THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 22 2007, 12:12 PM)
As someone who didnt really have a stake in either team, it was a very entertaining football game. Especially as the unsung heros of football, the O-lineman, got to score two touchdowns! smile.gif

yes.gif The play-offs in general have been excellent to watch biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 22 2007, 07:42 AM)
As someone who didnt really have a stake in either team, it was a very entertaining football game.  Especially as the unsung heros of football, the O-lineman, got to score two touchdowns!  smile.gif

I would agree - very competitive in one way or another.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 22 2007, 08:17 AM)
As someone who didnt really have a stake in either team, it was a very entertaining football game.  Especially as the unsung heros of football, the O-lineman, got to score two touchdowns!  smile.gif

I would agree - very competitive in one way or another.

it's another wink.gif

Almost yes.

sad.gif

They HAVE TO RESIGN Asante Samuel !!!!!!!!

This guy is working his way into being a shutdown DB. He's young pay him some good money. I know the way they do it and this position is or should be a top value spot.

QUOTE (Batman @ Feb 3 2007, 07:27 AM)
They HAVE TO RESIGN Asante Samuel !!!!!!!!

This guy is working his way into being a shutdown DB. He's young pay him some good money. I know the way they do it and this position is or should be a top value spot.

goodpost.gif

it's a good move, no matter the turn out. They gave up a 4th round pick. So if he reverts back to form, they got a steal, and Brady will have the best recieving group he's had since he's been in the league. If he can't get with the program, he gets cut, and all they lose is a 4th round pick. Bellicheck and Pioli are betting that with the players the Pats have in the locker room, Moss will be less of a head case, and he won't have to be the focal point of the team, with big names like Brady, Bruschi, Vrable, Wilfork, and Seymore. It did work with another supposed head case/trouble maker they got from Cincinnati, Cory Dillion.

What did concern me was the way the Pats got rid of a lot of their draft picks in the early goings. They used the 24 pick to take Merriweather from Miami, and that will help improve the defensive backfield (and eventually he'll replace Harrison), but then they traded the 28 pick to San Fransico (for next year's 1st rounder) traded their 2nd round for next year's 2nd round, a third round pick to the Raiders for a 4th rounder this year.....The Patriots always make good use of their draft picks, so it makes me wonder when they don't use them. They did stockpile for next year, and if there's one thing that Bellicheck and Pioli have proven it is that they know how to evaluate talent.

You guys can have RANDY MOSS.

I am glad the cancer has been removed from the Silver And Black Intestine.

I am sure the son of a bitch will actually run his routes for you guys. Randy Candy Glass Moss can kiss my ass.

I just threw out my jersey and my Reebok Number 18 t shirt.

GARBAGE!

I am sure Randy will light it up for you guys with Tom Brady at the helm.

He will actually try now that he is on a winner.

We have JaMarcus Russell now so the Silver and Black Pirate ship just dodged another cannon blast.

By the way that SNOWJOB killed me.

Just like that Kirk Gibson home run in the 1988 World Series against the A's.

Life goes on.

Good Luck with Moss.

Last I heard a rolling stone gathers no Moss.

Seems the Patriots are just "Too Rolling Stoned" just like Randy.

Sincerely,

Robin Trower

GO RAIDERS!!!!

QUOTE (Batman @ Apr 30 2007, 10:36 AM)
He Falls in line or He gets cut.

All for a fourth round Pick and a pay cut! rofl3.gif

No wonder the rest of the league hates the Pats.

1287.gif

They got a good deal with Moss but the Pats seem to be shifting from the philosophy that made them champions.

They didn't re-sign Patton but signed Stallworth through free-agency? Weird. The Pats also picked up a dozen players through free agency in the off-season which is completely uncharacteristic of them. In the past, they maintained their success through the DRAFT and now they are over paying older players via free agency. They are obviously putting all of the cards on the table for next season and it might work. It might backfire also. I've experienced this as a Cowboys fan in the late 90's. In two years, the Pats will be an aging salary-cap strapped team. Good luck next year guys. You should have one hell of a team for a season or two.

Well said there Compass.

I hate Moss, but it wouldn't surprize me if Randy wakes up and becomes a superstar again.

Brady to Moss! TOUCHDOWN!!

I can hear that all year long on ESPN. Just a gut feeling.

Saying that though, yeah I am a Patriot Hater.

Why not?

THE TUCK RULE still haunts me.

That's life.

I would have to say that there are more Raider Haters in the world that Patriot Haters.

I don't care.

I will love the Raiders, A's, Warriors, and Sharks until I die.

If Randy gets a Ring with the Pats this year I might jump off the Golden Gate Bridge.

1287.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 30 2007, 01:24 PM)
They got a good deal with Moss but the Pats seem to be shifting from the philosophy that made them champions. 

They didn't re-sign Patton but signed Stallworth through free-agency?  Weird.  The Pats also picked up a dozen players through free agency in the off-season which is completely uncharacteristic of them.  In the past, they maintained their success through the DRAFT and now they are over paying older players via free agency.  They are obviously putting all of the cards on the table for next season and it might work.  It might backfire also.  I've experienced this as a Cowboys fan in the late 90's.  In two years, the Pats will be an aging salary-cap strapped team.  Good luck next year guys.  You should have one hell of a team for a season or two.

All of the Contracts have Team options. They seem BIG$ but really they won't be there to see any of it.

I am a Cowboys fan and they seem to be doing it right this time.

As for The Character issue COX had Issues so did Harrison,Dillon and others.

The Two spots they seem long in the tooth is LB and the Defensive Backs they have a few younger guys but they have to first pay Asante.

I just think they have the right type of locker room to stop any distraction before they get out of hand.

I could be wrong about this But it still seems worth the gamble on Moss.

Man I can't wait for the Season to start!!!!!!!!!!

yes.gif

Edited by Batman

QUOTE (Batman @ Apr 30 2007, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 30 2007, 01:24 PM)

They didn't re-sign Patton but signed Stallworth through free-agency?  Weird.  The Pats also picked up a dozen players through free agency in the off-season which is completely uncharacteristic of them.  In the past, they maintained their success through the DRAFT and now they are over paying older players via free agency.  They are obviously putting all of the cards on the table for next season and it might work.  It might backfire also.  I've experienced this as a Cowboys fan in the late 90's.  In two years, the Pats will be an aging salary-cap strapped team.  Good luck next year guys.  You should have one hell of a team for a season or two.

All of the Contracts have Team options. They seem BIG$ but really they won't be there to see any of it.

I am a Cowboys fan and they seem to be doing it right this time.

As for The Character issue COX had Issues so did Harrison,Dillon and others.

The Two spots they seem long in the tooth is LB and the Defensive Backs they have a few younger guys but they have to first pay Asante.

I just think they have the right type of locker room to stop any distraction before they get out of hand.

I could be wrong about this But it still seems worth the gamble on Moss.

Man I can't wait for the Season to start!!!!!!!!!!

yes.gif

Remember that the signing bonuses are guaranteed and they usually stretch them for several years.