Daft Punk

Fantastic musicians for sure, they are in my top five favorite bands for sure, and their album Alive 2007 is one of my favorite albums of all time. Favorite tracks are Aerodynamic, Da Funk, Digital Love, Harder Better Faster Stronger, Superheroes, Touch, and Doin' it Right.

I just don't get the love for this band. Catchy songs, but nothing mindblowing?!

By far not the best electronic music, but pretty good. First two albums were great, but I don't really dig them anymore. I'd like to see them live, though.

They seem to be interesting as visual artists. Much in the vein of DEVO,

I just don't get the love for this band. Catchy songs, but nothing mindblowing?!

Clearly you have not heard their song touch.

• Like 1

Well...I think I might give this band another shot...I have been obsessed with a lot worse!
  • Like 1

See, I don't think it needs to be anything mindblowing- they may not be innovators (or they may, depending on how you look at it), but...it's about the overall sound. Great stuff.

Honestly, I mean I've heard their name batted around for a few years, but up until very recently, I assumed that they were, in point of fact, a punk band. But I kind of like their sound better as they are, now that I know. That song that won Record of the Year at the Grammys is catchy as hell.

• Like 1

Clearly you have not heard their song touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfH3erWacsQ&noredirect=1

Paul Williams! Beautiful. The throwback angle of their music is great.

BTW...I learned yesterday that Oingo Boingo and the English Beat were the only two bands to play at both US festivals.

Edited by goose

Well...I think I might give this band another shot...I have been obsessed with a lot worse!

That's good to hear. Once you get to know their better known songs from their first three albums (the electronic stuff), listen to Alive 2007, the way they mix their songs with few stops in the music, and hearing each song sneak in and blending with the last is phenomenal.

Edited by RushBoingo