Superbowl: Who takes it?

Slime

Who is gonna win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is gonna win?

• Colts
    • Bears

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 2 2007, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2007, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Feb 2 2007, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2007, 01:23 PM)
Hey people.  Don't discount the dome factor.  Dome teams don't do well in big games outdoors.  I know it's quirky but it is a trend.  The Bears score points in many different ways.  Returns from kickoffs, punts and defensively.  If the Bears even get the slightest lead, the Colts will be in big trouble.  The Bears will use their punishing run attack against the Colts SOFT defense.  Make no mistake about it, the Colts are SOFT against the run.  Especially in the middle.  Manning still has a choke left in him.

Unless it is stormy, I do not believe the fact that it isn't a dome will be a factor. It is the Superbowl and the field will be tight. But, who knows ... I just hope it is a good game.

I know that it's merely a trend but can you name one dome team that has won a Super Bowl? I can't think of one.

Rams

True. And they were the exception with all offense and no defense. Wait a minute, that sounds just like the Colts.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 3 2007, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2007, 07:41 PM)
Urlacher has been arguably the best linebacker in the game since Lawrence Taylor (IMO),

Not to change subjects... but did you ever hear of JUNIOR SEAU???

Just curious? tongue.gif

It's debatable. I think that Urlacher is an overall better LB. His coverage skills supersede Seau's.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2007, 06:02 PM)
da Bears.  I have many reasons.........

And all of them WRONG

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2007, 06:23 PM)
Hey people.  Don't discount the dome factor.  Dome teams don't do well in big games outdoors.  I know it's quirky but it is a trend.  The Bears score points in many different ways.  Returns from kickoffs, punts and defensively.  If the Bears even get the slightest lead, the Colts will be in big trouble.  The Bears will use their punishing run attack against the Colts SOFT defense.  Make no mistake about it, the Colts are SOFT against the run.  Especially in the middle.  Manning still has a choke left in him.

Manning didn't choke against the Pats, I told you you can drop that tag now...you said he had one more "choke" in him...WRONG

Now all you killjoys get off his back, Manning deserves a ring and he's got it tongue.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 4 2007, 09:47 PM)

Manning didn't choke against the Pats, I told you you can drop that tag now...you said he had one more "choke" in him...WRONG

Now all you killjoys get off his back, Manning deserves a ring and he's got it tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

I agree, Peyton definitely deserved a ring.

QUOTE (AdrenalineRush @ Feb 5 2007, 03:01 AM)

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

You a Fins fan by any chance?

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Feb 5 2007, 03:11 AM)
The colts thoroughly outplayed the Bears in almost every aspect. Congrats to the Colts and their fans, they should be proud.

goodpost.gif

As both teams fumbled and fumbled in the beginning, I was reminded that the Colts had won Super Bowl V, which was nicknamed the "Comedy of Errors." This one was Comedy of Errors II. Only fitting that the Colts won this one, too.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 5 2007, 03:23 AM)
As both teams fumbled and fumbled in the beginning, I was reminded that the Colts had won Super Bowl V, which was nicknamed the "Comedy of Errors." This one was Comedy of Errors II. Only fitting that the Colts won this one, too.

I think the conditions plus the Bears abilty to strip the ball had something to do with that wink.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 4 2007, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (AdrenalineRush @ Feb 5 2007, 03:01 AM)

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

You a Fins fan by any chance?

trink39.gif

ehh, not really. I'm all for the Jaguars! Hopefully the Colts won't go 9-0 to start every season and we might actually have a chance to win the division.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 2 2007, 06:24 PM)
I'm going with the Bears.

I NEVER root for the NFC, but I HAAAAAAATTTTE Manning. I hate his dad. I hate Eli. I hate his mom for bearing them. I hope he gets broken in half even before he has time to choke. yes.gif

Oh... did i say i hate peyton manning?

Sorry CT. I hope he's still cute enough for you after Urlacher rips him apart.

laugh.gif

Sorry CT.  I hope he's still cute enough for you after Urlacher rips him apart.

what?

Sorry, I didn't hear you. Could ya speak up?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did Peyton Manning survive without a scratch, he gets a ring and a fabulous new red car!

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 4 2007, 10:30 PM)
As both teams fumbled and fumbled in the beginning, I was reminded that the Colts had won Super Bowl V, which was nicknamed the "Comedy of Errors."  This one was Comedy of Errors II.  Only fitting that the Colts won this one, too.

I think the conditions plus the Bears abilty to strip the ball had something to do with that wink.gif

Conditions were a big influence, no doubt. Still, I couldn't help but make the connection.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 5 2007, 03:32 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 2 2007, 06:24 PM)
I'm going with the Bears. 

I NEVER root for the NFC, but I HAAAAAAATTTTE Manning.  I hate his dad.  I hate Eli.  I hate his mom for bearing them.  I hope he gets broken in half even before he has time to choke.  yes.gif 

Oh... did i say i hate peyton manning? 

laugh.gif

what?

Sorry, I didn't hear you. Could ya speak up?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did Peyton Manning survive without a scratch, he gets a ring and a fabulous new red car!

z7shysterical.gif

Joking apart I thought Manning would do okay again tonight, afterall they played the Ravens in Baltimore and beat them, I watched that game and Manning wasn't sacked once, correct me if I'm wrong but against the Bears D he wasn't sacked again tonight. That one helluva an offensive line yes.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 5 2007, 03:37 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 4 2007, 10:30 PM)
As both teams fumbled and fumbled in the beginning, I was reminded that the Colts had won Super Bowl V, which was nicknamed the "Comedy of Errors."  This one was Comedy of Errors II.  Only fitting that the Colts won this one, too.

Conditions were a big influence, no doubt. Still, I couldn't help but make the connection.

Fair enough, it's an interesting comparison. smile.gif

The trends were all wrong. A dome team won outside in the pouring rain, the key factor wasnt Manning as much as their running and the LINESMEN who did one hell of a blocking job, opening holes big enough for a 747. Manning did not choke, Grossman is still a bona fide bum and all the conventional wisdom went down the toilet. smile.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 5 2007, 03:41 AM)
Manning was sacked once in the fourth quarter.

Sacked only once against the 2 best defences in the NFL speaks volumes wink.gif

Archived