NHL and NHLPA

neilpeart_gal

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 16 2005, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Feb 16 2005, 01:21 PM)
Oh and Bettman's speech = blah blah blah blah

I was listening to some of on the radio. Both sides are to blame but he kept blaming the players union.

That's because he fails to see any fault in his actions...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

laugh.gif That'd be a good start, eh???

Honestly I think they hired him to get this salary cap in place & nothing else. He did it in the NBA, I think they saw that and jumped. Let Bettman be the bad guy publicly but he's enacting what the owners probably just didn't have the guts to say they needed or wanted YEARS ago.

He's a hired gun. He'll destroy hockey and move on to something else.

Um so apparently, the Predators are going to keep what is left of my season ticket money and call me and thank me for my support.

Shouldn't they be calling me and asking me if I'd like a refund? You can bloody well guarantee that's what I'm asking for!

Well it won't be a problem getting the money back, I'm sure. I just think they should be taking the stand that people are GOING to want their money back instead of the other way around. If I felt I could afford the ticket next year, I'd probably just tell them to keep it. So its more an economic issue for me than anything else.

Except the way they're doing it is probably the smarter business move, so I'm not too surprised.

Its not over til the fat lady sings. Still hope Puckheads yes.gif

The season could still be saved as there is negotiations planned for Saturday and as posted on Wednesday the owners are willing to go as high as 45 million on the cap. Bettman and Goodenows egos got in the way of a return phonecall on Wednesday thus leading to Bettman cancelling the season. Look for this offer to go to a ratification vote and hopefully we will see some hockey. 1287.gif

Archived