GET WELL WISHES

chaotica

QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Nov 17 2007, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 17 2007, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 16 2007, 10:13 AM)
bekloppt.gif Checking in to see how you are feeling today  smile.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/TRF/getwellangeltrio.jpg

TY wink.gif

I had a rough day yesterday sad.gif But I got some sleep last night unsure.gif Looks to make sure Missy ain't around unsure.gif I couldn't take the No sleeping at night since Tuesday so I took the boot off at 2am. this morning and I slept till 9:15 am new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . I finally tried to shower & the Pain was Not worth it no.gif so sponge baths I think for a while yes.gif I still have to figure out how to drive my car confused13.gif Thanks for Well Wishes All !!

So happy to hear you're feeling better! hug2.gif It sures feels good to sleep without the boot, doesn't it? But may I suggest something to you? As soon as you can keep it on at night, do it. It will really help the recovery. Trust me, I've been there and I didn't even have the walking boot to start with, so it took longer for my bone to produce the callosity it needed and I only had a fracture. I just tought I'd share some of my hard-earned knowledge with you. smile.gif

Maybe if I could sleep with out blankets confused13.gif I am learning when to let a bit of air out of the boot & when to add it .I tried to sleep with it on last night & I am not doing so good with it . wacko.gif I am trying to leave it on . Maybe being a tummy sleeper don't help . confused13.gif

Missy I hear you too yes.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 18 2007, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Nov 17 2007, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 17 2007, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 16 2007, 10:13 AM)
bekloppt.gif Checking in to see how you are feeling today  smile.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/TRF/getwellangeltrio.jpg

TY wink.gif

I had a rough day yesterday sad.gif But I got some sleep last night unsure.gif Looks to make sure Missy ain't around unsure.gif I couldn't take the No sleeping at night since Tuesday so I took the boot off at 2am. this morning and I slept till 9:15 am new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . I finally tried to shower & the Pain was Not worth it no.gif so sponge baths I think for a while yes.gif I still have to figure out how to drive my car confused13.gif Thanks for Well Wishes All !!

So happy to hear you're feeling better! hug2.gif It sures feels good to sleep without the boot, doesn't it? But may I suggest something to you? As soon as you can keep it on at night, do it. It will really help the recovery. Trust me, I've been there and I didn't even have the walking boot to start with, so it took longer for my bone to produce the callosity it needed and I only had a fracture. I just tought I'd share some of my hard-earned knowledge with you. smile.gif

Maybe if I could sleep with out blankets confused13.gif I am learning when to let a bit of air out of the boot & when to add it .I tried to sleep with it on last night & I am not doing so good with it . wacko.gif I am trying to leave it on . Maybe being a tummy sleeper don't help . confused13.gif

Missy I hear you too yes.gif

I hear you, I had the same problem when I started wearing the boot but then I figured I could untuck the blankets to get more space to manoeuver and that helped. Sleeping on your tummy is a no-no, no matter what, very, very bad for your back, not to mention all your interior organs. Try sleeping on your back or your right side instead. Good luck! smile.gif

I have tried sleeping on my back but I end up rolling on my tummy I have even put a pillow there but I throw the pillow laugh.gif What did help was taking the duvet off my bed cause it is heavy now that helps yes.gif

1 thing I tried yesterday was driving my car to work no.gif no.gif no.gif Not working at all so Daughter is picking me up this morning yes.gif & Chaotica's hubby drove me & my car home last night .There is Not enough room between the gas peddle & brake for the boot wacko.gif so I guess no driving for me wacko.gif Extra work for my bosses but they are being so Sweet so I Thank them !!!!! yes.gif wub.gif

Well I don't think that will happen any time soon laugh.gif

I am loaning my car to my daughter while I am recuperating this will help her alot . I slept all afternoon to-day I just needed it I guess .1 weel ago to-day I broke it & it feels no better grrrrrr I don't like being down where I can't do the things i want wacko.gif Well I guess it is back to the couch for me it hurts . I do miss everyone in here !!

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 20 2007, 08:28 PM)
Well I don't think that will happen any time soon  laugh.gif

I am loaning my car to my daughter while I am recuperating this will help her alot . I slept all afternoon to-day I just needed it I guess .1 weel ago to-day I broke it & it feels no better grrrrrr I don't like being down where I can't do the things i want  wacko.gif Well I guess it is back to the couch for me it hurts . I do miss everyone in here !!

We Miss You Too blonde rose.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 20 2007, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 20 2007, 08:28 PM)
Well I don't think that will happen any time soon  laugh.gif

I am loaning my car to my daughter while I am recuperating this will help her alot . I slept all afternoon to-day I just needed it I guess .1 weel ago to-day I broke it & it feels no better grrrrrr I don't like being down where I can't do the things i want  wacko.gif Well I guess it is back to the couch for me it hurts . I do miss everyone in here !!

We Miss You Too blonde rose.gif hug2.gif

hug2.gif hug2.gif

which foot is it blonde?

i've had both my feet in casts at separate times...

driving with my left foot while my right foot was in a cast was a challenge, but could be done!

sounds like you've got the situation under control tho...

there are so many bones in your foot! breaking that metatarsal bone has got to be painful... especially if your feet are everted, and you tend to stand and walk on the outside of your foot.

continuing to send some postive vibes & energy to you for a speedy recovery

heart.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 21 2007, 11:59 AM)
which foot is it blonde?

i've had both my feet in casts at separate times...

driving with my left foot while my right foot was in a cast was a challenge, but could be done!
sounds like you've got the situation under control tho...

there are so many bones in your foot! breaking that metatarsal bone has got to be painful... especially if your feet are everted, and you tend to stand and walk on the outside of your foot.

continuing to send some postive vibes & energy to you for a speedy recovery
heart.gif

The right foot yes.gif Driving foot But I know I can't drive I tried wacko.gif and to be safe and not put anyone else in danger I loaned my car to my daughter for a few weeks , No temptation this way smile.gif I keep saying to myself I will Survive this one too !! yes.gif 2008 Will be a Better Year yes.gif It better be laugh.gif

Hey 77, sorry a little late in this, I know that foot pain thing, I have a titanium foot yes.gif and nothing sucks more in this world than not being mobile. I hope you are able to get around. I just remember 92' and 93', When my crutches finally irritated the shit out of my armpits I had to crawl everywhere. Then my knees got soo bruised from crawling it was too painful. So I was laying in a bed completely immobile.

I pray that you do not ever have to be in this situation.

just a thought ... no one can ever really appreciate the privilage of physical mobility until they are completely unable to move at will. We are very fortunate creatures and spoiled.

I hope that you heal quickly ma'am wub.gif wub.gif lots of love to you bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

Thanks April wink.gif I worked on Thursday & think I did way too much yes.gif & felt it yesterday at work for Chaotica & slept in this morning after my daughterinlaw brought me a good pain pill last night along with cool10.gif & I missed a phone call to go to work this morning I sorry but I think the pill & cool10.gif just knocked me on my butt and what do they say you don't sleep unless you need it & man did I sleep yes.gif .me thinks I learned my lesson yes.gif Don't over do it !

On the funny side I think I spranded my Thumb yes.gif Everyone is now saying they think alot of this has to do with the Chemo & that I had has effected my body so injury is easier confused13.gif All I can say Enough is Enough now leave me alone !!

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 24 2007, 11:25 AM)
Thanks April  wink.gif I worked on Thursday & think I did way too much  yes.gif & felt it yesterday at work for Chaotica & slept in this morning after my daughterinlaw brought me a good pain pill last night along with  cool10.gif & I missed a phone call to go to work this morning I sorry but I think the pill &  cool10.gif just knocked me on my butt and what do they say you don't sleep unless you need it & man did I sleep  yes.gif .me thinks I learned my lesson  yes.gif Don't over do it !

On the funny side I think I spranded my Thumb  yes.gif Everyone is now saying they think alot of this has to do with the Chemo & that I had has effected my body so injury is easier  confused13.gif All I can say Enough is Enough now leave me alone !!

Chemo does some weird things to the body

including making you more prone to bone injuries. yes.gif

I am sorry to hear that you have now injured your thumb.

I hope it isn't the hand that you need to cool10.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Nov 24 2007, 11:30 AM)
Thanks April  wink.gif I worked on Thursday & think I did way too much  yes.gif & felt it yesterday at work for Chaotica & slept in this morning after my daughterinlaw brought me a good pain pill last night along with  cool10.gif & I missed a phone call to go to work this morning I sorry but I think the pill &  cool10.gif just knocked me on my butt and what do they say you don't sleep unless you need it & man did I sleep  yes.gif .me thinks I learned my lesson  yes.gif Don't over do it !

On the funny side I think I spranded my Thumb  yes.gif Everyone is now saying they think alot of this has to do with the Chemo & that I had has effected my body so injury is easier  confused13.gif All I can say Enough is Enough now leave me alone !!

wink.gif

That will never stop this http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/blonde77th2/rolljnt-1.gif laugh.gif they just might be funny looking rofl3.gif but still enjoyable laugh.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 24 2007, 10:39 AM)

wink.gif

That will never stop this http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/blonde77th2/rolljnt-1.gif laugh.gif they just might be funny looking rofl3.gif but still enjoyable laugh.gif

laugh.gif blonde, you always make me laugh laugh.gif

Always thinking of you!

I hope your finger is okay sad.gif

Be well and keep making those funny looking ones....I bet they are good tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Nov 24 2007, 03:53 PM)

wink.gif

Always thinking of you!

Be well and keep making those funny looking ones....I bet they are good tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

hug2.gif

laugh.gif Oh they are laugh.gif

My Daughter stopped in for a hour to say hi man that was nice ! biggrin.gif Her & my Grandaughter are coming back on Wed. night to wash my floors & Vaccum cause Chaotica says if I even try to do it my Butt is hers laugh.gif & No way is that picture going down rofl3.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 24 2007, 08:40 PM)

wink.gif

Always thinking of you!

hug2.gif

My Daughter stopped in for a hour to say hi man that was nice ! biggrin.gif Her & my Grandaughter are coming back on Wed. night to wash my floors & Vaccum cause Chaotica says if I even try to do it my Butt is hers laugh.gif & No way is that picture going down rofl3.gif

It's great to see you in such a good mood, despite the setbacks. Please take it easy, don't overdo it, by all means, there's no need to always be on the go. Give yourself some time to heal, give your body some time to heal. We are sometimes so hard on ourselves, we easily forget how fragile we are! blush4.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Nov 24 2007, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Nov 24 2007, 08:40 PM)

wink.gif

Always thinking of you!

hug2.gif

It's great to see you in such a good mood, despite the setbacks. Please take it easy, don't overdo it, by all means, there's no need to always be on the go. Give yourself some time to heal, give your body some time to heal. We are sometimes so hard on ourselves that we easily forget how fragile we are! blush4.gif hug2.gif

So true Frankie & I think thats what I did yes.gif & as my Daughter says it's been 1 week and now the rest of me is hurting is also a result from that fall yes.gif

Hi Blonde I am just checking in to see how you are and I noticed that you have injured your thumb now, boy you ARE in the wars. I hope that you are not too down about things and I am sending some positive energy and vibes. trink39.gif rose.gif

ohmy.gif

Late to this thread... man! I do hope you're healing up well!

rose.gif rose.gif

Archived