Have you ever had your seats.....

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ May 18 2007, 01:59 PM)
I've never had my seat upgraded but it's been felt up a few times. biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

I got to squeeeeeeze into 3rd row center last tour in Nashville, courtesy of RR. wub.gif It was great until somebody started complaining that I was crowding them. Party-pooper!

That's the closest I've come to being upgraded.

I didn't get my seats upgraded, but during R30, my cousin and I were in the 4th row at the Indy show, and the ushers let the first 3 rows go up to the stage. My cousin walked over to the usher and talked to him for a second and then grabbed me and said, "The usher said it was ok to go up to the stage too." I don't know if you slipped him a $20 or what, but we were right at the front of the stage for the whole show. What an incredible experience!

1022.gif

I know I've told this story on the board before, but it's good for another round:

R30, SPAC. I had lawn seats because I didn't know if I would be able to go (was spending a summer out of state at the time and...well, long story that's so not important right now). Plus, I didn't have a lot of money being a college student, so yes, lawn seats it was. Of course I wanted to be right up at the edge of the pavillion for the show, so I got to the parking lot super early, like 1pm or something like that, and I was the first and only one there. So I parked myself at the gate with a good book, some snacks and just waited around until the gates were to open at 6 or so (I can't remember if that was the time but again...not important right now!). Eventually other people started coming to the gate to stake their place as well, including two former druggies (sober over a year when I met them, haha!) and this other man being very quiet. Being the Rush gal that I am, I started talking about Rush as if it were my job, upstaging most people around me about the knowledge I had. Hours later, the gates open and I'm first in line with ex-druggies and quiet man (who did speak some, but...again, wasn't as animated as I was). I ran into SPAC to get right up front and almost as soon as I get to the pavillion's edge, quiet guy catches up to me and says "Here, you want this?" I asked him what it was it was a single seat inside the ampitheatre, right near the sound board. I thought he was joking but he told me he tried to sell the extra ticket because he got an upgrade right by the stage, and no one wanted to buy it so it was pretty much useless to him -- plus, he heard all my yapping about the band. He knew I was a huge fan, so he gave me the ticket! Meanwhile ex-druggies are near us and were like "Hey, no fair!" but I was alone, and he didn't want to give one of the ex-druggies a ticket while one was left behind. Plus, their extent of Rush knowlege didn't go much past Tom Sawyer.

So, for about $40, I got to see Rush right smack in the middle of the lowerlevel of SPAC! It was pretty awesome trink39.gif

I've only ever had my seats upgraded on a commercial flight. Business Class is the only way to fly brothers and sisters.

I've seen Rush 13 times over the years and never had "that great a seat". I purchased pre show tickets this year for the Tweeter Center (at 10am when they first went on sale), and ended up with an OK seat in section 5.

Two days later I won a local radio station's contest for being the 25th caller for 2 Rush tickets.

I haven't yet received the tickets from the contest, but I'm hoping after 25 years of being a devoted fan, that the tickets I receive are first rate! Just once, I would love to seem them play their incredible music up close.

Moving Pictures Tour I walked down as far as I could from the side. Stage right about ten rows up looking down on Lifeson and I really remember the spinning green circles around him on the floor. No usher in sight.

Yeah me and hellobidies and some friends were in the back of the lawn blatantly smoking weed out of a glass pipe. Then a guy with a rush shirt and some ID tag around his neck comes up to us and we were all frantic trying to hide the stuff and he just says "do you guys want tickets close to the stage."

he hands all four of us third row tickets, it was pretty ridiculous.

This was for the R30 show in Indiana.

sadly.........no angry.gif

Archived