ever have an oh shit moment?

chaotica

One day last week I was feeding my 6 month old son and after he decided to have a BM....

so he's doing all this grunting and getting the red face and all, it was really hard work for him

I was posting in here sitting right next to him... thinking he was done I looked over at him ... he was smiling back at me THEN with one final push

OH SHIT

I'm calling for anyone to help me since I know this one will be a two person changing.... the poop was coming out of his diaper and was in this tennis size ball

just sitting there

Now what do I do?

How am I going to get him to the change table without getting anything on the floor... still yelling for help

Blonde comes in .... Are you calling me?

YES .... HELP ... as I pointed to his diaper

well after I picked her off the floor from her laughing she grabbed the top and I grabbed the bottom as we walked ever so careful to the change table...

Well like 5 wipes later and new clothes and new diaper

all was restored to normal

whew that was a close one....

How in the world can a baby poop that much

OMG

so does anyone else have moments like this or am I alone in these endeavors?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had plenty of these moments with two kids! I've been pooped on, peed on, puked on, you name the bodily fluid and it's been on me!. The worst is having a sick kid in bed with you at night and hearing, "Mommy, I'm gonna be sick!" And knowing that there is no way in hell they're gonna make it to the bathroom and then having their dinner all over them, you, the bed and the dog at 3 in the morning!

Yeah, don't miss those days. no.gif rofl3.gif

Now if I could only figure out how to get the carrot stain off his bottom we would be right in the world again .... at least for the moment

We Dads have been there too....one of my kids once had the dreaded VERTICAL blowout....where the (runny) BM shoots up and out of the diaper! Dang!!! Also had all of the other bodily functions 062802puke_prv.gif done on me.

All part of being a parent...! laugh.gif

QUOTE (chaotica @ Jun 8 2006, 10:29 AM)
One day last week I was feeding my 6 month old son and after he decided to have a BM....

so he's doing all this grunting and getting the red face and all, it was really hard work for him

I was posting in here sitting right next to him... thinking he was done I looked over at him ... he was smiling back at me THEN with one final push

OH SHIT

I'm calling for anyone to help me since I know this one will be a two person changing.... the poop was coming out of his diaper and was in this tennis size ball

just sitting there

Now what do I do?

How am I going to get him to the change table without getting anything on the floor... still yelling for help

Blonde comes in .... Are you calling me?

YES .... HELP ... as I pointed to his diaper

well after I picked her off the floor from her laughing she grabbed the top and I grabbed the bottom as we walked ever so careful to the change table...

Well like 5 wipes later and new clothes and new diaper

all was restored to normal

whew that was a close one....

How in the world can a baby poop that much

OMG

so does anyone else have moments like this or am I alone in these endeavors?

o.k...

i refer to that as "a major blow out"....

the worst is when your child has one of these said 'major blow out' while your out -n- about...

at a store...mall...

what ever, where ever...

suffice it to say you're not in the comfort and convenience of home...

no changing table....

no change of clothes for said child for that matter....

hmmm...

also...another memorable incident was when one time i was laying on the floor with baby.... ars extended, child over head....

she spits up right into my mouth (silly me, laughing, having a good time, mouth wide open in delight...)

yeah.....

hmmmmm

play time OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having three boys, I have had many Oh Shit moments!

I breastfed, and the worst BM is a breastfed BM. I fed Joseph, finished, laid him down on his changing mat and took his nappy off. He then grunted bearing down. That crap flew out of his bum at about 200mph, I tell you! I dodged, it hit the wall and up the window. GROSS!!

The worst are definitely the ones that end up under their armpits though!! I'm afraid its run and put in the bath!!

The carrot stain will come off with some cream btw!!

QUOTE (Trace @ Jun 9 2006, 07:22 AM)

I breastfed, and the worst BM is a breastfed BM. I fed Joseph, finished, laid him down on his changing mat and took his nappy off. He then grunted bearing down. That crap flew out of his bum at about 200mph, I tell you! I dodged, it hit the wall and up the window. GROSS!!

The worst are definitely the ones that end up under their armpits though!! I'm afraid its run and put in the bath!!

i remember my son as a baby he did the same thing ,gotta love them laugh.gif

QUOTE (Trace @ Jun 9 2006, 07:22 AM)

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

My oldest did a similar thing but nothing that bad

they both had the poop al the way up their back and front of them ... usually at the least opportune times z7shysterical.gif

at least I can laugh at them

QUOTE (Trace @ Jun 9 2006, 05:22 AM)
I breastfed, and the worst BM is a breastfed BM.  I fed Joseph, finished, laid him down on his changing mat and took his nappy off.  He then grunted bearing down.  That crap flew out of his bum at about 200mph, I tell you!  I dodged, it hit the wall and up the window.  GROSS!!

I wasn't so quick. sarcasm.gif

My son, Tyler, got me in the shoulder. With shit dripping out of my hair, I ran for the paper towels. Just then, my husband came in the door, home for lunch. He was chattering about his morning until he got a good look at me.

"What happened to YOU?" ohmy.gif scared.gif

Tyler will be 13 on Monday. wub.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jun 11 2006, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (Trace @ Jun 9 2006, 05:22 AM)
I breastfed, and the worst BM is a breastfed BM.  I fed Joseph, finished, laid him down on his changing mat and took his nappy off.  He then grunted bearing down.  That crap flew out of his bum at about 200mph, I tell you!  I dodged, it hit the wall and up the window.  GROSS!!

I wasn't so quick. sarcasm.gif

My son, Tyler, got me in the shoulder. With shit dripping out of my hair, I ran for the paper towels. Just then, my husband came in the door, home for lunch. He was chattering about his morning until he got a good look at me.

"What happened to YOU?" ohmy.gif scared.gif

Tyler will be 13 on Monday. wub.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif have to laugh at those moments rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Oh hell ya!! My son once had one so bad (he was 2 months old) that it went right up the back of his sleeper right to between his shoulder blades.

That was the biggest mess ever!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we were out at a restaurant with the extended family... it was my wife's turn to change stinky boy. It hit me like 15 minutes later that she had been gone a REAL long time... come to find out he filled his outfit, up and out the back of the neck. I guess it looked like someone had smeared him with crap like peanut butter on bread.

He also creamed the suspended circular play thing... you know, where the baby is suspended with activity centers all around him, and his toes just touch the bottom? Well, it all ran down his leg and collected in the plastic bottom. It was like he was trying to make wine form grapes. He loved it!

I have also had the above-mentioned puke-in-mouth. Breast milk is sweet. And very gross when warm and vomited into your mouth.

I hate mustard to start with, but it was really gross when I would be changing him, and all of a sudden he started squirting more mustard-looking stuff out of his butt. Kind of like a play-do fun factory. Yuk.

Baby poop seems to progress form tar, to mustard, to "that's obviously the result of solid food - P.U.!!!".

He also creamed the suspended circular play thing... you know, where the baby is suspended with activity centers all around him, and his toes just touch the bottom? Well, it all ran down his leg and collected in the plastic bottom. It was like he was trying to make wine form grapes. He loved it

we call that the exersaucer& they never have figured out how the heck a little body like that expels so darn much confused13.gif

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Jun 12 2006, 02:14 PM)
He also creamed the suspended circular play thing... you know, where the baby is suspended with activity centers all around him, and his toes just touch the bottom?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/Choatica123/DSC00393.jpg

Is this what your talking about?

It's called an exersaucer here in Can/US

Archived