Will we have another medley?

The Owl

I really loved the R30 medley, snippets of the first 6 albums leading right into The Spirit of Radio blew me away.

I would like to see an opening medley of that nature again.

But this time I would like to see them do their last 6 albums (excluding feedback) leading right into Far Cry as their first full song.

I'm thinking no opening medley. The R30 Overture was the perfect way to showcase and celebrate their early music without taking up 40 minutes of set time. The S&A tour is about the next step forward after that look back. We might see a couple of songs shortened and mashed together (like "Xanadu" on the last tour) but that's it. Just how I see it happening.

Will there be medleys?

Is a pig's ass pork?

Is the Pope German?

There will definitely be a medley, maybe two. Like 1-0-0-1 though, I seriously doubt they will open w/ one like R30. I expect a loud guitar opening, like Driven (not that I want to hear it again.) Maybe even Limelight, just to set the mood.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

The fewer medleys the better IMO. They'll open with One Little Victory I think. I'd personally like to see no medleys whatsoever this time around. Just well-picked full songs; Jacob's Ladder, Marathon, etc.

Since the rumors and hints are flying about that they intend to go back in time and go a bit "classic", I'm thinking some of the GUP era medleys might make a comeback.

For a taste of something ofa surprise and new, I'm thinking a possible Fear medley could replace the R30 Overture and would probably be a big hit with the fans, except the ones who will complain that they wanted to hear all 4 songs.

After watching the 94 Hemisphere edition on You Tube, I do't see them doing that unless it gets stepped way down for Geddy's voice. An instrumental Hemispheres wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Apr 29 2007, 03:14 PM)
The fewer medleys the better IMO. They'll open with One Little Victory I think. I'd personally like to see no medleys whatsoever this time around. Just well-picked full songs; Jacob's Ladder, Marathon, etc.

Yeah, medleys blow chunks. Why have a song if you don't play it?

I really liked the R30 medley, one of my favorites. It did leave me wanting more of the entire songs though. I'm looking forward to some songs from the vault, medley or not.

Please, no more medleys. I always feel cheated. I would have rather heard all of Finding My Way, of Passage to Bangkok, or Bastille Day, instead of the medley. They don't leave any memorable impression on me. I don't remember hearing anyone after the show say, "Oh my God I can't believe they played the medley. Yes!" But I heard tons of people say, "Between the Wheels was simply amazing!"

QUOTE (Finbar @ Apr 30 2007, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Apr 29 2007, 03:14 PM)
The fewer medleys the better IMO.  I'd personally like to see no medleys whatsoever this time around. Just well-picked full songs; Jacob's Ladder, Marathon, etc.

Yeah, medleys blow chunks. Why have a song if you don't play it?

Problem is, at this point in time Rush has too many songs. They feel obligated to play songs like Tom Sawyer in case a casual fan is seeing them for the first time. Medleys are a great way to get a bunch of overplayed hits out of the way, leaving more time to play songs for the hardcore fans.

Ya I didn't mind the R30 medley either. It sounded and looked great from where I was standing/sitting. Mostly everyone else in the Molson Ampitheatre seemed to think so too.

MEDLEYS!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2007, 02:52 PM)
I'm thinking no opening medley. The R30 Overture was the perfect way to showcase and celebrate their early music without taking up 40 minutes of set time. The S&A tour is about the next step forward after that look back. We might see a couple of songs shortened and mashed together (like "Xanadu" on the last tour) but that's it. Just how I see it happening.

I agree. I say no medlies please. All or nothing.

I'd be in favor of scrapping the medleys to make room for some serious jamming. As in the whole 18 minutes of The Main Monkey toejam and then top it off with some MalNar croutons.

Yeah.

Archived