The 'United 93' trailer is available

Jack Aubrey

Yes, this is the film about the hijacked plane on 9/11 on which the passengers bravely and selflessly thwarted the horrible intentions of the evil hijackers. I'll be seeing this one. 'United 93'

Just found this myself today. Your absolutely correct, it is extremely powerful! This is a movie you know you will have to bring tissue to. I have never cried over a movie but there has never been a story like this.

Let's wait until the movie actually is out and we see it before we start giving it great praise. No offense, but Hollywood has a habit of screwing up what would seem to be great historical stories (Pearl Harbor and Munich come to mind).

I caught the last 30 minutes of this film recently. Wow. I'd been avoiding ripping the scab off that wound for a while. Very emotional, and well made film from what I could tell. Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 6 2008, 11:03 AM)
I caught the last 30 minutes of this film recently. Wow. I'd been avoiding ripping the scab off that wound for a while. Very emotional, and well made film from what I could tell.

You know how it's gonna end, yet because the director did such a fantastic job telling the story, your heart (at least mine was) is pounding. Completely pulled into the 'reality' of the movie.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Mar 25 2006, 01:48 PM)
Let's wait until the movie actually is out and we see it before we start giving it great praise. No offense, but Hollywood has a habit of screwing up what would seem to be great historical stories (Pearl Harbor and Munich come to mind).

Pearl Harbor-- awful

Munich-- great

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 6 2008, 10:03 AM)
I caught the last 30 minutes of this film recently. Wow. I'd been avoiding ripping the scab off that wound for a while. Very emotional, and well made film from what I could tell.

I saw a good part of it on cable awhile back, also. Yeah, it was all that and more.

Put a lump in the back of my throat.

"Goddam, if only they'd been able to....." I kept thinking to myself.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 8 2011, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 8 2011, 11:21 PM)
"United 93" just came out on Blu-ray. I plan on buying it and watching it on Sunday.

Real hard for me to watch that sad.gif

The first time I saw it was when it first ran on HBO, probably back in 2007. I remember pounding my fists into the couch during the film's closing moments as the passengers were attempting to take control of the plane. I've never felt such rage while watching a movie. No fictional tale can have that effect.

I've seen it a few times since then, and it's still not easy to watch. But I watch it every 9/11 now, just like I watch "Saving Private Ryan" on either June 6th or on Memorial Day.