The OFFICIAL NYC NWWCON thread

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jul 15 2007, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 15 2007, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 15 2007, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 15 2007, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 15 2007, 02:29 PM)
If I may be so bold.....
I think you ladies or anyone else for that matter should think of taking a Caribbean cruise (at least in the not-too-distant-future).  Think about it:  multiple countries, gorgeous ship, dancing, sun, beaches, shopping, etc.  The options are unlimited.  A Caribbean cruise is relatively cheap considering what you get (do the research if you don't believe me), not too hard to pull off with those in North America, and no possible fears of language barriers/culture shock.  Just realized I sound like a travel agent.  But so be it.  Many many Rush fiends on a cruise ship sounds sweet does it not?  1022.gif  trink38.gif
Sailing into destiny

Brilliant!!!

Wonderful idea JB! This might be something to plan for a couple years out. We could do this as couples too if we had a massive trf trip!!!

A cruise is an awesome idea. I went on a cruise to The Bahamas with my mom about 15 years ago. WAY too much fun! Even with my MOM! laugh.gif

The possibilities are endless for yearly NWWCON trips. I think a trip to Canada is an absolute must for at least one of them. yes.gif

Yeah! Canada, Europe, Carribean etc....... yearly???? Hmmmm.....

so much potential

and SOOO much $$$ ph34r.gif

sad.gif

Yeah, that's what I was thinking sad.gif But, I'm sure with plenty of planning we could manage to meet up at some point! 653.gif

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the Pm from ladi....

I'm closer to NYC now since I just moved to Toronto...so i'm probably in. But this could interfere with school...and I can't miss any days because the course is like...freaking intense laugh.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 15 2007, 05:02 PM)

I'm closer to NYC now since I just moved to Toronto...so i'm probably in.  But this could interfere with school...and I can't miss any days because the course is like...freaking intense  laugh.gif

hey, right on, D! cheer.gif glad you made it to TO. trink36.gif i know you've been working on it for awhile now. how do you like it so far?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 15 2007, 11:29 AM)
If I may be so bold.....
I think you ladies or anyone else for that matter should think of taking a Caribbean cruise (at least in the not-too-distant-future).  Think about it:  multiple countries, gorgeous ship, dancing, sun, beaches, shopping, etc.  The options are unlimited.  A Caribbean cruise is relatively cheap considering what you get (do the research if you don't believe me), not too hard to pull off with those in North America, and no possible fears of language barriers/culture shock.  Just realized I sound like a travel agent.  But so be it.  Many many Rush fiends on a cruise ship sounds sweet does it not?  1022.gif  trink38.gif
Sailing into destiny

trink39.gif that is a great idea, JB. i see ads for inexpensive cruises olla time. yes.gif the more ideas the betterer...keep em comin. cheer.gif

i still wanna do NYC tho 1287.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 15 2007, 07:25 PM)

I'm closer to NYC now since I just moved to Toronto...so i'm probably in.  But this could interfere with school...and I can't miss any days because the course is like...freaking intense  laugh.gif

hey, right on, D! cheer.gif glad you made it to TO. trink36.gif i know you've been working on it for awhile now. how do you like it so far?

D-13, I have school, too. But, we're resourceful, brilliant women here! It can all be worked out around schedules and finances. 1287.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 15 2007, 05:44 PM)

D-13, I have school, too. But, we're resourceful, brilliant women here! It can all be worked out around schedules and finances. 1287.gif

yes.gif with enough time to plan and prepare, anything can happen. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 15 2007, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 15 2007, 05:44 PM)

yes.gif with enough time to plan and prepare, anything can happen. smile.gif

Yup! ANYTHING. We aren't just ANY women. We're New World Women. 1022.gif

The main reason I mentioned the cruise is because I know that a week on a ship is incredibly less than the cost of a week in "City X" in Europe. Also, many of those cruises are setup where you can eat and drink as much as you want. Once you get on the ship the amount of money you spend isn't as much as you'd think. Whereas in Europe you'll be dumping money left and right. So as far as price goes, it's the cheapest thing when not including anything stateside. Besides, who wouldn't want to visit places like Jamaica, Mexico, etc. ALL in possibly 1 trip?!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 15 2007, 08:44 PM)

Yup, I work full time and attend grad school at night. We can dooo eeeettt! cheer.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 15 2007, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 15 2007, 08:44 PM)

Yup, I work full time and attend grad school at night. We can dooo eeeettt! cheer.gif

laugh.gif it's just a long weekend. confused13.gif

...and a well deserved one at that! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 16 2007, 02:01 AM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Jul 16 2007, 12:20 AM)
I'd love to go to NYC...

Maybe one day I could meetup with yas?

You HATE NYC. All of a sudden there's gonna be a whole bunch of NWW's there and you're NYC's biggest fan. confused13.gif

z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif

chickendance.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 16 2007, 11:55 AM)
I'd love to go to NYC...

You HATE NYC. All of a sudden there's gonna be a whole bunch of NWW's there and you're NYC's biggest fan. confused13.gif

z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif

chickendance.gif

Yah can't blame him can yah laugh.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 16 2007, 12:21 PM)
I'd love to go to NYC...

z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif

chickendance.gif

Yah can't blame him can yah laugh.gif rofl3.gif

no.gif

Just sayin'. biggrin.gif

I'd love to go to NYC...

z7shysterical.gif

I could love it for a weekend biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 16 2007, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Jul 15 2007, 09:20 PM)
I'd love to go to NYC...

laugh.gif tongue.gif

absolutely! it just won't be the same unless i get to buy you at least one moosie trink39.gif wub.gif

A moosie in Brooklyn?

We have plenty here, Susie! I can see you and me having a couple of them...

trink39.gif

I'd love to go to NYC...

z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif

chickendance.gif

tongue.gif

Wow - I go away for a few days vacation, and come back to a 9 page thread - that I wasn't even invited to (LSM!?!?!)

I'm only about 2.5 hours away by car and train - so I'd love to join all the NWW in NYC!!

(Although the cruise idea sounds good also!!)

smile.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 17 2007, 07:23 PM)
Wow - I go away for a few days vacation, and come back to a 9 page thread - that I wasn't even invited to (LSM!?!?!)

I'm only about 2.5 hours away by car and train - so I'd love to join all the NWW in NYC!!

(Although the cruise idea sounds good also!!)

smile.gif

right on, Spike! cosmo.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 17 2007, 11:25 PM)
I am going to do my best to make this one !!! Just depends on when .

OMG! That would be SOOOO awesome if you came too!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 18 2007, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 17 2007, 11:25 PM)
I am going to do my best to make this one !!! Just depends on when .

OMG! That would be SOOOO awesome if you came too!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am going to try I would Love to see & meet you All wub.gif

Archived