I love these guys.

TheCameraEye

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jul 3 2007, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 3 2007, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jul 2 2007, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jul 2 2007, 09:37 PM)
Ok sorry mate (TCE) take this anyway you choose but I think you could probably be at least a little bit more respectful when bashing things many of us here like. maybe "prick" was a bit rude, no hard feelings trink39.gif

hey man, i wasn't directing my comment at you anyways. there was another asshole comment (directed towards me) earlier in the thread lol.that i was talking about. no worries man. take it easy.

edited:spelling

I'm sincerly sorry, TCE. I suffer foot-in-mouth disease from time to time. After reading so much negativity, I guess reading your opening post was the last straw. Forgive me for taking it out on you. I really am sorry. I think you're absolutely wrong in that opinion, but it is your opinion. I could have just said that and not been a jerk. sad.gif

~Humbly,

sully trink39.gif

hey there, no problem. i should use the word IMO instead of turds lol.

we all say things at times we don't necessarily mean. smile.gif

And for you CameraEye....your post have a strong tendency to come off sounding condescending and arrogant. What is a turd to you could be a jewel to another. It's ok to think that anything after HYF is of lesser quality, but keep in mind that most on this board don't feel that way.

I'll admit that Rush tapped into something during the span of 2112 through PoW, but most of us here still feel there is something left in that tank. I for one can still find genius on every release from Rush, and when someone calls those releases turds, it is a tad insulting.

So, please share your opinion, but please don't forget that not everyone may share that opinion.

To 2.gif ! trink39.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 3 2007, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jul 3 2007, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 3 2007, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jul 2 2007, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jul 2 2007, 09:37 PM)
Ok sorry mate (TCE) take this anyway you choose but I think you could probably be at least a little bit more respectful when bashing things many of us here like. maybe "prick" was a bit rude, no hard feelings trink39.gif

hey man, i wasn't directing my comment at you anyways. there was another asshole comment (directed towards me) earlier in the thread lol.that i was talking about. no worries man. take it easy.

edited:spelling

I'm sincerly sorry, TCE. I suffer foot-in-mouth disease from time to time. After reading so much negativity, I guess reading your opening post was the last straw. Forgive me for taking it out on you. I really am sorry. I think you're absolutely wrong in that opinion, but it is your opinion. I could have just said that and not been a jerk. sad.gif

~Humbly,

sully trink39.gif

hey there, no problem. i should use the word IMO instead of turds lol.

we all say things at times we don't necessarily mean. smile.gif

And for you CameraEye....your post have a strong tendency to come off sounding condescending and arrogant. What is a turd to you could be a jewel to another. It's ok to think that anything after HYF is of lesser quality, but keep in mind that most on this board don't feel that way.

I'll admit that Rush tapped into something during the span of 2112 through PoW, but most of us here still feel there is something left in that tank. I for one can still find genius on every release from Rush, and when someone calls those releases turds, it is a tad insulting.

So, please share your opinion, but please don't forget that not everyone may share that opinion.

To 2.gif ! trink39.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

I love the Police... but I'd pick Dog Years over Tea In The Sahara any day of any week of any month of any year.

Doesn't mean anything though, really. It's just what I like. trink39.gif

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ Jun 28 2007, 09:25 PM)
they really have dropped some turds on us since Presto, well some stuff on Presto too.

So in other words you just don't like the fact that they don't put out the same thing they did in the 70s or 80s. That's ok, my preference is for 80s Rush, but that in no way proves that their material since Presto is sub-par as you are suggesting.

More convincing arguments, please. yes.gif

I personally enjoy Rush later catalog from their earlier. Don't get me wrong, I love the good ol' days of Fly By Night onward up, but I think as Neil has honed on his lyrical content, I enjoyed the music more.

Everyday Glory 1022.gif

Granted, there are....clunkers...but there were back in the day too. (See: 2112 B side)

Just depends what you're looking for, and Rush offers so much in the way of music, over such a long period of time, that you can get people attuned to their music from all eras. The bulk of their well known work was in the 70's and 80's, but thats a "Far Cry" from saying their later material was bad, just rather appeals to a different audience.

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Jul 9 2007, 06:21 AM)
I shit upon this thread.

I fart in its general direction.

Archived