What are you drinking right now?

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 6 2009, 05:28 PM)
Stone Old Guardian Barleywine Ale thats been cellaring for about 10 months. Getting better with age.

this brew needs a little bubble-action imo confused13.gif i try to drink this super cold whereas the double bastard is great warm if u can believe it

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 7 2009, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 6 2009, 05:28 PM)
Stone Old Guardian Barleywine Ale thats been cellaring for about 10 months. Getting better with age.

this brew needs a little bubble-action imo confused13.gif i try to drink this super cold whereas the double bastard is great warm if u can believe it

Oh, I definitely believe the DB really comes alive as it warms. Its already a beast, but when it starts to warm ohmy.gif It is a MONSTER! I love the DB so much and it really just kicks your butt so much, I'm starting to wonder if I've got a bit of masochistic streak laugh.gif

As far as the OG, I love it as is, but I see your point, Davey. But the OG packs a wallop too trink38.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 7 2009, 08:29 PM)
i found some stone ipa 6-packs at this store next to the taco shop. i was impressed and they taste greeeeeeeat! the tacos kind of sucked. i asked for carnitas and got some chichirron wtf!

For a regular IPA, it is very good.

Davey, have you ever tried Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery? It is another medium priced, excellent IPA. I love the regular Stone IPA, but the Two Hearted is even better, imo.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Dec 10 2009, 10:54 AM)
Snowdog - if you can get Bell's near you, have you had their HopSlam?

We started getting Bell's last spring, so Hopslam season had passed by already. I'm looking forward to trying it this year, but from talking to the retailers in my area, they don't get much and it goes really fast.

Sitting down to watch some football and I am enjoying this years Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. This is a really excellent IPA. Very hoppy without being a hop bomb, a nice subtle malt backbone and a flavor that is distinctively SN, yet unique.

I wish they'd brew this year round.

QUOTE (goose @ Dec 12 2009, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 9 2009, 08:13 PM)
A white Fingerlakes (NY) wine called Melody.  Made at Goose Watch winery.

May have to track this down!

http://www.goosewatch.com/gsw6_order.taf?_...on=view&ct_id=1

Order online yes.gif

Most of their wines are fantastic. My personal favorite is Diamond. Though, if you like drier wines, Melody and Diamond will be a tad sweet for you.

Tonight its Thomas Hooker Imperial Porter. First time trying it, and its good, but a bit of a different animal as far as porters go.

Dark roasted malt with a charred caramel taste is way up front here, but as it warms, the hoppiness of this beer comes out. For a porter, this a very hoppy beer. So, you've got a thick malt backbone malt with a nice hop bite.

If you like porters and you're looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, give this one a try. trink38.gif