sick of this site

endlesslyrocking

QUOTE (endlesslyrocking @ May 2 2007, 07:19 AM)
to many mindless polls. so many negative fans. the album is out one day and there is already a post "what is the worst song". You people analyze everything too much. lighten up and enjoy the music or find another website to poison

also.....the album was leaked, so "the album has been out for one day", is flawed......as there are tons of Freeloaders hanging around here.

to many mindless polls. so many negative fans. the album is out one day and there is already a post "what is the worst song". You people analyze everything too much. lighten up and enjoy the music or find another website to poison

An opinion is like an asshole, everyone's got one, and the're always full of shit.

If you don't like this forum leave, everyone here is entitled to their opinions. If you dissagree with someone debate your opinion in an intellegent manner, don't just state random ill guided statements.

And have a nice day. firedevil.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 2 2007, 12:27 PM)
I knew for a long time this would happen - bitching and moaning from both camps once the new album was released. It happened with Vapor Trails.

However, this time it won't be "clipping" that will get the most discussion.

This is what I have seen and seeing now:

"I don't like Snakes and Arrows"

"You're not a true fan then. You're living in the past"

actually what I am seeing is more like there are some of those who don't like the album that can't stand the fact that the vast majority do. They have taken it upon themselves to post negatively about the album every chance they can get.

I don't have a problem with criticism, I've given you shit in the past CT about HYF, but this constant mantra of S&A sucks gets old really quick.

If there are those that don't like it.. great. But this board was founded with the intent to Celebrate Rush, and also to have a place on the web to hang out with like minded individuals. If you don't like the release, fine, state your opinion in a respectful way and move on. But this incessant attack on the release and the band, as if the band has personally gone into some of these posters home and killed their pet dogs, is getting ridiculous.

Yes, CT, there are some posters who have unfairly catagorized some of the naysayers, but that isn't the big problem here.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 2 2007, 01:18 PM)
I have nothing to add to this thread other than to just chime in and say absolutely nothing. Thanks for reading, and please proceed directly to the next post. tongue.gif

I think some of what i have read has not pleased me but everybody is entitled to their opinion,Goobs is right, take a chill pill,read it move on otherwise you will give yourself bloodpressure biggrin.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 2 2007, 03:46 PM)
I knew for a long time this would happen - bitching and moaning from both camps once the new album was released. It happened with Vapor Trails.

actually what I am seeing is more like there are some of those who don't like the album that can't stand the fact that the vast majority do. They have taken it upon themselves to post negatively about the album every chance they can get.

I don't have a problem with criticism, I've given you shit in the past CT about HYF, but this constant mantra of S&A sucks gets old really quick.

If there are those that don't like it.. great. But this board was founded with the intent to Celebrate Rush, and also to have a place on the web to hang out with like minded individuals. If you don't like the release, fine, state your opinion in a respectful way and move on. But this incessant attack on the release and the band, as if the band has personally gone into some of these posters home and killed their pet dogs, is getting ridiculous.

Yes, CT, there are some posters who have unfairly catagorized some of the naysayers, but that isn't the big problem here.

I was actually referring to something else and wasn't quite clear in that post.

I'm seeing a lot of over-emphasis on both sides - you've got the bashers of the album, which I don't think I'm doing, certainly no worse than any critic.

I don't dislike the album per se, I'm still undecided, but there's nothing that necessarily attracts me to it.

It's certainly better than Test for Echo

QUOTE (endlesslyrocking @ May 2 2007, 06:19 AM)
You people analyze everything too much. lighten up and enjoy the music or find another website to poison

You people?

Well, us people that have been here awhile aren't going anywhere. I know I'm not! To you, I'd suggest simply staying out of threads you know will annoy you confused13.gif I practice self-control on here all the time tongue.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 2 2007, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 2 2007, 03:46 PM)

I was actually referring to something else and wasn't quite clear in that post.

I'm seeing a lot of over-emphasis on both sides - you've got the bashers of the album, which I don't think I'm doing, certainly no worse than any critic.

I don't dislike the album per se, I'm still undecided, but there's nothing that necessarily attracts me to it.

It's certainly better than Test for Echo

CT, I hope you didn't interpret my post to mean I thought you were one of the sources of the problem. You are not. I actually enjoy reading your posts.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 2 2007, 01:27 PM)

I know exactly what you mean.

I don't see why just because one person dosen't like the new album, they're automaticly not "true" fans. Personally, I love the new album, but I'm not gonna set fire to someone's mother cause they don't.

This is what we should see:

a)"I don't really like S&A."

cool.gif"Well, do you like Moving pictures?"

a)"Well, Hell yeah!!"

cool.gif"That's cool."

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 2 2007, 02:46 PM)

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I would never bash 2.gif Although there are some albums and songs that I don't care for, they are still my favorite band!

I love the fact that they are still making music for all of us rush heads to chat about on this site.

Why so many negative posts guys? Such a good album should make everyone happy, not arguing.

cheer.gif

My roomate doesn't like this cd, but i'm trying to push it on him.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 2 2007, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 2 2007, 02:46 PM)

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I'll 2nd that, big time.

I personally don't have a problem with anyone not liking the CD and voicing their opinion claiming so. But with the way some of these members go about it, it's as though somebody hired them to denounce the release and try to make anyone who likes S&A feel wrong about it.

Thing is, they won't see it that way. So it probably won't stop. Oh well.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

Not everyone has the same opinion as you sorry if you werent taught that before. I agree somewhat, some people just like to hate on certain things or albums for attention but to say your sick of this site is just stupid. If you wanna leave go ahead but you yourself are just contributing to the problem you are complaining about.

It is a forum ... which means discussion ... if everyone had the same opinion, then there would be no discussion. There would be a topic posted, then every reply would be yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif or goodpost.gif ...

2.gif

Honestly, I don't see that many mindless polls, but lots of negative comments. I guess there are some people here who don't care for Snkaes and Arrows. It's a damn shame.

Maybe they should have named the album "Trolls and Arrows" tongue.gif

But seriously, I do see quite a lot of negative threads about the album. And it's not the one's that are negative simply because I don't agree. I've never had a problem with that. It's the "Trolls and Arrows" one's that bum me out. It's one thing to voice an opinion in the spirit of discussion. But what I see, is some people really trying to go out of their way to ruin everyone else's good time. And truly, what better time than a new Rush album, AND a tour to back it? 1022.gif

I could see how people, new to the site, that are excited about the new album (or Rush for that matter), might be turned off with a quick glance at the tone of the main topics. I've lurked and been a part of a lot of Rush sites through the years, and it would be a shame if people didn't get a chance to dig deeper into this great forum, and find the true nature of it's celebration.

I personally love the new album. I have enjoyed Rush through all their changes. Some albums more than others, but never disappointed. I believe this is the next evolution of Rush, and like many new directions they have taken in the past (also at times causing some fan fur to be ruffled), it sums up their past, while still being fresh, inventive, and forward looking. Pretty darn impressive for a band that's been doing all these things album after album, for all these years!

I guess in the back of my mind, and as silly as it sounds, I would be seriously bummed if Rush took a peek and decided to throw in the towel because they felt that even their best fan sites weren't supporting them anymore...... I know, I know! fing.gif biggrin.gif And quite frankly, for the majority of the people here, with positive or negative comments, not true.

OK, I'm sure I'll get razzed about something after making a response like this. But that's the fun of this forum, and the exact free discussion that made me finally pull out of lurk mode in the first place.

Humbly, P-Funk trink39.gif

Snakes & Arrows is an amazing album. 2.gif is still the best art rock band ever. 2.gif

Archived