Ed Wood

mortkort

Martin Landau was very convincing as Bela Lugosi. I know he was nominated for an Academy Award; I think he won.

if you want further entertainment, watch an actual ed wood movie.

An a big fan of both Tim Burton and Ed Wood (I'd take him over Tarantino anyday - you think I'm joking!!!!), I absolutely love this film.

Of course, you get the usual group of Burton semi-regs (Johnny Depp, Lisa Marie, Jeffrey Jones, etc) along with a superb performance from Martin Landau (and his daughter Juliet drool1.gif ). In addition, TB even managed to coax an not-too obnoxious piece from Bill Murray (not one of my favs).

So yes, I'm a big fan of Ed Wood - any film that uses that much teramin on the soundtrack can't be that bad.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 5 2007, 01:24 PM)
An a big fan of both Tim Burton and Ed Wood (I'd take him over Tarantino anyday - you think I'm joking!!!!), I absolutely love this film.

Of course, you get the usual group of Burton semi-regs (Johnny Depp, Lisa Marie, Jeffrey Jones, etc) along with a superb performance from Martin Landau (and his daughter Juliet drool1.gif ). In addition, TB even managed to coax an not-too obnoxious piece from Bill Murray (not one of my favs).

So yes, I'm a big fan of Ed Wood - any film that uses that much teramin on the soundtrack can't be that bad.

Slaine! Where have you been, dude? Nice to see you again!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 5 2007, 12:24 PM)

bekloppt.gif Slaine!!

Nice to see you!!

i'm a Tim Burton fan...

this was one of my favorites!!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 5 2007, 06:04 AM)
Martin Landau was very convincing as Bela Lugosi. I know he was nominated for an Academy Award; I think he won.

He did, and they cut off his speech.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 5 2007, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 5 2007, 01:24 PM)

Of course, you get the usual group of Burton semi-regs (Johnny Depp, Lisa Marie, Jeffrey Jones, etc) along with a superb performance from Martin Landau (and his daughter Juliet drool1.gif ).  In addition, TB even managed to coax an not-too obnoxious piece from Bill Murray (not one of my favs).

Slaine! Where have you been, dude? Nice to see you again!

As has been noted elsewhere, I'm going through a few problems of a personal nature. Partially because of this, I can only log on when I can get to the local library so my time is limited.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Feb 7 2007, 06:30 AM)
only Burton/Depp film i haven't seen i do believe.

i'll have to check it out.

so is it about a real person? i didn't know Ed Wood was a real person. although i really don't know ANYTHING about the movie at all other than it's burton and depp lol.

yeah, Ed Wood was a producer, actor and writer if i'm not mistaken.

you be sure to check it out!

QUOTE (mortkort @ Feb 21 2007, 05:51 AM)

so is it about a real person? i didn't know Ed Wood was a real person. although i really don't know ANYTHING about the movie at all other than it's burton and depp lol.

Ed Wood is the man responsible for Plan 9 From Outer Space and Glen or Glenda?, among others.

And yes, check this movie out... yes.gif

QUOTE (Maddy @ Feb 21 2007, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Feb 21 2007, 05:51 AM)

Ed Wood is the man responsible for Plan 9 From Outer Space and Glen or Glenda?, among others.

And yes, check this movie out... yes.gif

yep cool10.gif