Harry Potter OOTP

pixey

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is slated for a July 13, 2007 release, says WB.

Ok so this might be a problem or really brilliant, I heard it both ways. The Final Harry Potter book is rumored to be released on 07-07-07, which we know from the series is a magical number. Some are saying that they arent going to release the final book and the movie (on the 13th too!) at nearly the same time. I disagree! Nothing wrong with some Harry Potter hysteria!

Link to news

I'm kind of "over" the movies. I'll still see them and all, and even be excited to see them, but the last two have proven that they're mere shadows of the books - entertaining, but severely lacking the depth of the books - kind of like a Reader's Digest version.

I'm way looking forward to the release of book 7, and that to me is the true event. No offense, I LOVE the Harry Potter stories with a passion, so don't think I'm not a true fan, I just personally don't think they're translating to the screen very well anymore.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Apr 7 2006, 09:23 AM)
I still havent read a single book nor seen more then the first movie...

ph34r.gif

You're missing out. The books are so indepth and there is so much going on. Go to one of the message boards and just look at the tittle of the threads. I still don't know anyone else that I know that I can talk too about everything thats in the books and everything that the books don't say.

Can't wait. I am one a fan of the movies. I've only read the 1st book. Goob, the films may lack the depth of the book, but that's the genre. The book will always have more depth. I love the films, and I think they're doing a great job so far.

OOTP update. According to Rupert Grint (Ronald Weasley) they are about half way down filming. So far these scenes (maybe more) have been filmed.

Grawp and Firneze scenes

Umbridge being carried off by the Centaurs

DA scene where Hermione is kicking Rons butt

Carbbe, Goyle, Malfoy and others in Umbridges office, the fight scene

The fireworks scene with Fred and George (YA!)

The kiss between Harry and Cho

Jim McManus has been cast as Aberforth, which means the group scene where they set up the DA will be fimed.

The Dursleys will be in the movie

From everything that I have heard the most important scenes will be in the movie. As some of you may know there is a different writer this time, for the first time there is a different guy writing the script.

Cant wait for the big fight at the Ministry!

I am bringing this back up, I wanted to change the title but it wont let me edit it, and kinda make this an update thread. I am active poster over over at The Leaky Cauldron and visit their news site as often as possible sp I thought I would keep you all informed.

There is a widget available for the OOTP countdown and it also delivers the latest news right to your desktop Widget available here this is also the main news site with links to many HP things. A couple of new set photos are out, look at their gallery.

Also over at The Leaky Cauldron you can get a glimpse of the actors and actresses who will play in the next movie. BTW Helena Bonham Carter will be playing Bellatrix LeStrange. Also the role of Aberforth has been cast.

A special commercial type thing was made for the Queens birthday starring Harry, Hermione, Ron and Neville all in their Hogwarts apperal. thanks to The Laeky Cauldron

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/pixey/7e5f435b.jpg

This is a new promo photo, its blurry because its a photo of the photo curteosy of aint it cool news. Sorry about the size, if someone can reduce it that would be fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/pixey/3f6a6e07.jpg

sweet Pixey!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Cool, looking forward to the next movie. I really like the Potter series books, and movies.

We can't afford to buy the books but we will when we can. I love the movies & I usually rather wacth the movie first then read. Most adaptations aren't the way you'd hope & makes the switch easier!

The library has them all, pick them up there. Just make sure you read them in order. lol

OOTP should be the best of the movies, even if GOF was the best of the books.

I just KNOW that Occlumency lessons will be in the trailers!

Radcliffe: I am not weak!

Rickman: Prove it!

...how could you NOT have that in a trailer?

But seriously, that famed july of next year is just too far away.

oh my god that's over a year away. i don't think i can wait that long!!!!

oh well, it's actually kinda cool to have a series that i'm like waiting for. i just got into the dark tower and those are all out already so i feel like i'm behind lol. same with the vampire chronicles, although i haven't finished those yet.

with harry potter i started slightly late, i didn't get into it until the third book was already out, but still, i was able to catch up easily and then i had to wait for book 4, had to wait for book 5, and had to wait for book 6, now i'm waiting for book 7. really makes me feel like part of it biggrin.gif . plus waiting will just make the experience better when it finally comes out.

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Jun 24 2006, 02:20 AM)
Given how, in general, books are better than movies, I'm actually not going to read the books until I see all the movies.

If I do it the other way around, I'll be disapointed.

I'm loving the movies so far!

laugh.gif That was my plan too, until I was talking to a friend about the movies and she told me some stuff. I said no way! I ran home and read the books. My kids had the books so that was no problem.

If anyone is near Leavesden Studios, try to catch the filming! Also those near Glenfinnan, Glencoe and Glen Etive Scotland can try to catch the filming once they have returned from hiatus in Mid July.

Now for some more.

In an interview with Young Sirius Black (James Walter), Snapes Worst Memory is due to start filming in July and that production is currently on a one month hiatus due to the kids all having exams.

7-7-07 cant some soon enough!

At the Queens birthday JK Rowling only said this about the final book.

"I am feeling sad as it is the last one. But so far, so good. I'm am doing well I think. You can never really tell till you get near the end. I am not quite there yet."