Poker on TV

rushgoober

For the life of me I can't understand why I like watching this. I don't play poker, though mostly because I'm not into gambling, and I really have no interest in playing poker, but for some reason when they show the tournaments on tv, I'm mesmerized by them. Why is that? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 13 2007, 01:47 PM)
THE WORST PART.... it's on ESPN!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I mean... they lie to us and say that golf and bowling and lawn darts are a sport... but POKER??? C'mon... Nascar is more of a sport than POKER!!! yes.gif

goodpost.gif

True, but Nascar is awful. 062802puke_prv.gif

I love playing Hold 'Em, but can only watch it on TV when celebrities are playing.

And I'll take Poker anyday over wrestling or Nascar!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 13 2007, 04:47 PM)
THE WORST PART.... it's on ESPN!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I mean... they lie to us and say that golf and bowling and lawn darts are a sport... but POKER??? C'mon... Nascar is more of a sport than POKER!!! yes.gif

goodpost.gif

ESPN2 is awesome. They have the best sporting events. Like the Lumberjack competition, Spelling, Bee, Armwrestling Competion, Trick Shot Pool, Pool, Bowling, and Darts.

They take them all so serious.

laugh.gif

This thread reminded me to watch Rocky 4 tonight on ESPN Classic!!

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jan 14 2007, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 13 2007, 04:47 PM)
THE WORST PART.... it's on ESPN!!!  062802puke_prv.gif 

I mean... they lie to us and say that golf and bowling and lawn darts are a sport... but POKER???  C'mon... Nascar is more of a sport than POKER!!!  yes.gif 

goodpost.gif

ESPN2 is awesome. They have the best sporting events. Like the Lumberjack competition, Spelling, Bee, Armwrestling Competion, Trick Shot Pool, Pool, Bowling, and Darts.

They take them all so serious.

laugh.gif

This thread reminded me to watch Rocky 4 tonight on ESPN Classic!!

You just reminded me of the movie "Dodgeball," where the dodgeball finals are covered on "ESPN 8" (affectionately called "the eight" by sports fans).

ESPN eight??? BWAHAHAHAHA!!

I like watching poker on TV but ONLY if the pros are at it. Most celebrities are not great poker players, though a few exceptions exist (I think James Woods does decently in the WPT event).

I've also seen trick shot pool and darts on TV. Hell, if Korea can televise matches of Starcraft, then truly anything is fair game for sports TV. I like Starcraft though, so I won't bash.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 14 2007, 06:23 PM)
I saw a jump rope competition on ESPN2 one time...and for god knows whatever reason I was watching pool and one of the commentators said "if you don't leave here loving nine ball, YOU DON'T HAVE A PULSE!" rofl3.gif

Jump Rope?!?! That would be awesome. laugh.gif

And don't forget about eating contests.