SPOILER!!! Nissan Pavillion- share your experience

Steel07

301/P/4 (this was the row with all of the drunks with small bladders wtf.gif )

I had a wonderful time at the show as well, it was my first Rush show.

Close ups I've seen from this show have me kinda relieved to be honest. From where I was sitting, too far to make out facial expressions, it seemed like Geddy was the only one enjoying himself, every time Alex or Neil were on the screens, they looked in pain. At one point in his solo, Neil looked about to cry. Maybe I'm just weird, but I felt kinda guilty having such a great time, while at least 2 of them, at the time, seemed to be miserable.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushfr:CP @ Jun 26 2007, 01:57 PM)
great show. Walked up and was expecting lawn seats, was suprised to get two seats in sec. 102 right on the rail of the sound board.

anybody know the attendance figures??

I thought the lawn was about 25% filled.

I have no idea, but this I can tell you: That is the most people I've seen at Nissan for Rush, and I've seen them there every tour since T4E.

QUOTE (thingsnstuff @ Jun 26 2007, 02:55 PM)
301/P/4 (this was the row with all of the drunks with small bladders wtf.gif )

Close ups I've seen from this show have me kinda relieved to be honest. From where I was sitting, too far to make out facial expressions, it seemed like Geddy was the only one enjoying himself, every time Alex or Neil were on the screens, they looked in pain. At one point in his solo, Neil looked about to cry. Maybe I'm just weird, but I felt kinda guilty having such a great time, while at least 2 of them, at the time, seemed to be miserable.

confused13.gif

Not sure what to make of this one - did you see the pics I posted on the previous page of this thread? The boys were in GREAT spirits the other night from my vantage point (ORCH 2, Row A). Alex and Ged smiled quite a bit - a lot actually. And I personally saw Neil smile about a half dozen times thru the night. He smiled more the other night than both of the R30 shows I saw combined.

Maybe the people running the video that night just happened to catch them between smiles....

I noticed Neil smile a few times during the show, as well. Alex and Geddy seemed really energetic, and interacted quite a bit with the crowd, as well as with each other. Anoyone else notice when Alex was croutched down, with his face really close to the camera at on point? LOL laugh.gif I forgot what song it was though, but I laughed tongue.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 26 2007, 10:14 PM)
I noticed Neil smile a few times during the show, as well. Alex and Geddy seemed really energetic, and interacted quite a bit with the crowd, as well as with each other. Anoyone else notice when Alex was croutched down, with his face really close to the camera at on point? LOL  laugh.gif  I forgot what song it was though, but I laughed  tongue.gif

Yep. Our seats were right behind the camera in the front row and I watched Alex do it, just being a goof. Hilarious.

QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 26 2007, 06:35 PM)
301/P/4 (this was the row with all of the drunks with small bladders  wtf.gif )

Close ups I've seen from this show have me kinda relieved to be honest.  From where I was sitting, too far to make out facial expressions, it seemed like Geddy was the only one enjoying himself, every time Alex or Neil were on the screens, they looked in pain.  At one point in his solo, Neil looked about to cry.  Maybe I'm just weird, but I felt kinda guilty having such a great time, while at least 2 of them, at the time, seemed to be miserable.

confused13.gif

Not sure what to make of this one - did you see the pics I posted on the previous page of this thread? The boys were in GREAT spirits the other night from my vantage point (ORCH 2, Row A). Alex and Ged smiled quite a bit - a lot actually. And I personally saw Neil smile about a half dozen times thru the night. He smiled more the other night than both of the R30 shows I saw combined.

Maybe the people running the video that night just happened to catch them between smiles....

Rereading my post, I should have said (your) 'pictures' not 'close ups'. From where I was sitting, the second to last row of section 301, I couldn't see the smiles smile.gif All I had to go on were the screens.

QUOTE (thingsnstuff @ Jun 27 2007, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 26 2007, 06:35 PM)
301/P/4 (this was the row with all of the drunks with small bladders  wtf.gif )

Close ups I've seen from this show have me kinda relieved to be honest.  From where I was sitting, too far to make out facial expressions, it seemed like Geddy was the only one enjoying himself, every time Alex or Neil were on the screens, they looked in pain.  At one point in his solo, Neil looked about to cry.  Maybe I'm just weird, but I felt kinda guilty having such a great time, while at least 2 of them, at the time, seemed to be miserable.

confused13.gif

Rereading my post, I should have said (your) 'pictures' not 'close ups'. From where I was sitting, the second to last row of section 301, I couldn't see the smiles smile.gif All I had to go on were the screens.

Understood. I was just trying to allay any thoughts you had about the boys not being in very good spirits the other night - they seemed to be in GREAT spirits. Enough to the point where I am dismissing all previous discussions on this board about an eminent "Farewell Tour" anytime soon.

Cheers.

It's so good to read posts like that! Let's just hope they will remain in good spirits until the end of the tour, if not, at least until September 15! tongue.gif

This was my first time seeing Rush, i've been a fan of their music for about 11 years - (thanks to a very special college lecturer/mentor back in '96 who opened my eyes and ears to Rush, Zappa, Steely Dan and others, sadly he's no longer with us, but i'll always be grateful to him) -but this was the first chance i'd had to see Rush in concert.

When I still lived in Scotland I had wanted to see them on the R30 tour in Glasgow, but no such luck. So fast forward to 2007, i find myself in the USA and married(!), to a husband who is a huge Rush fan. So we went together on saturday night and I was blown away! We were in section 201, row B, seats 25 & 26.

Let me just say i had no idea how bloody expensive the tickets were!! (Me being a poor jobless Scot in the midst of immigration) - So $80 upwards per ticket is a lot of money to me, and i kinda understand now why my significant other didn't let me see the tickets til we were actually seated lol!!! I would have loved a t shirt, but there's no way in hell i could've afforded it (and WHY??? Are women's shirts always more expensive than guys'?! confused13.gif Even though there's more material used in a guy's t shirt!!)...And don't get me started on $10 for a can of lukewarm piss (miller light!) tongue.gif

But anyhoo, the main thing was the show and i could not have enjoyed it more, you really do get your money's worth, first of all you know that they are gonna be spot on musically..i mean, c'mon..it's RUSH!! Then the excellent visuals; the funny videos - (Geddy, me an you will be having words about that Scottish impression!!! Lol, he actually had the accent down pretty well!) - the amazing fireworks that seemed to shoot out and up from somewhere behind Neil! And did you guys feel the sheer heat from those flames that shot out all over the stage?! The footage of the dragon about to breathe fire which had actual flames come out from the stage was spot on! And of course, 3 solid hours of amazing music; you gotta admire these guys and their ability to keep their ethusiasm and energy going for 3 hours a night on those long tours.

But, the highlight for me was Neil's solo, i'd dreamt of one day being able to see that in the flesh, i have so much respect for the guy, (and i'm not even a drummer, i'm a guitarist!) - and i can honestly say, as i was watching between the stage itself and the huge close ups on the video screens, i had tears in my eyes, i was so overcome with the sheer amazement and joy of it all.

And since saturday i've suddenly become more Rush mad than i've ever been in my life 1022.gif ...where the hell have I been?!? lol

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 26 2007, 02:44 PM)
I'm kind-of in a funk right now because I'd been looking forward to the show for months and now I don't really have anything coming up soon to look forward to.

I totally hear you. sad.gif

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 29 2007, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 26 2007, 02:44 PM)
I'm kind-of in a funk right now because I'd been looking forward to the show for months and now I don't really have anything coming up soon to look forward to.

I totally hear you. sad.gif

Get married and have children.

Just to start, being able to meet people from this board, and stick together in spite of closed parking lots and poor traffic direction was a small miracle.

Eating and laughing and playing music before the show are memories I will cherish for quite a long time to come.

Cajunboy traveling so far to see 2.gif and Stormshadow making it in spite of family business in Iowa. A lot of people went to great lengths to hook up before the show and see a great band perform live.

My son and Apetersvt playing Fountain....ALifesonfan playing a great acoustic version of Natural Science...just a lot of fun.

Finding out that I was the one in the group who saw 2.gif first! (GUP Tour.)

Good people, good times.

More to follow.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 3 2007, 12:33 AM)
Just to start, being able to meet people from this board, and stick together in spite of closed parking lots and poor traffic direction was a small miracle.

Eating and laughing and playing music before the show are memories I will cherish for quite a long time to come.

Cajunboy traveling so far to see 2.gif and Stormshadow making it in spite of family business in Iowa. A lot of people went to great lengths to hook up before the show and see a great band perform live.

My son and Apetersvt playing Fountain....ALifesonfan playing a great acoustic version of Natural Science...just a lot of fun.

Good people, good times.

More to follow.

FUN TIMES, dude...fun times! Oh yea - and my buddy Mike who came with me to the show, ask me to thank you for the food biggrin.gif

QUOTE (workingman @ Jun 24 2007, 04:49 PM)
What can I say that hasn't been said already - the show was amazing. And seeing it from the front row (ORCH 2, Row A) with my wife was the best ever. Too bad we missed the TRF tailgate party (maybe next time), but yesterday was one of the best days I've ever had with perfect weather, awesome seats, etc...

Security didn't bother us at all over taking pictures and my wife took quite a few good ones last night. Enjoy.

Hey WorkingMan, I was front row center as well. My wife and I were in 7 and 8, right in front of Ged's mic. Don't know if you saw it, but about halfway through the second set, Alex started making eyes at a brunette. It was MY WIFE!!!! Unbelievable. I thought I was imagining it, but the drunk guy next to me said, "Dude,Alex is hitting on your wife." Didn't know whether to be pissed or proud. She was loving it. He came back over during Spirit and I shook my finger at him but I was smiling. He just laughed and walked back over to the Barbies.

BTW, were you near the guy who kept offering him beer?

QUOTE (McHoneybun @ Jun 29 2007, 02:03 PM)
This was my first time seeing Rush, i've been a fan of their music for about 11 years - (thanks to a very special college lecturer/mentor back in '96 who opened my eyes and ears to Rush, Zappa, Steely Dan and others, sadly he's no longer with us, but i'll always be grateful to him) -but this was the first chance i'd had to see Rush in concert.
When I still lived in Scotland I had wanted to see them on the R30 tour in Glasgow, but no such luck. So fast forward to 2007, i find myself in the USA and married(!), to a husband who is a huge Rush fan. So we went together on saturday night and I was blown away! We were in section 201, row B, seats 25 & 26.
Let me just say i had no idea how bloody expensive the tickets were!! (Me being a poor jobless Scot in the midst of immigration) - So $80 upwards per ticket is a lot of money to me, and i kinda understand now why my significant other didn't let me see the tickets til we were actually seated lol!!! I would have loved a t shirt, but there's no way in hell i could've afforded it (and WHY??? Are women's shirts always more expensive than guys'?! confused13.gif Even though there's more material used in a guy's t shirt!!)...And don't get me started on $10 for a can of lukewarm piss (miller light!) tongue.gif

But anyhoo, the main thing was the show and i could not have enjoyed it more, you really do get your money's worth, first of all you know that they are gonna be spot on musically..i mean, c'mon..it's RUSH!! Then the excellent visuals; the funny videos - (Geddy, me an you will be having words about that Scottish impression!!! Lol, he actually had the accent down pretty well!) - the amazing fireworks that seemed to shoot out and up from somewhere behind Neil! And did you guys feel the sheer heat from those flames that shot out all over the stage?! The footage of the dragon about to breathe fire which had actual flames come out from the stage was spot on! And of course, 3 solid hours of amazing music; you gotta admire these guys and their ability to keep their ethusiasm and energy going for 3 hours a night on those long tours.

But, the highlight for me was Neil's solo, i'd dreamt of one day being able to see that in the flesh, i have so much respect for the guy, (and i'm not even a drummer, i'm a guitarist!) - and i can honestly say, as i was watching between the stage itself and the huge close ups on the video screens, i had tears in my eyes, i was so overcome with the sheer amazement and joy of it all.
And since saturday i've suddenly become more Rush mad than i've ever been in my life 1022.gif ...where the hell have I been?!? lol

<<And don't get me started on $10 for a can of lukewarm piss (miller light!) >>

I hear you. We had some tasty beers in our tailgate. I have also learned to sneak in airplane bottles of liquor into the show. $1.15 a piece plus fewer bathroom trips than drinking beer.

Good people, good times.

More to follow.

We indeed did a great job staying together. I guess that was our first 'One Little Victory' of the night.

The 1.5 hours of tailgating simply wasn't enough.

I remember the old RFK Dead shows, we would be in the lot by noon at the latest for an evening show (at which we typically missed most of the opening act as well).

Good people, good times.

More to follow.

We indeed did a great job staying together. I guess that was our first 'One Little Victory' of the night.

The 1.5 hours of tailgating simply wasn't enough.

I remember the old RFK Dead shows, we would be in the lot by noon at the latest for an evening show (at which we typically missed most of the opening act as well).

Good people, good times.

More to follow.

i could not have said it better....THANKS YALL!!! trink39.gif

Well, me and my g/f missed the meet up at Bristow. Didn't even know about it until we got back. Missed the thread.

On another note though, as we were looking at pics tonight of the concerts on rushisaband.com, we found a decent shot that someone behind us took of the Orchestra area we were in near Alex's side.

Here is the original pic as it appears on rushisaband.com:

http://www.rushisaband.com/graphics/ti/full/304.jpg

And here is the cropped image I did. You can just see the back of my head and ponytail in the botom right corner of the pic. laugh.gif

Wearing the blue shirt...

http://home.comcast.net/~assbuster/Bristow_VA_crop.jpg

Anyway, while not a great pic, we thought that it was a cool coincidence to find it, and worth posting on TRF. It was a great night and a great concert. We'll probably go to the Cincy show also. cool.gif 2.gif on!

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Jul 1 2007, 09:06 PM)
WOW THOSE ARE SOME VERY CLOSE UP GREAT QUALITY PICTURES.. THANK YOU FOR SHARING THEM!

I'm assuming you are referring to the pics I posted which my wife took at the Nissan show - you (and everyone else) are very welcome. I still find it hard to believe what unfettered access my wife had from our front row seats to take pictures.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jul 1 2007, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 1 2007, 09:00 PM)
Washington Post review: 

(Note; scroll down) 

Nissan show review, pg 1

Nissan show review, pg 2

Not a bad review given Rush's history w/ the press.  Enjoy!  trink39.gif

Awesome. Thanks for the link man. smile.gif

Yes, the link is appreciated (although I saved the original writeup since I am a Washington Posxt subscriber and already read it).

trink39.gif

Archived