Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Feb 29 2008, 10:13 AM)
I didn't fully "get" it, but still a good episode. So are Desmond's visions in past episodes all due to what happened to him last night?

that's only one of many questions I have.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (manrush14 @ Feb 29 2008, 01:12 PM)
I didn't fully "get" it, but still a good episode. So are Desmond's visions in past episodes all due to what happened to him last night?

Hey dude - how's it going?

Yeah last night's episode was *ZAPPED*. The storyline is getting more and more and more out of control.

If Desmond really is working in the present and past (and probably soon to be future) don't be surprised if he is soon mucking around with the Oceanic Six... changing things we already saw happen... and eventually prevent the crash of Oceanic 815 itself.

The series finale will show the plane landing safely in LA with everyone giving each other odd looks on the way out.

LOL

ph34r.gif

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 29 2008, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (manrush14 @ Feb 29 2008, 01:12 PM)

Hey dude - how's it going?

Yeah last night's episode was *ZAPPED*. The storyline is getting more and more and more out of control.

If Desmond really is working in the present and past (and probably soon to be future) don't be surprised if he is soon mucking around with the Oceanic Six... changing things we already saw happen... and eventually prevent the crash of Oceanic 815 itself.

The series finale will show the plane landing safely in LA with everyone giving each other odd looks on the way out.

LOL

ph34r.gif

or it'll end with the plane actually ending up at the bottom of the ocean.

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 29 2008, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (manrush14 @ Feb 29 2008, 02:15 PM)
* SPOILER *

I was also suprised at Fisher Steven's short lived role.

Fisher Stevens.... was he Desmonds fellow nut job guy on the boat?

yep. remember him from Short Circuit?

QUOTE (manrush14 @ Feb 29 2008, 02:12 PM)

My theory is that Desmond's visions are due to being exposed to the electromagnetic field when he and Locke shut it down. That may also explain how Locke was able to hear Jacob when Ben took him to the cabin.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 29 2008, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (manrush14 @ Feb 29 2008, 02:12 PM)

My theory is that Desmond's visions are due to being exposed to the electromagnetic field when he and Locke shut it down. That may also explain how Locke was able to hear Jacob when Ben took him to the cabin.

goodpost.gif

Great insight, Jack yes.gif

QUOTE (manrush14 @ Feb 29 2008, 02:20 PM)
* SPOILER *

No man... about the only thing I remember from Short Circuit is that crazy theme song "Whose Johnny".

LOL talk about retro 80s.

Anybuddy remembers who sings that?

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 29 2008, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (manrush14 @ Feb 29 2008, 02:20 PM)
* SPOILER *

No man... about the only thing I remember from Short Circuit is that crazy theme song "Whose Johnny".

LOL talk about retro 80s.

Anybuddy remembers who sings that?

cool10.gif

El Debarge.

how do I know that?

Internet.

Of all the things that messed me up about Lost last night was this...

http://bp2.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/R8fP3n0LKxI/AAAAAAAAUqM/zVSn4AeLSPY/s1600/screen-capture-14.jpg

He knew ahead of time about Desmond yet needed to instruct Desmond to go back in time thereby completing a totally warped space time continuum loop like we haven't see since Warf replaced the dilithium crystals with Folger's Crystals.

Which came first the chicken or the egg? Did he meet Desmond for the first time on the island - or before the island... or did he first meet him on the island then change the past?

Everyone's little 'time loops' getting smaller and smaller as Danny explains it... I wonder how that relates to Hurley's friend in the nut house that kept say the numbers over and over again... or even whether Jacob himself might have been reduced smaller and smaller in this loop until he has not even physical form left.. yet only these crazy powers of his. This may explain when Jacob whispers "Help me..." to Locke and the reason why Benjamin went off the handle on Locke after that.

*SPOILERS*

Desmond's consiousness was time travelling. But not his body. They aren't visions, they are jumps between timelines. I believe Lost is all about quantum physics. And the island's properties are unique to the world, enabling strange occurrances to happen. You can call it destiny, however everything that has happen can be explained through quantum theory.

This was one of my favourite episodes!

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Feb 29 2008, 03:23 PM)
*SPOILERS*

Desmond's consiousness was time travelling. But not his body. They aren't visions, they are jumps between timelines. I believe Lost is all about quantum physics. And the island's properties are unique to the world, enabling strange occurrances to happen. You can call it destiny, however everything that has happen can be explained through quantum theory.

This was one of my favourite episodes!

or maybe they're just in hell.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 4 2008, 02:01 AM)
Does anyone else thinks Daniel circa 1996 would make a good Charlie Manson circa 1969? laugh.gif wacko.gif

Oh, absolutely! Especially after seeing him in 'Rescue Dawn'! Click.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 4 2008, 07:56 AM)
Does anyone else thinks Daniel circa 1996 would make a good Charlie Manson circa 1969?  laugh.gif  wacko.gif

you are never gonna believe this but he DID play Manson....in that Helter Skelter remake from a few years ago.

ohmy.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383393/

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 4 2008, 08:37 PM)
Does anyone else thinks Daniel circa 1996 would make a good Charlie Manson circa 1969?  laugh.gif  wacko.gif

you are never gonna believe this but he DID play Manson....in that Helter Skelter remake from a few years ago.

Holy crap! We totally called it! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 6 2008, 10:07 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 4 2008, 08:37 PM)

Holy crap! We totally called it! laugh.gif

The thing is I watched that one...just never dawned on me that was the same guy....I guess because it wasn't as memorable or as good as the original....though I have to say Jeremy makes a better Charlie then Steve Railsback did in the original.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 14 2008, 12:33 PM)
so after last night episode I have lots of questions.

oh so many questions... eh.gif

Me too. This season seems to be better than last, though. Too bad it will be short.