A great part of the show

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ Jul 4 2007, 03:59 PM)
Hope Did not come off well at all (Raleigh Show)  for me - was sort of dissapointed -  Almost sounded out of tune - thought Alex could do better.

Alex is Great but nowwhere near the Caliber of Steve Howe when it comes to playing Acoustic Live.

Anyone else find it annoying when the very first reply in what is obviously intended to be a positive/celebratory thread is overtly negative? Jeez, at least let a couple of people chime in with positive comments before you crap in someone's thread. eyesre4.gif BTW, have you seen Alex jamming on the acoustic 12-string on the MVI-DVD? He may be no Steve Howe, but he tears it up pretty well on his acoustic in the documentary.

Hope70, I am also looking forward to hearing Hope live in Phoenix. applaudit.gif I even "hope" he extends the song out a bit from the studio version. cool.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 4 2007, 04:49 PM)
Hope Did not come off well at all (Raleigh Show)  for me - was sort of dissapointed -  Almost sounded out of tune - thought Alex could do better.

Alex is Great but nowwhere near the Caliber of Steve Howe when it comes to playing Acoustic Live.

Anyone else find it annoying when the very first reply in what is obviously intended to be a positive/celebratory thread is overtly negative? Jeez, at least let a couple of people chime in with positive comments before you crap in someone's thread. eyesre4.gif BTW, have you seen Alex jamming on the acoustic 12-string on the MVI-DVD? He may be no Steve Howe, but he tears it up pretty well on his acoustic in the documentary.

Hope70, I am also looking forward to hearing Hope live in Phoenix. applaudit.gif I even "hope" he extends the song out a bit from the studio version. cool.gif

annoying? why is that? because you don't agree with his opinion? anyways i haven't seen the mvi, nor do i care to. that being said, Hope is one of the 2 songs that;s listenable from Snakes for me. the other being Mal Nar. those are both decent cuts.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 4 2007, 04:49 PM)

Wasnt trying to rain on anyones parade ... the reason why I put what show I attended was because it good have just been an off night.

I Love Rush and Alex's guitar Work but in this particualar case it didnt work well for me , I Have seen Rush Live over a dozen times and the Accoustic part is never that ambitious as "Hope" , While on the other hand Ive seen Howe with Yes , Asia and on his own and there is no comparison in that one regard "Accoustic Live".. Thats All

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jul 4 2007, 05:22 PM)
annoying? why is that? because you don't agree with his opinion? anyways i haven't seen the mvi, nor do i care to. that being said, Hope is one of the 2 songs that;s listenable from Snakes for me. the other being Mal Nar. those are both decent cuts.

No, I'm not just referring to this thread specifically. I'm saying IN GENERAL I find it annoying when someone posts a postive thread about how much they love a song/album/whatever, and the first replies are to immediately contradict the orignal poster and inject bad mojo into their positive thread. It's all-too-common, however, so I guess I should just get over it. confused13.gif

BTW, let me understand, TCE: you like Hope, and you hear that there is a new acoustic guitar instrumental on the MVI, but you have no interest in hearing it? That's an attitude I find hard to understand. fing.gif Not saying you should run out and buy the MVI as you obviously hate S&A, but you're not even curious?

in any case...

Love Hope live! unfortunately in Atlanta, that was the time that everyone around me decided it was time to have a discussion.

I've since been fortunate enough to hear it minus the conversations a few times and Its a really nice little departure from the rest of the show.

I was a little bit disappointed there were no other acoustic songs or an acoustic set, but since I can't pick anything for them to cut out to accomodate it, it all good!

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 4 2007, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jul 4 2007, 05:22 PM)

No, I'm not just referring to this thread specifically. I'm saying IN GENERAL I find it annoying when someone posts a postive thread about how much they love a song/album/whatever, and the first replies are to immediately contradict the orignal poster and inject bad mojo into their positive thread. It's all-too-common, however, so I guess I should just get over it. confused13.gif

BTW, let me understand, TCE: you like Hope, and you hear that there is a new acoustic guitar instrumental on the MVI, but you have no interest in hearing it? That's an attitude I find hard to understand. fing.gif Not saying you should run out and buy the MVI as you obviously hate S&A, but you're not even curious?

i think Hope is ok, ya. my roomate has the mvi of snakes. maybe someday i'll watch it, but right now i have no desire. what can i do? i'm an old school fan.

The MVI is sooooo awsome!! I bought 3 copies of it, one for my stereo room, one for my computer, and one for my regular tv. LOVE IT!! I saw Rush in Charlotte & Raleigh. My first shows ever. I loved every single minute of it!!! I have to say workin' them angels is my favorite song by far!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I saw the Malnar - drum solo - Hope set coming before the tour even started. I didn't think Alex disappointed at all. He can play that 12-string just fine, and does a very good recreation of the studio version.

Give it up for the man: It's his shining moment for this tour, and he deserves the spotlight.

QUOTE (fararmorangelbowlspinmonkeywind @ Jul 4 2007, 10:17 PM)
in any case...

Love Hope live! unfortunately in Atlanta, that was the time that everyone around me decided it was time to have a discussion.

I've since been fortunate enough to hear it minus the conversations a few times and Its a really nice little departure from the rest of the show.

I was a little bit disappointed there were no other acoustic songs or an acoustic set, but since I can't pick anything for them to cut out to accomodate it, it all good!

I was incredibly moved by Al playing Hope. The guy next to me started talking about something up in the rafters at the beginning of Hope.

The only reason I didn't tell him to STFU is because that dude is my brother. laugh.gif

Hope Did not come off well at all (Raleigh Show) for me - was sort of dissapointed - Almost sounded out of tune - thought Alex could do better.

Dude, who cares how he matches up against Steve Howe on the acoustic.

This is his own style and for me one of the high points of the show.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 4 2007, 08:49 AM)
When they brought out the acoustic I new it was going to be for the song Hope.

The first time I listened to Snakes & Arrows, the day it was released, I knew Hope would follow THE drum solo on the tour. Neal needs his rest, ya know. What I did not expect, but was not surprised by, was following up Hope with Natural Science with it's drum-free intro to give Neal even more time to catch his breath.

QUOTE (fararmorangelbowlspinmonkeywind @ Jul 4 2007, 11:17 PM)
in any case...

How long did it take you to come up with that name?

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/GoddessInTheirGarden/alex---SAcopy.jpg

QUOTE (TwoBucks @ Jul 6 2007, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 4 2007, 08:49 AM)
When they brought out the acoustic I new it was going to be for the song Hope.

The first time I listened to Snakes & Arrows, the day it was released, I knew Hope would follow THE drum solo on the tour. Neal needs his rest, ya know. What I did not expect, but was not surprised by, was following up Hope with Natural Science with it's drum-free intro to give Neal even more time to catch his breath.

gives him time to have a quick smoke.

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ Jul 4 2007, 04:59 PM)
Almost sounded out of tune

keep in mind the massive amount of humidity that that 12-string had to endure at these outdoor shows...and the pull-offs that Al does in Hope. It's frustrating, but unfortunately something that really nothing can be done about sad.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 6 2007, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (fararmorangelbowlspinmonkeywind @ Jul 4 2007, 11:17 PM)
in any case...

How long did it take you to come up with that name?

not too long, the real question is how long does it take me to log in

smile.gif

Archived