I love these guys.

TheCameraEye

I used to do this to my older brother (who happens to be Drumnut) all the time. I would pop into his room and say "nah nah ni boo boo" attempting to start a fight with him. That was your intention right? Because I can't for the life of me understand why you would join a Rush forum to bad mouth the band.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 29 2007, 12:58 PM)
rush continues to put out whatever they can, which isn't anything good. proof is in the albums sales and attendance numbers decreasing big.

So you don't like Rush, who cares!?

I'll still sleep good tonight.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 29 2007, 02:11 PM)
I used to do this to my older brother (who happens to be Drumnut) all the time. I would pop into his room and say "nah nah ni boo boo" attempting to start a fight with him. That was your intention right? Because I can't for the life of me understand why you would join a Rush forum to bad mouth the band.

Nobody must pay him any attention at home...so why not get some attention here? fing.gif

QUOTE (drewb93 @ Jun 29 2007, 02:07 PM)
well, they aren't together anymore but they had a good run. from what i heard on this new Snakes tour fans are almost sleeping during the strectch of new songs in the second set. what does that say?

It says most Rush "fans" don't appreciate good music and they don't appreciate that Rush is changing. There's nothing they can do about it, they can only "blow the way the wind blows"

people are paying big money to go to these shows, so there probably aren't many casual fans going. i would say most of the fans at the shows are real fans. if your real fans are getting bored or restless, which is happening, what can you do? what does that say? i wouldn't be surprised if they change the second set to make it more appealing and less boring.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 29 2007, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 29 2007, 12:58 PM)
rush continues to put out whatever they can, which isn't anything good. proof is in the albums sales and attendance numbers decreasing big.

So you don't like Rush, who cares!?

I'll still sleep good tonight.

no, i like Rush. like i said anything from Presto to Snakes is dull except for some of Counterparts. and the first album isn't good.

What is the purpose of threads like this? confused13.gif

Okay, you think Rush are pretty much has-beens, fine.

Don't listen to later period Rush and don't attend their concerts.

There are plenty of remastered CDs and DVDs from the 70s and 80s you can listen to and watch. laugh.gif

I understand and agree, to a point, the criticism of current Rush, but these threads are getting out of hand! They are still a vital and innovative band, albeit not necessarily mindblowing, but nevertheless good. They aren't resting on their past laurels like other old-timers that are touring this summer.

don't worry, i always have my share of 70s/early 80s Rush material within arms reach. the rest is in the garage somewhere in a box.

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 29 2007, 04:35 PM)
don't worry, i always have my share of 70s/early 80s Rush material within arms reach. the rest is in the garage somewhere in a box.

Good. Now shut the f@#k up! laugh.gif

Just kidding! trink39.gif

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 29 2007, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (mars_volta @ Jun 29 2007, 01:48 PM)
i dont see the beegees making $500,000 EVERY NIGHT...

well, they aren't together anymore but they had a good run. from what i heard on this new Snakes tour fans are almost sleeping during the strectch of new songs in the second set. what does that say?

Sorry but the show I went to More fans were sleeping during a HYF song , a GUP Song etc. and a Signals Song -- Not wanting to post a Spoiler than any of the S&A material.

The New Material was well received and Kicked Ass Live.

Snakes is easily a top 5 Rush album for me the best in over 25 years (and there is nothing Pop about it) , I have been a fan since 1978 when I got 2112 , Hemis and AFTK.

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jun 29 2007, 08:47 PM)
All of Rush's albums are excellent (great at worst), I'm sorry you stopped liking quality music and good luck with living in the 70's.

I'm gonna see Rush tommorow and I'm f*ckin' ecstatic to see the new material.

it's not only the 70s, i'm good up until Hold Your Fire.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 29 2007, 03:11 PM)

goodpost.gif I'm wondering the same thing... unsure.gif

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 29 2007, 01:45 PM)
Snakes you favorite? why? they have 10 albums that are easily better. but i guess that's your opinion.

Because Snakes and Arrows has the most moments that send chills up my spine and the most strong songs.

Moments that send chills up my spine:

Armor and Sword

Spindrift

The Way The Wind Blows

Hope

VERY strong songs:

The rest of them. laugh.gif

I just love Snakes and Arrows... It is my first new Rush album, so that may be part of it, but I think part of it is that they just made an album that is musically everything I could ask for.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 29 2007, 03:38 PM)

I echo your comment but I'm not kidding.

Get a hobby man. Stop posting garbage.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 30 2007, 01:10 PM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 30 2007, 12:10 PM)

you consider it posting garbage because you like Bones and Test? go crank up Test man and sing along with Pearts fantastic lyrics.

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 30 2007, 12:30 PM)

you consider it posting garbage because you like Bones and Test? go crank up Test man and sing along with Pearts fantastic lyrics.

You are a troll. You have nothing better to do than stir up shit on an web site. And I am being an asshole because I am feeding the troll and I apologize to the other members of this board for doing so.

Get your mom to take you to the mall. Get out of the house.

Oh, by the way, I am listening to T4E as I type.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 30 2007, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 30 2007, 12:30 PM)

You are a troll. You have nothing better to do than stir up shit on an web site. And I am being an asshole because I am feeding the troll and I apologize to the other members of this board for doing so.

Get your mom to take you to the mall. Get out of the house.

Oh, by the way, I am listening to T4E as I type.

you don't have to get all offensive. listening to Test, lol cool. make sure you sing along.

The last Rush album where I loved all of the songs on it was probably Power Windows. After that I felt like they started losing their edge, although there was still some gems to be found on each album after that, but I haven't loved an entire Rush album from start to finish since PW.

I loved that they got back to their rock roots on Counterparts, but there was still some really lame songs on that album. And I've gone on record saying T4E is my most hated Rush album. The songs are just so bland and uninspiring. VT was cool because of some of the exploration they did on some of the songs, but the production quality is basically the worst ive ever heard by a signed band so I havent listened to that album in probably 3 years.

I like tracks 1-8 on S&A, after that it takes a serious nose dive for me with a bunch of typical filler songs, and it doesn't really have a powerful ending either with We Hold On. It's an okay song, it just doesn't punch me in the face.

Generally I like all their albums, but I still believe that 76-85 were their best years and they've never really been able to come close to that for me.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 30 2007, 02:35 PM)
The last Rush album where I loved all of the songs on it was probably Power Windows. After that I felt like they started losing their edge, although there was still some gems to be found on each album after that, but I haven't loved an entire Rush album from start to finish since PW.

I loved that they got back to their rock roots on Counterparts, but there was still some really lame songs on that album. And I've gone on record saying T4E is my most hated Rush album. The songs are just so bland and uninspiring.

i liked most of Hold Your Fire minus a few songs, but consider it their last really good album. Windows is great too. love that one. some stellar bass playing on it. i think Counterparts is their best after Hold Your Fire, but it's still pretty bad except for a few songs. to me, that album looked a little like they were trying to get back their fire and creativity, but then they totally ran out of gas, and have been ever since then. it's too bad.

Archived