09. Little Bit Of Love              2:33
10. The Golden Age Of Rock 'N'      3:28
    Roll
11. No Matter What                  2:51
12. He's Gonna Step On You Again    4:04
13. Don't Believe A Word            2:19
14. Stay With Me                    4:30

Release Notes:

We brought you the advance for this about 9 months ago, the nfo stated "This advance
to the new Def Leppard album is unmixed and unmastered."  So now here we are and this
album is finally seeing the light of day, enjoy!

On their highly anticipated new album, Def Leppard have created a heartfelt and hard
rocking tribute to their musical heroes of the late 60's and 70's - the Kinks,
Badfinger, T. Rex, David Bowie, Sweet, Roxy Music, Mott the Hoople, Free, Faces, and
Thin Lizzy. Recording essential versions of the music that influenced their youth,
the band have brilliantly merged the 'Now with the 'Then' to create a buzz that can
only be summed up in one word: YEAH!

Sort of pretty bad....

Have either of you heard it? confused13.gif

I believe Journey is on tour with them this summer.

Journey will be playing Charlotte on July 4th.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 31 2006, 09:47 AM)

Journey and Def Leppard touring together???

REALLY??? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 31 2006, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 31 2006, 09:47 AM)

Journey and Def Leppard touring together???

REALLY??? ohmy.gif

Don't hold me to that, Pags. I "thought" that is what our local radio was saying. Let me check on it and I'll let ya know.

QUOTE (Disco @ May 31 2006, 09:41 AM)
New Def Leppard "Yeah!"

More like new Def Leppard "Oh no...."

I've heard two songs off this......They played it on the classic rock channel (first, isn't there an age limit of how long a song is out before it can become a classic?...second, this was really bad....)

I contacted that station via e-mail....First, I explained that there wasn't any Rush...second, I explained that they were playing too many of the same damn songs...It was like redundant...over & over again!!!

Their reply? The average classic rock fan only knows 3 songs from Rush (I'll give you a few guesses on that...)

Then they played these songs the next day.....I almost fell off my chair. I knew there was a reason I don't usually listen to radio!!!

QUOTE (Disco @ May 31 2006, 09:41 AM)
New Def Leppard "Yeah!"

More like new Def Leppard "Oh no...."

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think its a great album. Top notch production, the songs are played in their own style, not like the originals, i think its a great album!

ill give it.. 3stars out of 5, but it needed to be a new album of originals. but i wont get into Def Leppard discussion on a rush board... laugh.gif

I used to be a huge DL fan, especially in the Pyromania/Hysteria days. I'd say they were my favorite band for a large chunk of the 80s.

I still find the music generally pleasing; they have a good sense of rythm and harmony.

The PROBLEM is actually Rush (or, to be more precise, Neil). Once I got hooked on Rush, I couldn't help but start identifying how aweful/unoriginal most rock lyrics are.

As great as DL are at playing and writing music, they really don't have that much to say (there are a small number of minor exceptions to this).

In all seriousness, the deeper level of Neil's lyrics were the "nail in the coffin" for my personal enjoyment of most 80's-style heavy metal, which I absolutely loved. Now that whole genre is, to me, great memories, good times, but ultimately cheezy to the brain.

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Jun 2 2006, 07:49 AM)
I used to be a huge DL fan, especially in the Pyromania/Hysteria days.  I'd say they were my favorite band for a large chunk of the 80s.

I still find the music generally pleasing; they have a good sense of rythm and harmony.

The PROBLEM is actually Rush (or, to be more precise, Neil).  Once I got hooked on Rush, I couldn't help but start identifying how aweful/unoriginal most rock lyrics are. 

As great as DL are at playing and writing music, they really don't have that much to say (there are a small number of minor exceptions to this).

In all seriousness, the deeper level of Neil's lyrics were the "nail in the coffin" for my personal enjoyment of most 80's-style heavy metal, which I absolutely loved.  Now that whole genre is, to me, great memories, good times, but ultimately cheezy to the brain.

goodpost.gif

With the exeption of some Pink Floyd, Yes, John Lennon, George Harrison (both as Beatles; for the most part) and a hand full of others that have delved into more "interesting", if not even cerebrally stimulating lyrics, most rock lyrics are simple and empty.

The "music" of much rock can be good, but have simply or empty lyrics. I think I have more or less, over the years, as I've grown wiser smile.gif , - simply selectively tuned out the inferior lyrics of songs I find the music stimulating, what a shame. But lets face it, far too many people would rather have the simple empty lyrics, otherwise there would not be so much of them. We (as Rush fans) are in a minority, musically speaking, lyrically speaking. We have tasted the good stuff and ain't tuning back!

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Jun 2 2006, 10:49 AM)
I used to be a huge DL fan, especially in the Pyromania/Hysteria days. I'd say they were my favorite band for a large chunk of the 80s.

The PROBLEM is actually Rush (or, to be more precise, Neil). Once I got hooked on Rush, I couldn't help but start identifying how aweful/unoriginal most rock lyrics are.

In all seriousness, the deeper level of Neil's lyrics were the "nail in the coffin" for my personal enjoyment of most 80's-style heavy metal, which I absolutely loved. Now that whole genre is, to me, great memories, good times, but ultimately cheezy to the brain.

I'm still a fan of the many of the 80's music & before DL did 'Pour some Sugar on Me' as a group, I thought they were great....I, myself, find it difficult to listen to a band who has potential of being a great hard rock band & sells out to the masses & changes everything about what they thought *cough.....Metallica* It's here....

All this machinery

Making modern music

Can still be open hearted

But not so coldly charted

It's really a question of your honesty

One likes to believe

In the freedom of Music

But glittering prizes

And endless compromises

Shatter the Illusion

Of integrity

I just think that sometimes, lines must be drawn about a band who can't keep the integrity of playing what they started out to do. Good example? Yes, band was about to be pulled off the market due to failure to sell enough records. Record Company told them the next album would be their last unless they come up with a hit.....They didn't try to make one. They made Tales from Topographic Oceans....4 songs on the album-shortest song? 18:34 (The Ancient- Giants under the Sun). It was based on the four part hindu scripture.....They did this album their way. Not to sell anything just to get the music to the people.

blush4.gif Whoops!!! I overdid this one....I think I'll go back to one of the other threads to post something shorter.....

Are you still reading? I've left a few minutes ago!!!

Yea long time fan of Def Leppard,

Saw them last year perform with Brian Adam & the Minor Leauge Stadium Tour...

They basicly were promoting there Best of albums, 2 in a row, followed buy a covers album ( this year ). Haven't heard but 2 song from " Yeah " . but I like them....

Last years Journey Tour was Like a RUSH show,

In Fact it was called " An Evening with Journey "

3 & 1/2 hours, with intermission

Great Video, great stage, Great Sound !

They also Gave Their New CD to everyone in attendance

This years tour with Journey,

Journey opens ALL shows with 1.5 hr set

Def Leppard Closes ALL shows with a 1.5 hr set

( DL / BA tour '05 was alterneting )

QUOTE (GotRush @ Jun 3 2006, 09:56 AM)
Last years Journey Tour was Like a RUSH show,
In Fact it was called " An Evening with Journey "
3 & 1/2 hours, with intermission
Great Video, great stage, Great Sound !
They also Gave Their New CD to everyone in attendance

And Neal Schon was desparately trying, and failing, to pull his band out of irrelevancy by claiming in every interview he did for that tour that Tom Sawyer was a ripoff of some old Journey song I've never heard of. MITA posted samples of both songs and they sound nothing alike.

As for the new Def Lep, I'm not sure how much I want to hear them do Bowie's Drive-In Saturday.

Joe can sing Bowie very well. Its a top notch record

Archived