An evening with Adrienne Barbeau

circumstantial tree

I went to see "the Fog", one of my favorite horror movies, last Friday in Durham which was hosted in person by Adrienne Barbeau!

Before the film commenced, she came out on stage to much applause and explained certain facts and trivia about the Fog as well as a small bit of info regarding her acting career. After watching the movie, which began with previews of other films she starred in (Swamp Thing, Creepshow, Two Evil Eyes, and Cannonball Run), she came back onstage and talked some more about her career and taking questions from the audience.

She was married to John Carpenter at that time and I had wanted to ask if he, or even she, was a Rush fan, but I didn't. Sorry.

After the questions, we all got in line for autographs and pics with her. I didn't get a pic, but I do have her autograph on my copy of "The Fog" DVD. It simply states "To Kelly, Best Wishes - Adrienne Barbeau"

Very nice woman and not at all stand-offish.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/62/200px-Adrienne_Barbeau.jpg

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 25 2006, 03:46 PM)

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/62/200px-Adrienne_Barbeau.jpg

Very easy on the eyes as well, even today.

More recently, I've seen her as Oswald's (Deidrich Bader) mom on the Drew Carey Show.

QUOTE (Geds @ Oct 25 2006, 05:00 PM)
Did she mention escape from new york?

GREAT movie! Do you have the collector's edition DVD? If not, you should! yes.gif

Yeah, she mentioned "Escape from New York". I think I saw that a long time ago.

She is married to Billy Van Zandt, I believe? And yes, she does have twins.

By the way, that pic is from 1973 when she was on the tv show "Maude".

She pretty much brought up the fact that acting is, afterall, a job and many things from past movies she couldn't recall.

One guy in the audience asked if the jazz music her character played on "The Fog" was available but she didn't think it was. One of the songs she played in the movie was from a band called the Coup de Villes, a group that John Carpenter had actually been in.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 25 2006, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 25 2006, 03:46 PM)

Very easy on the eyes as well, even today.

They're beautiful in this picture. yes.gif

I mean SHE'S beautiful! doh.gif

oops.gif

blush4.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 25 2006, 11:05 PM)
They didn't call her Adrienne Bar-boobs for nuttin'.................

Hey! *I* didn't make up the nickname! confused13.gif

bolt.gif

I once read an article which postulated that a 'bad girl' could be identified by making a possession of her last name by her first... and seeing if the result made sense. You know, like:

Morgan's Fairchild

Racquel's Welch

Adrienne's Barbeau

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 25 2006, 01:46 PM)
I went to see "the Fog", one of my favorite horror movies, last Friday in Durham which was hosted in person by Adrienne Barbeau!

Before the film commenced, she came out on stage to much applause and explained certain facts and trivia about the Fog as well as a small bit of info regarding her acting career. After watching the movie, which began with previews of other films she starred in (Swamp Thing, Creepshow, Two Evil Eyes, and Cannonball Run), she came back onstage and talked some more about her career and taking questions from the audience.

She was married to John Carpenter at that time and I had wanted to ask if he, or even she, was a Rush fan, but I didn't. Sorry.

After the questions, we all got in line for autographs and pics with her. I didn't get a pic, but I do have her autograph on my copy of "The Fog" DVD. It simply states "To Kelly, Best Wishes - Adrienne Barbeau"

She was a hot babe then. I remember her on "Maude". She kinda reminds me a little of my 1st love Tracey. Not much but a little. unsure.gif

I enjoyed meeting her, for sure. I barely remember seeing "Cannonball Run", but I'll have to rent it sometime.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 31 2006, 10:41 AM)
I enjoyed meeting her, for sure. I barely remember seeing "Cannonball Run", but I'll have to rent it sometime.

She and another girl drove a Lamborghini, and whenever they got stopped, they unzipped their tops a little. Until they got stopped by officer Valerie Perrine, and she said, "Now I dont suppose you have alicense in there somewhere?" showing her own cleavage.

AB also was Thorton Melon's (Rodney Dangerfield's) wife in Back To School - small part but funny.

Upon catching her on the counter in a back room of kitchen with another guy:

"Oh Thorton youre IMPOSSIBLE!" - AB

"Yeah, and youre easy!" - Rodney

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 31 2006, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 31 2006, 10:41 AM)

She and another girl drove a Lamborghini, and whenever they got stopped, they unzipped their tops a little. Until they got stopped by officer Valerie Perrine, and she said, "Now I dont suppose you have alicense in there somewhere?" showing her own cleavage.

AB also was Thorton Melon's (Rodney Dangerfield's) wife in Back To School - small part but funny.

Upon catching her on the counter in a back room of kitchen with another guy:

"Oh Thorton youre IMPOSSIBLE!" - AB

"Yeah, and youre easy!" - Rodney

Yeah I remember now. She played a real bitch in "Back To School". I have that movie on videotape.

I like it when Thornton (Rodney Dangerfield) says, "She took me to the cleaners and took my pants as well!" unsure.gif

The Fog was on TV the other night but I always thought it was just an ok chiller... When I first saw it I was disappointed, I thought they'd made a film version of the James Herbert horror novel which is a far better story...

http://www.eternalnight.co.uk/books/h/herbertjames/thefog.jpg

Wasn't she in "Trilogy of Terror"? If my memory serves, she was. That is the creepiest movie I have ever seen. The thing with the evil tribal doll that flew out of the oven, hid under the couch and stabbed at her with it's spear? God! Freaked the doo doo out of me. I still get the creeps just thinking about it. scared.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 3 2006, 12:57 AM)
Wasn't she in "Trilogy of Terror"? If my memory serves, she was. That is the creepiest movie I have ever seen. The thing with the evil tribal doll that flew out of the oven, hid under the couch and stabbed at her with it's spear? God! Freaked the doo doo out of me. I still get the creeps just thinking about it.  scared.gif

I remember that! But it was Karen Black in that one. That voodoo doll was GREAT! I need to see it again. 1022.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/trilogyterror.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/terrordoll.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/char47_terror_doll.jpg