)
I have been having a great time reading this thread, so thank you to all contributors. trink39.gif

Ok, now to the point of my post. I have been reading the shark feeding frenzy against Presto Digitation. The guy made a post in poor taste, and he knows it. His body of work on this forum should soften the mistake as far as I'm concerned. He is a member who as best I can see, has never stirred up any shit in his time here ? We all make mistakes on the internet. We have all taken the bait before. We have all typed without thinking.
I know it was anger and annoyance speaking when he typed his post, and so does everyone here.
In my opinion its not that big an issue. (as I said, MY OPINION)
Lets face it, drama is entertaining and we all feed off it at times.
Cheers all ! trink39.gif

and lets face it, if Necro was going to kill anyone it would be in lipstick and lingerie, not clown makeup. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Well yes, we've all done it. That doesn't make it all right, though! However, it does make it easier to understand why someone else does it and should lead in a better direction than a bashing contest. wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 5 2010, 12:11 PM)

I also agree.

There are things in movies that do bother me, but in movies this good (the original trilogy), I get so engrossed in the spirit and fun of it that I really don't care that the science isn't logical or there's the occasional plot hole. Really, the only thing I didn't like in the whole first trilogy was the ewoks, and even those weren't THAT bad.

Sometimes you really do have to seriously suspend disbelief and enjoy something for what it is.

No, I'm not an Ewok-basher either. I get the sentiment of it, even if the practicality seems stretched a bit taut sometimes...but that's also part of the suspension of disbelief. Maybe it would've made more sense with bigger and stronger Wookies, but I guess it's a David v. Goliath thing...as well as nature v. machine.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 10:15 AM)

I also agree.

No, I'm not an Ewok-basher either. I get the sentiment of it, even if the practicality seems stretched a bit taut sometimes...but that's also part of the suspension of disbelief. Maybe it would've made more sense with bigger and stronger Wookies, but I guess it's a David v. Goliath thing...as well as nature v. machine.

Yeah, I guess you could look it as goodness and innocence and a simple people helping to bring down an evil empire.

I'll tell you one thing though, the ending of Return of the Jedi was ENORMOUSLY improved by the new ending in the updated version of the movie. Gone is the really annoying Ewok song, and they replaced it with better music and showing celebrations taking place all over the galaxy, which far more accurately depicts the scope of the victory, not just some little primitive celebration on the moon that happened to house the force field for the Death Star.

You got that right, and it didn't matter to Lucas either:

Han Solo: "You've never heard of the Milennium Falcon? She's the fastest ship in the galaxy. Made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs."

I guess we're SUPPOSED to be impressed that the Falcon is fast by this statement.

The problem is that a parsec is a unit of distance, not speed.

Yeah, I'd say that the science is secondary. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 5 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 5 2010, 10:15 AM)

I also agree.

Yeah, I guess you could look it as goodness and innocence and a simple people helping to bring down an evil empire.

I'll tell you one thing though, the ending of Return of the Jedi was ENORMOUSLY improved by the new ending in the updated version of the movie. Gone is the really annoying Ewok song, and they replaced it with better music and showing celebrations taking place all over the galaxy, which far more accurately depicts the scope of the victory, not just some little primitive celebration on the moon that happened to house the force field for the Death Star.

Yeah, I've always liked this aspect of Jedi as well. Some of those SE changes are pretty suspect IMO, but at times they made good sense...and that was amongst the BEST of them. It always seemed really isolated that only the folks on Endor were appreciating this victory, so the trip through Coruscant, Naboo, etc. was really a plus in my book.

Weeesa FREEEEE!!!! biggrin.gif