Cinderella Man: to bring it back on tour

treeduck

So we're pretty sure Fly By Night and The Camera Eye are dead and buried. What about another oldie Cinderella Man? The vocals are not in the High High register, the vocals are pretty low in places, it kind of flucuates, it's doable I think. The solo is a good excuse to bring out the wah wah pedal, a grooving bass part underneath that and it's one of those underrated tunes that would be welcomed by most fans (except people who particularly don't like it), it's not too long and it represents those halcyon Rush days...

QUOTE (strangiatoman @ Sep 25 2006, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (RobK71 @ Sep 25 2006, 10:17 PM)
IMO one of their most underated tunes.  I would love to hear them do this one even if it meant them dropping a staple song like Tom Sawyer.  I'd be all for it.  Same with Circumstances.

I'll second "Circumstances"!

Only problem with Circumstances is it's in that "high high" register...

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 25 2006, 11:09 PM)
How about a Barry Zito curve ball.

Would you like to see Neil do his drum solo. Then walk off stage.

Meanwhile Geddy and Alex come out and do "Cinderella Man" acoustic, hence replacing "Resist?"

I think you'd like to have the whole set acoustic lol

Enough with the acoustic versions!!!

Hell NO!

I would NEVER want that to happen.

What, RUSH can go on MTV and be the next RATT or ALICE IN CHAINS, perhaps NIRVANA? KISS?

No way Jose.

My point is I am sick of the acoustic "Resist."

I hope that put that one to bed.

"Cinderella Man" would be a nice change of pace.

They will never play that song plugged in.

If they do, then I will buy you any beer you want.

But wait, the beer over there is a lot stronger than here in the USA.

You buy the beer and then I will mail you payment.

trink39.gif

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 25 2006, 11:24 PM)
Hell NO!

I would NEVER want that to happen.

What, RUSH can go on MTV and be the next RATT or ALICE IN CHAINS, perhaps NIRVANA? KISS?

No way Jose.

My point is I am sick of the acoustic "Resist."

I hope that put that one to bed.

"Cinderella Man" would be a nice change of pace.

They will never play that song plugged in.

If they do, then I will buy you any beer you want.

But wait, the beer over there is a lot stronger than here in the USA.

You buy the beer and then I will mail you payment.
trink39.gif

Earl

I'd prefer a 2 minute guitar solo and a 2 minute bass solo instead of the acoustic Resist, it's obviously the Geddy and Alex solo spot after Neil's, so go solo!! The acoustic Resist was a cool idea at first but it should be binned now and no more acoustic versions either...

The Duck Has Spoken

tongue.gif

Hey Duck.

I wish.

I always enjoyed the live version of "Dreamline" because Alex added that solo.

I always enjoyed "Driven" live as well because of that extended bass groove.

That would be strange to see Alex do a "guitar solo" say like Eddie Van Halen.

A Geddy bass solo like Les Claypool? Beautiful.

Interesting idea! Will it happen? Who knows. Luckily Geddy, Alex and Neil lurk in here all the time!!

Say what you will but as a betting man, I bet they do look. The guys are not "Prog Snobs" are they? I doubt it in the big picture of things.

So if RUSH plays "Cinderella Man" are we still on for that beer bet?? You deserve a cold one on me if your prediction is right!

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 25 2006, 11:53 PM)
Hey Duck.

I wish.

I always enjoyed the live version of "Dreamline" because Alex added that solo.

I always enjoyed "Driven" live as well because of that extended bass groove.

That would be strange to see Alex do a "guitar solo" say like Eddie Van Halen.

A Geddy bass solo like Les Claypool? Beautiful.

Interesting idea! Will it happen? Who knows. Luckily Geddy, Alex and Neil lurk in here all the time!!

Say what you will but as a betting man, I bet they do look. The guys are not "Prog Snobs" are they? I doubt it in the big picture of things.

So if RUSH plays "Cinderella Man" are we still on for that beer bet?? You deserve a cold one on me if your prediction is right!

Earl

Aye...

trink39.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 25 2006, 10:52 PM)
hmm, since rush rehearsed about 50 songs before the last tour, i wonder if they will totally revamp their setlist.

if they don't there is no way i will spend the amount of money i did last tour.

you hear that rush??????!

but you have to admit, it was a good time drinking with me into the early morning hours down there in Nashville! I believe we were the last ones standing that night. trink39.gif

Dreamers, dreamers, and dreamers! eyesre4.gif

I love these threads: "Wouldn't it be great if they put an epic on the next album?" "Wouldn't it be great if they got Terry Brown to produce again?" "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song from 1977) in concert?" "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song) in concert, acoustically??"

Call me a cynic, but jeez, people: lose the hope and move forward. No more epics, no more Terry Brown, no live acoustic versions of "Making Memories," no "Fly By Night" or "Cinderella Man." Face reality. Learn to accept that the band has moved on.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 26 2006, 07:36 AM)
Dreamers, dreamers, and dreamers!  eyesre4.gif

I love these threads:  "Wouldn't it be great if they put an epic on the next album?"  "Wouldn't it be great if they got Terry Brown to produce again?"  "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song from 1977) in concert?"  "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song) in concert, acoustically??"

Call me a cynic, but jeez, people: lose the hope and move forward.  No more epics, no more Terry Brown, no live acoustic versions of "Making Memories," no "Fly By Night" or "Cinderella Man."  Face reality.  Learn to accept that the band has moved on.

I concur yes.gif

I'm sure Rush will have a few surprises come

there next tour. I hope..

Dreamers, dreamers, and dreamers! eyesre4.gif

I love these threads: "Wouldn't it be great if they put an epic on the next album?" "Wouldn't it be great if they got Terry Brown to produce again?" "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song from 1977) in concert?" "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song) in concert, acoustically??"

Call me a cynic, but jeez, people: lose the hope and move forward. No more epics, no more Terry Brown, no live acoustic versions of "Making Memories," no "Fly By Night" or "Cinderella Man." Face reality. Learn to accept that the band has moved on.

Yeah but mate they're always bringing back old songs, who's to say which one it's gonna be? I bet you'd have scoffed at the idea of something like the R30 Overture, By Tor too... The Trees has been brought back and is played quite often, is there a real age and genre difference between Cinderella man and the Trees? You're just being selective in your "they've moved on" theory/diatribe, playing By tor and the Trees and Closer to the Heart is moving on and being modern but playing Cinderella Man or Fly By Night is not? That doesn't make sense...

Is there a book somewhere that states:

Fly By Night album - By tor and the Snowdog - modern - playing this song is moving on... Fly By Night - old hippy song, no way...

A Farewell to Kings - Closer to the Heart - cool, modern tune, wow we're really moving on now... Cinderella Man - old hippy song a backward step... Cygnus x-1, used to be an old hippy prog tune but now it's hip and happening as we moved on and made it part of the R30 overture...

You see what i mean? Who's to say what moved on really means?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 26 2006, 12:55 PM)

I love these threads:  "Wouldn't it be great if they put an epic on the next album?"  "Wouldn't it be great if they got Terry Brown to produce again?"  "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song from 1977) in concert?"  "Wouldn't it be great if they played ('deep cut' song) in concert, acoustically??"

Call me a cynic, but jeez, people: lose the hope and move forward.  No more epics, no more Terry Brown, no live acoustic versions of "Making Memories," no "Fly By Night" or "Cinderella Man."  Face reality.  Learn to accept that the band has moved on.

Yeah but mate they're always bringing back old songs, who's to say which one it's gonna be? I bet you'd have scoffed at the idea of something like the R30 Overture, By Tor too... The Trees has been brought back and is played quite often, is there a real age and genre difference between Cinderella man and the Trees? You're just being selective in your "they've moved on" theory/diatribe, playing By tor and the Trees and Closer to the Heart is moving on and being modern but playing Cinderella Man or Fly By Night is not? That doesn't make sense...

Fly By Night album - By tor and the Snowdog - modern - playing this song is moving on... Fly By Night - old hippy song, no way...

A Farewell to Kings - Closer to the Heart - cool, modern tune, wow we're really moving on now... Cinderella Man - old hippy song a backward step... Cygnus x-1, used to be an old hippy prog tune but now it's hip and happening as we moved on and made it part of the R30 overture...

eyesre4.gif Whatever. You just keep on hoping then that songs they've only played for one tour and then ditched - or songs that they've never played live before - will suddenly make an appearance in the setlist.

And Terry Brown is going to produce the next CD, a two-disc concept album called "Gangster of Boats," in twenty-four separate movements. Prince By-Tor makes another cameo appearance in this return-to-their-roots Progressive epic, which also features a lengthy acoustic segment reminiscent of "Broon's Bane." The band intend to wear their old kimonos while touring behind the album. They'll play the new album in its entirety, but will also field and honor requests from the audience for obscure chestnuts from their older albums.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 26 2006, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 26 2006, 12:55 PM)

eyesre4.gif Whatever. You just keep on hoping then that songs they've only played for one tour and then ditched - or songs that they've never played live before - will suddenly make an appearance in the setlist.

And Terry Brown is going to produce the next CD, a two-disc concept album called "Gangster of Boats," in twenty-four separate movements. Prince By-Tor makes another cameo appearance in this return-to-their-roots Progressive epic, which also features a lengthy acoustic segment reminiscent of "Broon's Bane." The band intend to wear their old kimonos while touring behind the album. They'll play the new album in its entirety, but will also field and honor requests from the audience for obscure chestnuts from their older albums.

I'm not hoping for nothing mate (I like double negatives they create a kind of blunt force vernacular swivel hit), I'll take whatever I get and I've said that before, to me these threads are just for fun... Don't forget I did a thread about Rush doing the whole of the new album and more tunes off Vapor Trails. I don't mind what they GR I'll soak it all up no matter what it is, even if they decide to do the whole of Rush and Grace Under Pressure...

smile.gif

Archived