Another question for the gals

Slime

QUOTE (Slime @ Dec 8 2006, 08:01 PM)
Thanks for complimenting my thread biggrin.gif

I try my best to have interesting threads like this. The purpose of this one is to figure out one key aspect of the female psyche (the one that annoys me). Plus I want to use this information to find me some bitches!!! laugh.gif

ask away, mr.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2006, 07:43 AM)
QUOTE (Slime @ Dec 9 2006, 12:19 AM)
My secret is out at last wink.gif

dazed025.gif

Never start out serious and get the respect of the NWW, and then swerve them with comedy or silliness. no.gif

You'll be hated almost as much as DaveyT.

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Dec 7 2006, 09:04 PM)
Ok ladies, here's something that's been on my mind since forever.

If a guy tells you that you are good looking or beautiful, why do you disbelieve him? Do you think he's lying? Just saying nice things so he doesn't get smacked? This is something that you women will have to explain to me, since I cannot see how any rational and good looking female can deny that they at least aren't hideous. But unfortunately, MOST (in the 99% range here folks) women I personally know and have talked to are totally DOWN on their beauty.

Let me give you a standard guys perspective on a woman who is down on her beauty.

1) It pisses us off like NOTHING else. Even thinking about it is causing me to get annoyed right now. Trying to compliment a woman on her beauty AND having her accept it is like trying to empty the ocean with an eyedropper.

2) We aren't lying to you when we say things like "You are beautiful". Trust us.

3) What good does it do when you consistently degrade your own beauty EVERY SINGLE TIME we try to say nice things about it?

Anyway, I'll leave the floor open to the ladies on this one, assuming they aren't out to kill me now  biggrin.gif

1) Here's your eyedropper. Make sure you find the right ocean.

If you try to lie to a woman and say she's beautiful when you really don't think she is, you're in for some frustration. She will make you tell her again and again until she believes you (which will be never.)

But, if you tell a beautiful woman how beautiful she is when you mean it, she will tell you to shut up about it already before long. She's knows you mean it, and she's heard enough for now. You will be notified when its time to resume the compliments by the asking of a question (e.g. does this make my butt look big?)

2) Not trusting until you are proven trustworthy. What can you do to be deemed trustworthy? I'm not giving any of those secrets away. Forget about it.

3) If you get to that point, you obviously missed standard #1. Happy Eyedropping smile.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 10 2006, 01:52 PM)
This whole thread makes me want to get on my knees and thank the good Lord above for allowing me to already be married to a really wonderful women. If I had to go back to the dating scene I think I would probably blow my brains out instead.

Oh man what a suck ass. laugh.gif

tongue.gif

That's not what you told me in chat the one night. laugh.gif

Just kidding Failte. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 10 2006, 03:50 AM)
QUOTE (Slime @ Dec 7 2006, 09:04 PM)
Ok ladies, here's something that's been on my mind since forever.

If a guy tells you that you are good looking or beautiful, why do you disbelieve him? Do you think he's lying? Just saying nice things so he doesn't get smacked? This is something that you women will have to explain to me, since I cannot see how any rational and good looking female can deny that they at least aren't hideous. But unfortunately, MOST (in the 99% range here folks) women I personally know and have talked to are totally DOWN on their beauty.

Let me give you a standard guys perspective on a woman who is down on her beauty.

1) It pisses us off like NOTHING else. Even thinking about it is causing me to get annoyed right now. Trying to compliment a woman on her beauty AND having her accept it is like trying to empty the ocean with an eyedropper.

2) We aren't lying to you when we say things like "You are beautiful". Trust us.

3) What good does it do when you consistently degrade your own beauty EVERY SINGLE TIME we try to say nice things about it?

Anyway, I'll leave the floor open to the ladies on this one, assuming they aren't out to kill me now  biggrin.gif

1) Here's your eyedropper. Make sure you find the right ocean.

If you try to lie to a woman and say she's beautiful when you really don't think she is, you're in for some frustration. She will make you tell her again and again until she believes you (which will be never.)

But, if you tell a beautiful woman how beautiful she is when you mean it, she will tell you to shut up about it already before long. She's knows you mean it, and she's heard enough for now. You will be notified when its time to resume the compliments by the asking of a question (e.g. does this make my butt look big?)

2) Not trusting until you are proven trustworthy. What can you do to be deemed trustworthy? I'm not giving any of those secrets away. Forget about it.

3) If you get to that point, you obviously missed standard #1. Happy Eyedropping smile.gif

I guess my problem is that I feel I'm VERY trustworthy. The ladies I know trust me about other stuff. They know I'm not the lying type. So why can't they just STOP bashing themselves all the time??

I'm not pestering anybody with my statement nor am I stalking them with constant private messages (and neither are you, Rolinda sad.gif ). I am not playing a record for them that repeats the message for 80 minutes. I'm simply saying it when I think needs to be said. Quite often it happens when they BASH. I cannot emphasize too much how beautiful women BASH themselves. I simply seek to counter their BS with some truth. Unfortunately, every woman I know seems to be comparing herself to somebody else, be it celebrities (who I've never found that great looking, to be honest) or some other girl they know.

Thanks for the eyedropper.

QUOTE (Slime @ Dec 10 2006, 05:32 PM)
nor am I stalking them with constant private messages (and neither are you, Rolinda  sad.gif  ).

doh.gif

I'll get right on that...sorreh,,, just as soon as I'm done cleaning the house.

I hafta finish my chores, or I can't go to the ball. sad.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Dec 7 2006, 08:46 PM)
1. It's always hard to accept a compliment.

2. We dont want to appear as if we have a big ego by automatically believeing something that is important to most women.

Being told your beautiful is a big thing for women! It's just not easy believing it!

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 10 2006, 05:50 PM)

2) Not trusting until you are proven trustworthy.  What can you do to be deemed trustworthy?  I'm not giving any of those secrets away.  Forget about it.

What possible reason would there be for keeping this a secret? If it's such a good thing then why hide it? Wouldn't you want men to know how women would like to be treated? Just asking.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 10 2006, 10:33 PM)

2) Not trusting until you are proven trustworthy.  What can you do to be deemed trustworthy?  I'm not giving any of those secrets away.  Forget about it.

What possible reason would there be for keeping this a secret? If it's such a good thing then why hide it? Wouldn't you want men to know how women would like to be treated? Just asking.

Thats true. Why does it always have to be a game.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 10 2006, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 10 2006, 10:33 PM)

Thats true. Why does it always have to be a game.

I know this may come as a surprise to you two, but some men would use these tactics to gain trust even though they don't mean what they are saying or have ulterior motives for saying it.

As long as you're being honest, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. smile.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 10 2006, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 10 2006, 01:52 PM)
This whole thread makes me want to get on my knees and thank the good Lord above for allowing me to already be married to a really wonderful women.  If I had to go back to the dating scene I think I would probably blow my brains out instead.

Oh man what a suck ass. laugh.gif

tongue.gif

That's not what you told me in chat the one night. laugh.gif

Just kidding Failte. tongue.gif

i've trained him well wink.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Archived