Rolling Stone boycott

Lady April

Here is a link with Rush listed as being eligable as of 1998 with a slim chance of ever getting it. Man, I give up! eyesre4.gif

http://www.futurerockhall.com/artists.php?range=M-R

I don't buy it anyways, but boycotting the magazine won't do shit.

He doesn't cater to the people that would consider boycotting it. He caters to the people that buy and listen to all the crap that he covers in his magazine, and they don't care about Rush or The Dave Clark Five. They care more about everything mainstream that's out there now, so they will keep buying the magazine, and keep the money train rolling for him.

The only way boycotting will work is if someone can convince all of the Rap, R&B and Emo/pop punk fans out there to stop buying it because Rush are ignored.

Good luck with that one....

I don't buy it ....it's bad enough I work in corporate america...I am not supporting it anymore than I have to

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 1 2007, 07:21 PM)
I want to know what kind of business Fox News thinks it has writing about music.

Fox covers a variety of news and sports.

Very well I might add.

They have educated and intelligent reporters and researchers, who do a fine job and bring us straight-up news. Without the kool-aid drinkers' spin.

QUOTE (krlowe @ Oct 1 2007, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 1 2007, 06:21 PM)
I want to know what kind of business Fox News thinks it has writing about music.

heh goodpost.gif

Did either of you actually read the entire article?

Don't drink the kool aid.

I'm already a non-subscriber but if I could not subscribe some more I think I could put a hurtin' on 'em.

BTW Spindrift, that pic in your signature is spellbinding. Every time I scroll through a thread I'm sidetracked momentarily by that woman's headlights.

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Oct 1 2007, 09:45 PM)
I'm already a non-subscriber but if I could not subscribe some more I think I could put a hurtin' on 'em.

BTW Spindrift, that pic in your signature is spellbinding. Every time I scroll through a thread I'm sidetracked momentarily by that woman's headlights.

unsure.gif Me too laugh.gif trink36.gif

Lets see who can come up with the best Rolling Stone insult.

Lets see I went with the Rolling Stone makes good toilet paper joke.

Common what have you got. When we reach about 3 pages I'll link this thread over to Rolling Stone.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 2 2007, 05:10 AM)
Lets see who can come up with the best Rolling Stone insult.

Lets see I went with the Rolling Stone makes good toilet paper joke.

Common what have you got. When we reach about 3 pages I'll link this thread over to Rolling Stone.

You guys at RS are just plain stupid and have no taste

QUOTE (Lerxst2112 @ Oct 1 2007, 11:45 PM)
What pisses me off more than Rush not in is that it took til 2006 to get Miles Davis inducted. That is total and utter BS. Miles Davis should have been in the first induction.

there are so many who should be in, and so many who shouldn't. I no longer even care enough about the Hall of Fame to spend the time to come up with a creative insult.

Wow, What a shock a Fox news reporter slams John Mellencamp. eyesre4.gif I'm not saying theres legtimate statements in this article, and I never thought there would be a day when i agree with something reported by fox news .. But inbetween the lines theres always politics and as much as i despise Rolling Stone and Jann Wenner (and i do) Most know that publication(RS) for the most part ,has questioned and been a outspoken opponent to US foreign policy. I just think Fox news has it's own seedy agenda. Just as much as Rolling Stone and there dictatorial control of the rock hall selection process.

QUOTE (Spindrift @ Oct 1 2007, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 1 2007, 07:21 PM)

Fox covers a variety of news and sports.

Very well I might add.

They have educated and intelligent reporters and researchers, who do a fine job and bring us straight-up news. Without the kool-aid drinkers' spin.

I think the glass leans to the right, careful you might spill some milk and honey. trink38.gif laugh.gif

Why do so many on this forum give a flying phyuch what Rolling Stone or the RRHOF think of Rush? Why would anyone need a vote of confidence to qualify your affection for Rush's catalog of great music? Rolling Stone and the RRHOF are a pieces of pop culture, and Rush isn't. I doubt Alex, Geddy, and Neil are losing any sleep over this, so why would any of us?

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 2 2007, 10:40 AM)
Why do so many on this forum flying phyuch what Rolling Stone or the RRHOF think of Rush? Why would anyone need a vote of confidence to qualify your affection for Rush's catalog of great music? Rolling Stone and the RRHOF are a pieces of pop culture, and Rush isn't. I doubt Alex, Geddy, and Neil are losing any sleep over this, so why would any of us?

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Oct 1 2007, 10:45 PM)

I don't know exactly why, but everyone is attracted to this pic much stronger than most other hot girl pictures. Maybe it is the true "girl next door" appeal.

Anyhow, here is another one of her:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4161/pic03228wx5.jpg

When I saw the title of the thread I thought we were boycotting Mick Jagger and the boyz. The only problem with us boycotting that rag is that they will never notice since it seems like none of us read this now. (I'll admit that I occasionally leaf through it but I don't buy it, I just put it back on the shelf when i'm done).

Archived