Blue Öyster Cult

*Limelight*

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 20 2009, 02:35 AM)
Before this thread gets too stale, here's a *couple* I couldn't resist.  Peeps who are easily offended better switch off now laugh.gif

"The Pussy Song" cat.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i5ZK0PSDyA

"Yo 'Cult Jacket" biggrin.gif  Boot Tour Tees!! drool1.gif (2 Special Guest Appearances)!! notworthy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyX7_w9UdZM

laugh.gif rofl3.gif Good stuff Steevo! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

I loved this live album ! 1022.gif

http://www.psychprog.com/img/imag19034.jpg

I saw Blue Oyster Cult open for Rush in 1986. Rush was on their Power Windows tour. Blue Oyster Cult were doing songs from their new album "Club Ninja".

I like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and many of the songs on "Agents of Fortune", most notably "The Morning Final" and "Tenderloin".

Don't Fear the Reaper is on the original "Halloween" by John Carpenter.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 20 2009, 04:06 PM)
I saw Blue Oyster Cult open for Rush in 1986. Rush was on their Power Windows tour. Blue Oyster Cult were doing songs from their new album "Club Ninja".

I like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and many of the songs on "Agents of Fortune", most notably "The Morning Final" and "Tenderloin".

Great tunes!! 1022.gif I saw them about 6 times in the 70's trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 20 2009, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 20 2009, 04:06 PM)

Great tunes!! 1022.gif I saw them about 6 times in the 70's trink39.gif

Troutman!

You are one lucky FISH!

"Halloween" is my favorite movie of all time.

Carpenter is a Genius. Where is he now????

I want one more horror masterpiece out of him!

Rob Zombie is good, but it just isn't the same.

Can't wait for "Halloween II" ironically!!

What a great thread!

Talking about the Soft White Underbelly and the Belly Of The Beast in Michael Myers!!

Hell I even love "HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH."

Most Carpenter fans hate that movie.

I think it's a far out masterpiece.

Signed,

"Eight more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, eight more days till Halloween Silver Shamrock."

cool10.gif

Hey Lang!

I just saw Blue Oyster Cult on Sunday night!! They were fukking awesome!!

Rudy Sarzo was on the bass. Eric Bloom announced him and then Eric started talking about other bands that he has been in.

They played a little bit of Quiet Riot's "Metal Health" then they played some of Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" and then ended with a bit of "CRAZY TRAIN!!"

They also played rare gems that night. It's been 30 years since the release of Mirrors so I am guessing that's why they played, "Moon Crazy" and then my favorite, "The Vigil."

Blue Oyster Cult is going to be around for a very long time.

They are still solid and ROCK!

The short encore was "HOT RAILS TO HELL!" Classic.

They are coming back around to Santa Cruz this summer to play a free concert on the beach. I've got to get to that one man!

Love,

ZILLAGOD

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:41 PM)
Hey Lang!

Rudy Sarzo was on the bass. Eric Bloom announced him and then Eric started talking about other bands that he has been in.
They played a little bit of Quiet Riot's "Metal Health" then they played some of Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" and then ended with a bit of "CRAZY TRAIN!!"

They also played rare gems that night. It's been 30 years since the release of Mirrors so I am guessing that's why they played, "Moon Crazy" and then my favorite, "The Vigil."

They are coming back around to Santa Cruz this summer to play a free concert on the beach. I've got to get to that one man!

Love,

ZILLAGOD

Cool!

1022.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2006, 02:45 PM)
The only Blue Oyster Cult-related item I have is a cd by The Stalk-Forrest Group (later morphed into Blue Oyster Cult) called St. Cecelia: The Elektra Recordings. This was a completed album recorded in 1970, but never released until VERY recently.

It's a VERY good album (just short of greatness), is very jammy and somewhat proggy. It's definitely worth picking up.

I only have their big hits to go on in terms of BOC, and while they're all really good 70's arena classic rock kinds of songs in the vein of Boston, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon and that ilk, it was never enough (like with those other bands) to inspire me to bother to pick anything of theirs up...

Hope you've picked up some of their stuff since this post. BOC is nothing like those you mentioned; much more original with interesting lyrics (particularly the early stuff).

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Apr 30 2010, 04:52 PM)
The only Blue Oyster Cult-related item I have is a cd by The Stalk-Forrest Group (later morphed into Blue Oyster Cult) called St. Cecelia: The Elektra Recordings.  This was a completed album recorded in 1970, but never released until VERY recently. 

It's a VERY good album (just short of greatness), is very jammy and somewhat proggy.  It's definitely worth picking up.

I only have their big hits to go on in terms of BOC, and while they're all really good 70's arena classic rock kinds of songs in the vein of Boston, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon and that ilk, it was never enough (like with those other bands) to inspire me to bother to pick anything of theirs up...

Hope you've picked up some of their stuff since this post. BOC is nothing like those you mentioned; much more original with interesting lyrics (particularly the early stuff).

Not even close. C'mon Gary, you're the last person around here I'd expect to generalise, what gives?? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 30 2010, 01:39 AM)
QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Apr 30 2010, 04:52 PM)
The only Blue Oyster Cult-related item I have is a cd by The Stalk-Forrest Group (later morphed into Blue Oyster Cult) called St. Cecelia: The Elektra Recordings.  This was a completed album recorded in 1970, but never released until VERY recently. 

It's a VERY good album (just short of greatness), is very jammy and somewhat proggy.  It's definitely worth picking up.

Not even close. C'mon Gary, you're the last person around here I'd expect to generalise, what gives?? confused13.gif

If bands are not obscure, esoteric, German, broke up in 1972, have a penny whistle player instead of a drummer, or are all dead and buried in capsules that look like something out of an Arthur C Clarke wet dream, don't bother recommending them to this guy. He's got some kind of reverse elitist complex about music. my advice is to just leave him to his cave full of ancient prog...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (yoda @ Jul 16 2006, 12:24 AM)
My second favorite band next to rush is blue oyster cult I meet the keyboard player alan laneir [excuse spelling] I left my cig's out in my car when I saw them in DALLAS,TEXAS at the arcadia and bummed a cig from who turned out to be the keyboard player we talked for at least 45 minutes he asked me what song I wanted to hear they played a song called "IN THEE" off mirrors for me 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif

"In Thee" is an amazing song, though 'Mirrors' the album got bad write-offs, though I love it, as well as all their releases, and Buck and Eric are still touring in May of 2010, with great set lists.

Hey Lang!

Love,

ZILLAGOD

Thanks for telling me the name of the Quiet Riot song. I've seen the Rudy intro about three times and I never knew that one. This is awesome to have a BOC thread and thanks to the person for starting it. I will see them in about three weeks in Houston.

How about this for bad timing? BOC is playing a free show on Fremont Street in Las Vegas on the same day as the Rush show (8/14). Maybe I will get lucky and it will be an afternoon show. I'll be meeting up with some BOC friends after the Rush show.

QUOTE (missedexit @ May 2 2010, 01:41 AM)
QUOTE (yoda @ Jul 16 2006, 12:24 AM)
My second favorite band next to rush is blue oyster cult I meet the keyboard player alan laneir [excuse spelling] I left my cig's out in my car when I saw them in DALLAS,TEXAS at the arcadia and bummed a cig from who turned out to be the keyboard player we talked for at least 45 minutes he asked me what song I wanted to hear they played a song called "IN THEE" off mirrors for me 1022.gif  2.gif  2.gif

"In Thee" is an amazing song, though 'Mirrors' the album got bad write-offs, though I love it, as well as all their releases, and Buck and Eric are still touring in May of 2010, with great set lists.

"Mirrors" is one of the most underrated albums on the planet.

"In Thee" and "The Vigil" are simply incredible.

QUOTE (StanGetz @ May 7 2010, 08:47 PM)
Hey Lang!

I just saw Blue Oyster Cult on Sunday night!!  They were fukking awesome!!

Rudy Sarzo was on the bass.  Eric Bloom announced him and then Eric started talking about other bands that he has been in.

They also played rare gems that night.  It's been 30 years since the release of Mirrors so I am guessing that's why they played, "Moon Crazy" and then my favorite,  "The Vigil."

The short encore was "HOT RAILS TO HELL!"  Classic.

They are coming back around to Santa Cruz this summer to play a free concert on the beach.  I've got to get to that one man!

Love,

ZILLAGOD

Thanks for telling me the name of the Quiet Riot song. I've seen the Rudy intro about three times and I never knew that one. This is awesome to have a BOC thread and thanks to the person for starting it. I will see them in about three weeks in Houston.

How about this for bad timing? BOC is playing a free show on Fremont Street in Las Vegas on the same day as the Rush show (8/14). Maybe I will get lucky and it will be an afternoon show. I'll be meeting up with some BOC friends after the Rush show.

You got it Stan The Man!

Wow, there are so many shows this summer it's off the charts!!

I think Primus is playing a midnight show in Vegas after the Rush show!!

Glad you love the Rudy Sarzo BOC MK. I think it's fantastic!!

BOC are playing a free show on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! It's actually a concrete stage that is built over the sand.

I am going to do my best to get out there for that one!!

IN BOC WE TRUST!!

Earl