• Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion
    • '77 Fender Stratocaster - Black
    • Hentor Sportscaster - White
    • Hentor Sportscaster - Red
    • Fender Telecaster
    • Signature Aroura
    • PRS Singlecut CE22 and CE24
    • Gibson Les Paul Standards - Current

355 without a doubt. Has his name on the truss rod cover. IT was his main guitar for AFTK through Waves.

I'd have to go with the 77 Strat. That guitar was with him for quite a while. I just love the way it looks and sounds. I love the fact that it maintained the original bridge while the others got the Floyd installed yet, the black 77 stayed in tune just fine during the GUP video where he was using the trem bar almost all the time for vibrato. That's the sign of a well maintained guitar.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 14 2007, 09:57 AM)
I'd have to go with the 77 Strat. That guitar was with him for quite a while. I just love the way it looks and sounds. I love the fact that it maintained the original bridge while the others got the Floyd installed yet, the black 77 stayed in tune just fine during the GUP video where he was using the trem bar almost all the time for vibrato. That's the sign of a well maintained guitar.

I picked the black strat too...love it during the limelight video, you can't beat the all black with a blonde maple neck..(and when do you see alex playing on maple?..except the tele...)...I think it had a gibson pu and a floyd rose even that early...here are some pics from that vid..and one (close up) from the first 2 secs of the afterimage vid (with the floyd and bill lawerence pu)...JD

Either way, you can't really lose with this poll, except the signature...haha

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/j22douglas/hentor-black3.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/j22douglas/hentor-black2.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/j22douglas/hentor-black4.jpg

Tough choice between the ES-355 and the Howard Roberts Fusion...

while the ES-355 is certainly worth more, the Howard Roberts rarely comes out to play.

For some reason, I always associate the white 355 with him, the way the early 70's black Fender Jazz with maple fretboard became associated with Geddy. It's also a bit of an unusual guitar/color.

I see the Signatures still can't get any love!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I wouldnt steal any of them. I have too much respect for alex...

Of the ones listed, my favorite is the '77 ES-355. However, I feel almost like I have stolen his '68 sunburst ES-335...because the '67 ES-335 that I got this year is *very* similar, even in the heavy-handed way the dark edges were applied. It is a great guitar, and makes playing Rush licks quite fun. See more in my response from today in the PINNED guitarists thread!

idk what it is, if I ever seen him, the first thing I think of him playing is the Cream 355. I do like his other archtop models he has tho

I do love the ES, but I'm a strat man. Plus, I love a good joke. Give me the white Hentor.