Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ May 25 2006, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 25 2006, 12:40 PM)
I didnt like how that whole hanso foundation ended up being one big monster.com commercial.

this week it was monster

last week it was jeep

the week before it was sprite

so irritating... i haven't gotten a chance to unlock whatever there is to unlock this week, since the site is slower than shit. hopefully things will be moving faster tonight or tomorrow

And found. They take all of the clues and consolidate them. Good site.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Lost' experience for this year is officially over. All solved puzzles and revelations can be found here.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 27 2006, 02:12 PM)
The 'Lost' experience for this year is officially over. All solved puzzles and revelations can be found here.

I've gone through the Lost experience, I've read Bad Twin and I've re-read Flann O'Brien's Third Policeman.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm even MORE confused now confused13.gif ohmy.gif

Here's a synopsis of the season 3 premiere from Lost spoilers. Highlight to read.

Remember last season began with Desmond on his exercise bike with Mama Cass song "Make Your Own Kind of Music", well this season the song opens up with Petula Clark's "Downtown" with a woman named Juliet played by Elizabeth Mitchell (http://imdb.com/name/nm0593310/).

You see The Others outside on a nice sunny day, wearing nice casual clothes and they look up and see the plane splitting apart in two. Henry Gale tells Ethan to go the crash site and pretend to be a survivor and the man Ana Lucia killed, Goodwin (http://imdb.com/name/nm0191442/) was told to go to the other crash site. Then opening credits of the LOST begins...

We now see Sawyer, Jack and Kate all being held in different places. Sawyer appears to be in what looks like a animal cage one would find in a zoo, Kate looks to be in a lockeroom and Jack is in a dark chamber somewhere.

Kate is asked to take a shower and freshen up, start the day new, she takes a shower only to find her clothes are gone, she looks thru the lockers to find a nice dress and is told to put it on, she doesnt have much choice and there are no clothes around besides the towel around her so she puts it in. She is led to Henry Gale who is sitting in a nice dining table setting next to the ocean with breakfast, forks and knives, etc. He asks Kate to put handcuffs on so she wont try anything funny. Kate asks why has she been told to dress like this and why is she being given a nice breakfast and such. Henry Gale replies that he wanted her to feel civilized and enjoy the moment because for the next two weeks she will be going thru hell which made me think is she going to be put thru some sort of The Others version of a bootcamp??

Meanwhile Juliet attempts to give Jack some food, which he refuses, she asks him lots of questions and he sarcastically lies and says he is a repoman. She tells him he has to sit towards the wall in the corner so she can safely bring the food to him because he needs to eat and drink something because the medicine they gave him he may dehydrate. So he agrees to let her in and then attacks her threatening to break her neck, kill her, he is trying to find a way out of this holding chamber cell when he sees Henry Gale. Jack tells Henry Gale he will kill her if he doesnt answer him why he is there and such, Henry says go ahead and kill her because if Jack opens some door or touches some button they will all die so it wont matter.

He does and Henry bolts out of there as fast as he can as thousands of gallons of water comes rushing thru the area they are in. Jack and Juliet recover by going into some doorway and he asks if he is in a aquarium, she says somewhat that they are indeed underwater and this is where the dolphins and sharks are tested.

Now to Sawyer....he is in an outside cell that looks like it has magnetic forces inside it. Sawyer attempts all kinds of things to get out, a teenage boy is held across from Sawyer as well and tells him not to do that, Sawyer doesnt listen and gets bounced around the cell by I asssume the magnetic force. The teenage boy, Sawyer dubs "Chachi" figures out how to get out of his cell and breaks Sawyer out and they

escape, while you hear over the loudspeaker a siren that the escapees have well escaped. They are re-captured, the boy appears to have been beaten up a bit and is forced to apologize to Sawyer for getting him involved in his escape. Sawyer continues to try and figure out this strange cell he is in and tricks it and suddenly water comes out of the rain gutter and some large cracker comes out from another

area and Sawyer tests it out, finds it edible and Kate who has just been taken to a outside cell across from Sawyer is thrown a piece of the cracker to eat for herself. One guy from the Others notices Sawyer had figured out how to get food and water and says the Bears who used to be in there did it alot quicker, Sawyer asked "how many bears were in here", but didnt get an answer.

The backstory for the show is about Jack so we see him at a lawyer's office with his wife and they are preparing for the divorce, she asks him where is his lawyer and he says he fired him, it seems Jack wants to reconcile but she does not. Her cell phone rings and she talks to someone and laughs, enjoying her conversation. Jack asks who is this guy she is talking to, he will give her everything from the car, boat, money, etc. if she will tell who this man is that she is now with. She doesnt answer. Next you see Jack in his doctor's office researching phone numbers to find out who the man is. His father walks in and he tells him, "Jack just let it go". He is telling him their marriage is over, just move on and let it go. Jack's father's cell phone rings and Jack begins to think its his wife on the other end, so he follows his father around and what looks like a hotel happens to be a AA meeting. Jack yells at his father and accuses him of sleeping with his wife, the lady at the AA meeting

says that is father has been sober for 50 days, you should be proud of him, relax, calm down, etc. Jack's father tells him, "just let it go" again, Jack has had it and attacks his father slamming him against the wall and is beating him up. Now we

see Jack in jail and his bail is paid, its his wife and she says she called a cab for him, he follows her to her car and sees a man standing next to the car and asks if that is the guy who she is now with, she says what does it matter and that your father called me rip roaring drunk and crying and that you had been taken to jail.

She tells him if there is one positive thing you can make out all of this is that you can go fix your father since you like to "fix things".

Back to Juliet and Jack in the holding chamber, she says she has a book, that is like a book on your life, she tells him she knows all about him from his schooling, to his profession, to his family, his ex-wife, etc. She even has Jack's father autopsy report, he asks how can she get things like this and she says they can get anything they want, he asks Juliet if his ex-wife is happy and she says that she is very happy now. Juliet had been working on trying to get Jack to communicate with her and had finally succeeded.

The show ends as she leaves the chamber and Henry Gale is standing there and said, you did a good job, Juliet you got to him. She replies and doesnt seem to be quite fond of Henry, but she tells him, "thanks BEN". And the show fades to black. So the guy's real name is Ben. No previews for next week but I'm sure we'll see those on Wednesday.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

After finishing Season 2 on dvd, I decided to bite the bullet and start watching Lost *gasp* on tv.

I thought the Season 3 premiere was above average, but not great. The Others thread was good, but I wasn't that impressed with the flashback.

My main beef is that they keep making Jack out to be a bigger lughead with every few episodes. Once the calm and rational thinker of the bunch, now he's kneejerking to everything under the sun. It frustrates me because I think his character is capable of so much more.. but I digress.

Curious to other's thoughts. Anyone else out there?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 2 2006, 09:57 AM)
Here's a synopsis of the season 3 premiere from Lost spoilers. Highlight to read.

Remember last season began with Desmond on his exercise bike with Mama Cass song "Make Your Own Kind of Music", well this season the song opens up with Petula Clark's "Downtown" with a woman named Juliet played by Elizabeth Mitchell (http://imdb.com/name/nm0593310/).

You see The Others outside on a nice sunny day, wearing nice casual clothes and they look up and see the plane splitting apart in two. Henry Gale tells Ethan to go the crash site and pretend to be a survivor and the man Ana Lucia killed, Goodwin (http://imdb.com/name/nm0191442/) was told to go to the other crash site. Then opening credits of the LOST begins...

We now see Sawyer, Jack and Kate all being held in different places. Sawyer appears to be in what looks like a animal cage one would find in a zoo, Kate looks to be in a lockeroom and Jack is in a dark chamber somewhere.

Kate is asked to take a shower and freshen up, start the day new, she takes a shower only to find her clothes are gone, she looks thru the lockers to find a nice dress and is told to put it on, she doesnt have much choice and there are no clothes around besides the towel around her so she puts it in. She is led to Henry Gale who is sitting in a nice dining table setting next to the ocean with breakfast, forks and knives, etc. He asks Kate to put handcuffs on so she wont try anything funny. Kate asks why has she been told to dress like this and why is she being given a nice breakfast and such. Henry Gale replies that he wanted her to feel civilized and enjoy the moment because for the next two weeks she will be going thru hell which made me think is she going to be put thru some sort of The Others version of a bootcamp??

Meanwhile Juliet attempts to give Jack some food, which he refuses, she asks him lots of questions and he sarcastically lies and says he is a repoman. She tells him he has to sit towards the wall in the corner so she can safely bring the food to him because he needs to eat and drink something because the medicine they gave him he may dehydrate. So he agrees to let her in and then attacks her threatening to break her neck, kill her, he is trying to find a way out of this holding chamber cell when he sees Henry Gale. Jack tells Henry Gale he will kill her if he doesnt answer him why he is there and such, Henry says go ahead and kill her because if Jack opens some door or touches some button they will all die so it wont matter.

He does and Henry bolts out of there as fast as he can as thousands of gallons of water comes rushing thru the area they are in. Jack and Juliet recover by going into some doorway and he asks if he is in a aquarium, she says somewhat that they are indeed underwater and this is where the dolphins and sharks are tested.

Now to Sawyer....he is in an outside cell that looks like it has magnetic forces inside it. Sawyer attempts all kinds of things to get out, a teenage boy is held across from Sawyer as well and tells him not to do that, Sawyer doesnt listen and gets bounced around the cell by I asssume the magnetic force. The teenage boy, Sawyer dubs "Chachi" figures out how to get out of his cell and breaks Sawyer out and they
escape, while you hear over the loudspeaker a siren that the escapees have well escaped. They are re-captured, the boy appears to have been beaten up a bit and is forced to apologize to Sawyer for getting him involved in his escape. Sawyer continues to try and figure out this strange cell he is in and tricks it and suddenly water comes out of the rain gutter and some large cracker comes out from another
area and Sawyer tests it out, finds it edible and Kate who has just been taken to a outside cell across from Sawyer is thrown a piece of the cracker to eat for herself. One guy from the Others notices Sawyer had figured out how to get food and water and says the Bears who used to be in there did it alot quicker, Sawyer asked "how many bears were in here", but didnt get an answer.

The backstory for the show is about Jack so we see him at a lawyer's office with his wife and they are preparing for the divorce, she asks him where is his lawyer and he says he fired him, it seems Jack wants to reconcile but she does not. Her cell phone rings and she talks to someone and laughs, enjoying her conversation. Jack asks who is this guy she is talking to, he will give her everything from the car, boat, money, etc. if she will tell who this man is that she is now with. She doesnt answer. Next you see Jack in his doctor's office researching phone numbers to find out who the man is. His father walks in and he tells him, "Jack just let it go". He is telling him their marriage is over, just move on and let it go. Jack's father's cell phone rings and Jack begins to think its his wife on the other end, so he follows his father around and what looks like a hotel happens to be a AA meeting. Jack yells at his father and accuses him of sleeping with his wife, the lady at the AA meeting
says that is father has been sober for 50 days, you should be proud of him, relax, calm down, etc. Jack's father tells him, "just let it go" again, Jack has had it and attacks his father slamming him against the wall and is beating him up. Now we
see Jack in jail and his bail is paid, its his wife and she says she called a cab for him, he follows her to her car and sees a man standing next to the car and asks if that is the guy who she is now with, she says what does it matter and that your father called me rip roaring drunk and crying and that you had been taken to jail.
She tells him if there is one positive thing you can make out all of this is that you can go fix your father since you like to "fix things".

Back to Juliet and Jack in the holding chamber, she says she has a book, that is like a book on your life, she tells him she knows all about him from his schooling, to his profession, to his family, his ex-wife, etc. She even has Jack's father autopsy report, he asks how can she get things like this and she says they can get anything they want, he asks Juliet if his ex-wife is happy and she says that she is very happy now. Juliet had been working on trying to get Jack to communicate with her and had finally succeeded.

The show ends as she leaves the chamber and Henry Gale is standing there and said, you did a good job, Juliet you got to him. She replies and doesnt seem to be quite fond of Henry, but she tells him, "thanks BEN". And the show fades to black. So the guy's real name is Ben. No previews for next week but I'm sure we'll see those on Wednesday.

sad.gif I can't read this.... I tried changing the skin color too sad.gif

What is this about?

QUOTE (chaotica @ Oct 5 2006, 11:02 AM)

What is this about?

It's a summary of last night's episode. To highlight the text, hold down your left mouse button and scroll down through the text. Or you can just hit 'quote' and scroll down to the lower window.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 5 2006, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (chaotica @ Oct 5 2006, 11:02 AM)

What is this about?

It's a summary of last night's episode. To highlight the text, hold down your left mouse button and scroll down through the text. Or you can just hit 'quote' and scroll down to the lower window.

blush4.gif Thanks biggrin.gif

Okay, I confess. I gave myself a headache trying to read that horrid yellow font. But SHAME ON ME. I am only up to disk two of season two. I promised myself I would watch them all in time for the premiere, but things happen -- I'm blaming NetFlix. Then I promised I would tape the premiere and watch it once I caught up, but things happen -- who knew last night was Wednesday and not Tuesday? So I've missed the premiere of season three. fists crying.gif

My b/f says he taped it for me and will share it with me if I am nice to him. Not sure I trust him. Think he just wants me to be "nice" to him.

I'm still crying about them killing Shannon. What will they think of next? Wait! What's that? Think I hear the mailman bringing me disks three and four.

Later,

Cel

oh, and btw....nice board you have here...have enjoyed being a lurker for quite some time

QUOTE (Celine @ Oct 5 2006, 09:33 AM)
Okay, I confess. I gave myself a headache trying to read that horrid yellow font. But SHAME ON ME. I am only up to disk two of season two. I promised myself I would watch them all in time for the premiere, but things happen -- I'm blaming NetFlix. Then I promised I would tape the premiere and watch it once I caught up, but things happen -- who knew last night was Wednesday and not Tuesday? So I've missed the premiere of season three. fists crying.gif

Good news, Celine!

ABC started making their most recently aired episodes available online. If you can finish up season 2 before next Wednesday, you can still catch Ep. 1 before they rotate it off for Ep. 2.

Just go to abc.com, go to the end of the top bar, and click on Full Episodes. You'll be watching the premier in a *snap*!

Oh, awesome!! Thank you, LaFella. Rest of disk 4 tonight...5 and 6 tomorrow...then first episode of season 3 at abc.com on Wednesday....and then smooth sailing. Not sure my brain can take it, but going to give it my best effort.

I thank you again....not sure my b/f does, but I do. biggrin.gif

Lots of Lost talk to come.

Cel

wacko.gif Mission accomplished. wacko.gif

Kind of missing some of the light-heartedness of the earlier Lost though.

Think one of the funniest things I've seen on modern day television is the ridiculous argument/fight between Sawyer and Michael after their raft blew up and they are hanging on to what's left of it. Had to watch it 5 times and still laugh thinking about it.

Aside from being babe-ilicious, Sawyer is FUNNY. This guy deserves some kind of award. I know!! Dinner at my place. wub.gif

Second favorite line is when they all discover that Sun speaks English and he says something along the lines of: So what else are you hiding from us, Betty?

Incredible writers. Great show. Apparently, season three, like season two, is going to be like starting all over. Lots of new characters and locales. Should be fun.

Any of you who tried watching it and are literally "lost," there is a great recap of the first two seasons on abc.com "previews" to get you caught up. I fell asleep halfway through it last night (from lack of energy, not lack of interest), but is a great way to make it all make sense.

Cel

Edited by Celine

I missed the last one sad.gif & when i went to the site Canada gets a NO No to watch it sad.gif Can anyone tell me what i missed i tried to tape it but my cable was acting up i guess and it is too noisy to watch .I was a the Firemans Dinner .Help sad.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Oct 13 2006, 11:17 AM)
I missed the last one sad.gif & when i went to the site Canada gets a NO No to watch it sad.gif Can anyone tell me what i missed i tried to tape it but my cable was acting up i guess and it is too noisy to watch .I was a the Firemans Dinner .Help sad.gif

Click here for a full recap.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Oct 14 2006, 10:50 AM)
Thanks Jack biggrin.gif

Anything for you, m'dear!

Oh, yeah....they're back in the jungle....and Charlie went back to being humorous, rather than pathetic. Great show tonight!!

Guess it might take another week or so before Hurley gets to be funny again, mourning the death of his hot blonde girlfriend and all, but there is hope.

Ummm, the polar bear is still hilariously fake, but it did have my little ones covering their eyes.

Nice to see Boone show up again. Great how your character can get killed off and you're still on the cast. Maybe someday they'll explain how Shannon managed to get to Australia, when her last flashback had her begging for money to get to New York. Did I miss something?

Oh, no...not Ecko!! Did appreciate the "Jesus stick" falling out of the sky and knocking some sense into Locke again. Am never quite sure if I like Locke or not. Think that's what they're shooting for though.

Anybody know why Locke looks so familiar? Was he in some old '70's sitcom or something? Am betting Jack will know the answer to this one. His eyes look sooo familiar. Locke's, not Jack's.

Sucks having to wait until next week though. Sooo much more fun having all the DVD's sitting there and doing a marathon Lost session.

Cel

QUOTE (Celine @ Oct 19 2006, 12:47 PM)
Oh, yeah....they're back in the jungle....and Charlie went back to being humorous, rather than pathetic. Great show tonight!!

Guess it might take another week or so before Hurley gets to be funny again, mourning the death of his hot blonde girlfriend and all, but there is hope.

Ummm, the polar bear is still hilariously fake, but it did have my little ones covering their eyes.

Nice to see Boone show up again. Great how your character can get killed off and you're still on the cast. Maybe someday they'll explain how Shannon managed to get to Australia, when her last flashback had her begging for money to get to New York. Did I miss something?

Oh, no...not Ecko!! Did appreciate the "Jesus stick" falling out of the sky and knocking some sense into Locke again. Am never quite sure if I like Locke or not. Think that's what they're shooting for though.

Anybody know why Locke looks so familiar? Was he in some old '70's sitcom or something? Am betting Jack will know the answer to this one. His eyes look sooo familiar. Locke's, not Jack's.

Sucks having to wait until next week though. Sooo much more fun having all the DVD's sitting there and doing a marathon Lost session.

Cel

Terry O'Quinn has a fairly impressive body of work, mostly in TV. You may recognize him from such shows as 'The X Files', 'Law & Order', 'JAG', 'Alias', 'Harsh Realm', 'The West Wing' and 'Millenium'. His most prominent movie roles are as Howard Hughes in 'The Rocketeer' and as Mayor Clum in 'Tombstone' (or as I call it, one of the ten greatest movies ever made). Here's his IMDB page: Terry O'Quinn.