Summer TV Sucks

rushgoober

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 7 2006, 08:25 PM)
The new season of Rescue Me just started a week ago. That's some good summer TV trink39.gif

i agree !!

that is a good show... yes.gif

a new Dead Zone season is coming...

if you have HBO, a new Entourage starts this weekend....

if you look for it, you can find a couple things on cable that look pretty good...

once again i'm thankful for my Tivo, because i have stuff set up to be recorded...and i can watch it later ... during the summer, i barely watch any TV cuz we're always outside (weather provided)....always gone somewhere doing something.....

http://www.online-thecatsmeow.com/images/Emoticons/familyRV.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 1 2006, 07:14 AM)
Every night at primetime it's become not what are we gonna watch tonight, but what WAS on this night that is over for the season. sad.gif

Summer TV sucks! yes.gif sad.gif rage.gif

Jeez, I might have to read a book or something. ohmy.gif

Hey! stop ur bitchin!!

at least u can go on ur PC and kill time here

if theres crap on the Tv!

My Pc is STILL down & im forced to watch Tv nowadayz

I was in bed by 10pm last night wacko.gif

WTF did i do B4 i got my Pc?!?!?

friggin borin as hell without it sad.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 2 2006, 06:39 PM)
does this mean we may actually have to go outside our homes.

Remember when you were young, and you'd play outside all day on the weekends, and until dark on school days? Mom would have to call out to you to stop playing hide-and-seek, and come home.

How come we don't do that anymore? We just sit inside, in front of the TV all night. I'm as guilty as the next guy, but I wonder why we don't "play" outside like we used to.

Last night I saw the 2-hour debut of So You Think You Can Dance, essentially the same exact show as American Idol except with dancing instead of singing.

It was actually quite good IMHO, and I'll keep watching it. Since there's nothing else on in the summer, why the hell not?

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 8 2006, 07:29 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 2 2006, 06:39 PM)
does this mean we may actually have to go outside our homes.

Remember when you were young, and you'd play outside all day on the weekends, and until dark on school days? Mom would have to call out to you to stop playing hide-and-seek, and come home.

How come we don't do that anymore? We just sit inside, in front of the TV all night. I'm as guilty as the next guy, but I wonder why we don't "play" outside like we used to.

cuz the mosquitos eat us alive!!!!!!!!!!

back when we were kids...they still did that, only we were so busy that we didn't care....

now...you're out there for like, 2 minutes...and they bite your face half off, and you're thinking: "o.k......i'm done"...

back inside.....

I haven't been able to find anything decent to watch this week. Prime Time is a desert.

The one thing I was looking forward to watching this week (and I did) was Tuesday night's 48 Hours Mystery, a true crime show on CBS. But they aired it at 10 PM!

Normally I'd be interested in watching Dateline NBC, which often features a "true crime" kind of programming. But this week, they featured for the upteenth time their "To Catch a Predator" series. I'm somewhat interested in that, but once you've seen it once, you've seen it all. (I know it's important programming, but damn! Each show is the same.) I think they're finally done with the sexual predator theme, and will revert back to normal Dateline NBC shows.

"There's nothing on" was the refrain in my house this week. I half-watched a couple of baseball games.

I'm still pushing the new NBC show "Treasure Hunters", looks like it'll be a great summer reality show. It premieres next Sunday (18th) with a 2 hour premiere (9-11), and then it'll move to it's regular time on Monday nights at 9.

From what I know, it's teams of treasure hunters who are given clues on locations of more clues in riddle forum (a la "National Treasure"). Something that I see myself falling into.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 1 2006, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 1 2006, 08:14 AM)
Every night at primetime it's become not what are we gonna watch tonight, but what WAS on this night that is over for the season. sad.gif

Summer TV sucks! yes.gif  sad.gif  rage.gif

Jeez, I might have to read a book or something.  ohmy.gif

laugh.gif Thank God for books, huh? I usually find that there's something worth watching on either the History Channel or the Discovery Channel.

There have been some good things...I sometimes watch the BBCAmerica channel.....They've got some good things over there

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 2 2006, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 2 2006, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 1 2006, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 1 2006, 02:51 PM)
It's a good time to crack open McCullough's biography on John Adams you've been putting off.

Thanks for reminding me. Now I just gotta remember where it is.

If you're looking for a good biography, allow me to recommend my favorite:

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05101809011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/10260000/10268047.jpg

Hey, that would be perfect for my grandfather for a Father's Day gift. Thanks.

Well, he's very excited to read this book! Thanks again for the idea, Jack.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 26 2006, 12:01 AM)
Well, he's very excited to read this book! Thanks again for the idea, Jack.

My pleasure, sir! Anytime.