whcih song is geddy lee's voice the highest

walrickenbacker2112

Honestly, I'd say 2112 is the highest. The only notes in Cygnus i need to dodge are "LIGHT of deneb" (F5) "HEART of Cygnus" (F5) "My ship can not resist HER long" (F#5) "GAINS CONTROL"(G5) "SEA UNENDING" (A5) and "TORN APART" (Bb5)

In 2112, I have to dodge pretty much every high part in Temples, Presentation, and Soliloquy.

You can't say 2112 is the highest when there is concrete proof his range peaks in Cygnus. If the question was "which song is the more difficult to sing," it would definitely be 2112, because parts of the song live in a super high register, whereas the peaks in Cygnus are more spread apart, or are just one note here and there.

Honestly, I'd say 2112 is the highest. The only notes in Cygnus i need to dodge are "LIGHT of deneb" (F5) "HEART of Cygnus" (F5) "My ship can not resist HER long" (F#5) "GAINS CONTROL"(G5) "SEA UNENDING" (A5) and "TORN APART" (Bb5)

In 2112, I have to dodge pretty much every high part in Temples, Presentation, and Soliloquy.

You can't say 2112 is the highest when there is concrete proof his range peaks in Cygnus. If the question was "which song is the more difficult to sing," it would definitely be 2112, because parts of the song live in a super high register, whereas the peaks in Cygnus are more spread apart, or are just one note here and there.

I don't think that this means what song has the highest note, just what song is his voice the highest overall.

Aha, I KNEW I remembered seeing a low F on sheet music before...

In Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres, in the spacey intro leading up before "Apollo was astonished" --

"...thunderbolts, across the sky, I cannot move, I cannot hide, I feel a silent scream begin inside."

The red "I" is a low F, F2. That's too low for most natural tenors to reach. Most males are baritones, and F2 is at the very bottom of their range, some being able to hit the low E2 or D2 with a struggle (or when we first wake up in the morning) wink.gif

QUOTE The highest note in "Cygnus X-1" is an A#/Bb5

QUOTE The lowest note in "Cygnus X-1" is an F2

That puts Cygnus X-1 as having a 3 and half octave range. Incredible. The Star Spangled Banner only has a 1 and half octave range, and many people can't even sing that range.

GEDDY! The Banshee of rock and roll! 1022.gif

I'm pretty sure I can reach that low note but only just. Does this mean I'm a man? :7up:

That puts Cygnus X-1 as having a 3 and half octave range. Incredible.

Yes, it truly is.

Jeff Buckley had a three and a half octave range, too, and used it in many of his songs. Listen to Mojo Pin, Grace, Lover You Should Have Come Over, or Corpus Christi Carol...those are all found on the same album. Everybody Here Wants You is another good example, as well.

• Like 1

That puts Cygnus X-1 as having a 3 and half octave range. Incredible.

Yes, it truly is.

Jeff Buckley had a three and a half octave range, too, and used it in many of his songs. Listen to Mojo Pin, Grace, Lover You Should Have Come Over, or Corpus Christi Carol...those are all found on the same album. Everybody Here Wants You is another good example, as well.

That note is actually a C3. Still, C3-Bb5 ain't too shabby.