Rush Songs You Just Can't Stand?

AeroZach2112

Now, you can't have a favorite band and not be critical. It just ain't right. They have so many songs out there, and so many albums.

Naturally, there has to be ONE song at least by this great band that just makes your skin crawl, you can't stand, or you just don't like. Tell us what they are!

For me, the only one I can think of now is "Losing It" wacko.gif I know there are more, though.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Aug 15 2007, 03:45 PM)
Now, you can't have a favorite band and not be critical. It just ain't right. They have so many songs out there, and so many albums.

Naturally, there has to be ONE song at least by this great band that just makes your skin crawl, you can't stand, or you just don't like. Tell us what they are!

For me, the only one I can think of now is "Losing It" wacko.gif I know there are more, though.

Really? Losing it? I love that song. For me it would have to be Superconductor

there just two... new world man and fly by night! i just dont like them... even though vapour trails is one of my faves, i dont have much time for out of the cradle but the way the wind blows i never used to like, not i love it.. .so things change.

QUOTE (Grapes_under_pressure @ Aug 15 2007, 03:48 PM)
there just two... new world man and fly by night! i just dont like them... even though vapour trails is one of my faves, i dont have much time for out of the cradle but the way the wind blows i never used to like, not i love it.. .so things change.

Yeah, I don't like New World Man either. It's too getchy

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 15 2007, 02:47 PM)

For me, the only one I can think of now is "Losing It"  wacko.gif I know there are more, though.

Really? Superconductor? I love that song! laugh.gif

...I really do...

I can agree with "New World Man" though. Ugh...

Eh... Nothing that stands out...

I guess if i had to choose, then What Your Doing isn't doing much for me (no pun intended).

But things change, I used to not like the 80's synth driven Rush, but now GUP is my favorite album (for now laugh.gif )

I have learned in my experience as a Rush fan, that even the songs/albums I hated (sometimes for years) eventually came to be songs/albums I loved. COS and GUP are two massive examples. I shelved them for years. Now... I'm obsessed with every note.

So never count them out completely. You never know.

On a slightly different topic, AeroZach I gotta ask if you can do something to shorten that sig. It's horrendously long. trink39.gif

Ever since I heard them for the first time, I've never been able to stomach "Carve Away The Stone" or "Lock & Key". Every other Rush song I've heard a million+ times, and on one level or another, loved it. Those two, I could count on both hands the number of listens...and probably have 2 or 3 fingers leftover.

It's not that I "just can't stand" these songs, it's just that I don't listen to them if I can at all help it:

Faithless (really the only song on S&A that I can't stomach and that I always SKIP now--though I do love the guitar solo)

The Stars Look Down, How it is, Out of the Cradle (I'll still listen to these every now and then)

Virtuality, Carve Away the Stone (eh)

Neurotica, You Bet Your Life (I dislike Neurotica a lot more than YBYL)

Countdown (eh)

Madrigal (eh)

Tears (eh)

Rivendell (just a bit too cheezy)

Take a Friend (thank god Neil came along to write the lyrics!)

Cygnus X-1

The Pass

Dreamline (in fact all of RTB except Ghost Of a Chance)

Nobodys Hero and the rest of Counterfarts except Animate

Virtuality

Freeze

Most of the rest of Vapid Trails

The Larger Bowl

Good news first

We Hold On

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Aug 15 2007, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 15 2007, 02:47 PM)

For me, the only one I can think of now is "Losing It"  wacko.gif I know there are more, though.

Really? Superconductor? I love that song! laugh.gif

...I really do...

I can agree with "New World Man" though. Ugh...

You are the first person I've met that likes Super...but hey, to each his own.

QUOTE (lakeside bard @ Aug 15 2007, 02:59 PM)
Tai Shan       

Dog Years  (cringe )

Yes...........add totem and the list is complete...for me. It amazes me how many people have said New World Man...I mean really..wasn't that their top charting single? It's not my favorite, but...really..

Archived