IDOL

launchpad67a

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I felt ashamed for calling him 'goatboy' after watching last night. He's just so sensitive; he cries at the drop of a hat. And he comes from such humble roots, with his mother so supportive and proud of her little boy. I can't believe I've been mocking him all week.

sad.gif

See sig for the next American Idol. wub.gif heart.gif drool1.gif

Remember last year how Bob Ice was, to my recollection, the favorite over Carrie going into the final? I've got a feeling that the same things is going to happen this year.

Edited by roll the bones

QUOTE (roll the bones @ May 18 2006, 07:40 AM)
See sig for the next American Idol. wub.gif heart.gif drool1.gif

Remember last year how Bob Ice was, to my recollection, the favorite over Carrie going into the final? I've got a feeling that the same things is going to happen this year.

your recollection is wrong joker.gif simon predicted carrie as the winner, bo as the runner up, and vonzell as third. carrie never, ever, slipped as the frontrunner in the competition, even when bo sang in a dream. the viewers may have thought bo would win, but carrie was always projected as the clear winner from TPTB. i think kat could win, if she picks up elliot's votes, because that is the big unknown in the competition. whoever gets the most of elliots votes wins, pretty much.

if kat did win, it would be the biggest upset since clay came in second to ruben (which was much closer than carrie/bo, and clay was also never in the bottom two)

it's not just elliot's sensitivity that tends to make me uneasy about making fun of him... he's got diabetes (as did kevin covais) as well as a few other serious medical issues and certain aspects of his appearance that people make fun of, like his weird teeth, are part of the degenerative aspects of the disease. so i feel ooky about going there...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/goatboy2.jpg

because you had a bad day , your feed is all gone , your hair is all nappy and your horns are long . you look like a goat , the camera dont lie , not enough votes and your going baa baa. you had a bad day , you had a bad day.

QUOTE (tick @ May 18 2006, 07:03 AM)
because you had a bad day , your feed is all gone , your hair is all nappy and your horns are long . you look like a goat , the camera dont lie , not enough votes and your going baa baa. you had a bad day , you had a bad day.

OMG! rofl3.gif

my wife and i forgot about the american idol results show last night and then i saw who got booted out online. i went up to her and said, "hey, we forgot about the american idol results show. guess who got voted off?" she looked at me for a couple of seconds and then said, "Goatboy?" we both laughed like for a full minute. z7shysterical.gif Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (tick @ May 18 2006, 10:03 AM)

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Clever song parody!

(But I still feel sorta bad about mocking the poor guy.)

Should this thread be renamed 'I hate Elliot'?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 18 2006, 03:30 PM)

lol I wouldn't go that far. I might joke around about the guy just for fun however, if I saw him on the street here in the Richmond area somewhere I wouldn't hesitate to go up to him and shake his hand and tell him what a good try he gave it. Although I did get burnt out on all the overly exited stuff that happened when he came through town last week. That's just the way the masses react to that stuff though I guess.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ May 18 2006, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 18 2006, 03:30 PM)

lol I wouldn't go that far. I might joke around about the guy just for fun however, if I saw him on the street here in the Richmond area somewhere I wouldn't hesitate to go up to him and shake his hand and tell him what a good try he gave it. Although I did get burnt out on all the overly exited stuff that happened when he came through town last week. That's just the way the masses react to that stuff though I guess.

I agree. I don't hate the guy, just having a little harmless fun. If I ran into him on the street I'd shake his hand, maybe even give him a hug. Hell, I might even try to milk him!

QUOTE (bordercollie @ May 20 2006, 08:33 PM)
hola

GO KATHARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor would be the worst Idol EVER! 100 times worse than Fantasia.

Has Fantasia done anything since winning? Have any of them? I only Kelly Clarkson on the radio when I choose to listen to such stations.

According Ryan Seacrest they have over like 90 #1 hits, which has to be BS.

Kelly owns Clear Channel.

I've heard one Clay Aiken song quasi-regularly.

Ruben had #1 R&B hit that I've never heard.

Fantasia has done nothing notable.

Carrie's done pretty well thus far.

QUOTE (bordercollie @ May 20 2006, 05:39 PM)

the 90 #1 hits thing (actually, i think it's more than that) isn't bogus, it's just misleading. apparently when they say things like that, they're referring to a multitude of charts that billboard has. usually we think of the generic top 100 song list. when people say they have the #1 song in the country, they're referring to this list, but then there's the r&b chart, internet charts, radio play charts and all manner of ridiculous sub-charts that are also kept, so though there may be 90 "#1 hits", we could be talking about like 7 or 8 songs.

as far as i know, obviously kelly clarkson has had stellar success, and ruben and clay have had moderate success, more so for clay. fantasia had an album that didn't make it too far and carrie underwood has done REALLY well. if you don't follow country (i don't), you might not know it, but her debut album i believe is still in the charts and has sold over 2 million copies. that might not be the 5 million plus of kelly's latest album, but that is still a high level of success, and those albums are still selling.

we'll see if ruben and fantasia do more albums and if anyone's interested, but i still see big careers for kelly, carrie and clay. all it takes is one big hit for an album to take off...

QUOTE (bordercollie @ May 20 2006, 09:39 PM)

yeah but you left out all justin guarinis smash hits.

rofl3.gif

Are the judges skewed towards Taylor or what? confused13.gif

Coming into tonight, I thought it was Taylor's competition to lose, but after watching it, I'm pulling for Katharine. I thought she was phenomenal, and the last song was amazing. I was surprised the judges didn't agree. She won't have it easy after what Simon said.

I think she deserves to be the next Idol. I'm calling to vote, and I even got through once so far! laugh.gif