The Sopranos thread!

Jack Aubrey

Big show tonight. Vito is no more. Phil took matters into his own hands, and Sil and Carlo whacked one of Phil's captains in return. I think Phil was itching for a war, though. He still wants payback for his brother's death.

Funniest scene in the show tonight was when Carmela and Ro are in Paris, and Ro meets a guy there. Carmela asks Ro if she is going to go out with him, and she says yeah. Carmela says, "But he's 26 years old!" Ro then says, "DUUUUHHHHHHH!' laugh.gif

I'm wondering how long AJ will last at the construction site. I get the feeling he's going to quit after a week or so.

Meadow escapes to California. I think she wants to get as far away as possible from home, regardless of whether it works out or not with Finn.

Interesting dream Carmela had where she sees Adrianna walking her dog in Paris.

I thought the funniest part was seeing Carm absolutely mesmerized by the beautiful French statues and architecture, just soaking in the beauty of the city, then it cuts to NJ with Silvio telling the guy cleaning the Bada Bing sign, "...and get that shit off her t*ts!" laugh.gif

Glenn Beck is interviewing Steve 'Bobby Bacala' Schirripa on his radio show. Steve's first question: "So, ya wanna play pool with Vito now?" rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

By the way, how did you like Phil Leotardo's entrance in Vito's motel room? He literally came out of the closet.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 22 2006, 09:11 AM)
By the way, how did you like Phil Leotardo's entrance in Vito's motel room? He literally came out of the closet.

Good observation there.

The season finale should be interesting.

Call me crazy, but check this out...

Chris' girlfriend/wife says she's pregnant. But three weeks back when they were all having dinner at Tony's house with the stolen wine, didn't she have some and compliment how good it was? If you knew you were pregnant, would you be drinking alcohol?

Remember, the Feds had used Adrianna for a while to keep tabs on Chris. He is not the sharpest tool in shed by any means. I think Chris' wife is a Fed. We've got a few more episodes to find out...

QUOTE (Milton Banana @ May 25 2006, 12:47 AM)

Chris' girlfriend/wife says she's pregnant. But three weeks back when they were all having dinner at Tony's house with the stolen wine, didn't she have some and compliment how good it was? If you knew you were pregnant, would you be drinking alcohol?

I have heard somewhere that a glass of wine now and then isn't too harmful.

Last night's episode was easily the funniest one of the season.

You think so? I thought it was kinda dull. The only laugh out loud moment for me was when Phil said he had to go take a shit.

For me the highlight of funny this year was when Christopher (easily had the most classic lines of the year) beat up Lauren Bacall.

Christophers line of the year (there were many) is tied between, "Eh dont you think its ironic that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease" and "Allegra? They named her after a cold medicine?" and "Yeah, you know that show, Law and Order SUV..."

Classics.

I may be in the minority, but I think this was one of the weakest seasons yet, and the finale did nothing to sway my opinion. I had some hope after the double-whacking in the episode before, and then after last night began with kicking the head down the sewer and the bombing, but it quickly reverted back to the weak form of the entire season. I hope Chase pulls it all back together for the final 8 episodes......but I'm not optimistic about it.

QUOTE (Milton Banana @ May 24 2006, 11:47 PM)

Remember, the Feds had used Adrianna for a while to keep tabs on Chris. He is not the sharpest tool in shed by any means. I think Chris' wife is a Fed. We've got a few more episodes to find out...

oh well... there's that idea shot to hell. What do I know? confused13.gif

I finally watched the finale. On demand is a great feature we just discovered. laugh.gif

What's going to happen now that Phil is in the hospital? Will the war between NY and NJ continue? Or will they all get back to earning again?

Some interesting new twists:

Anthony has a new girlfriend. Has she been one of Paulie's interests before? I don't think Tony and Carmela are too keen on this, especially Carmela. Anthony has lasted longer in construction than I had thought he would, though. What will become of Anthony next season?

Chris hooked up with Julia Marguiles' character. Tony backed out of that, tried again, and was rebuffed. I think this could be a sore spot next season. Chris continues on the downward spiral. He was quick to find an inamorata, and they seem to be doing a great job of enabling one another. Chris makes me feel like I'm watching Requiem for a Dream again sometimes. I wonder if Chris is going to get ratted out by Marguiles' character eventually. He's telling her too much.

Next season should be interesting. Who will get whacked? Who will end up in jail? What will become of this thing of theirs? Can't wait to find out.

Big fat bumper.gif

The Sopranos return on Sunday night at 9 PM EST!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 15 2006, 05:59 PM)
I can't believe that I haven't already started a thread about this. Sunday night's ep was really good. Almost worth the wait. You gotta hand it to them, they started the season with a bang! I put a spoiler warning on the thread title, so feel free to discuss anything about the show in this thread.

I was told this is the last season of Sopranos.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 6 2007, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 15 2006, 05:59 PM)
I can't believe that I haven't already started a thread about this. Sunday night's ep was really good. Almost worth the wait. You gotta hand it to them, they started the season with a bang! I put a spoiler warning on the thread title, so feel free to discuss anything about the show in this thread.

I was told this is the last season of Sopranos.

It is.

I can't wait...All the press about the last episode and the trouble with the town of Bloomfield...got my intrest up even more. Growing up 3 towns away from Bloomfield it's awesome to watch. smile.gif

Okay, who watched the opener tonight?

I think Tony is going to figure out a way to either whack Bobby or have him pinched for the hit job. And then he's going to find a way to push Janice further away. (I really don't like the character of Janice, by the way.)

The Feds are circling the wagons around Tony now. County inadvertently forced the Feds to start playing their hand. This will play itself out in this final season.

Interesting that Tony hung up on Chris immediately. Not sure what that was about. Any ideas?

What path is A.J. headed down, also? That's a train wreck in the making.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 8 2007, 10:32 PM)

I think Tony is going to figure out a way to either whack Bobby or have him pinched for the hit job. And then he's going to find a way to push Janice further away. (I really don't like the character of Janice, by the way.)

The Feds are circling the wagons around Tony now. County inadvertently forced the Feds to start playing their hand. This will play itself out in this final season.

Interesting that Tony hung up on Chris immediately. Not sure what that was about. Any ideas?

What path is A.J. headed down, also? That's a train wreck in the making.

Janice is without a doubt the most annoying character of the series. meadow came close in her "Jackie Junior" whiny days, but Janice has the crown now for good. Yeah he hung up on Chris, but maybe just cause he was pissed. Not much resolved, but some good laughs...

"Under the Boardwalk...Janice...with some guys schlong..."

(*BOOM*)

AJ is AJ - he'll never change.....

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 9 2007, 07:59 AM)

I think Tony is going to figure out a way to either whack Bobby or have him pinched for the hit job.  And then he's going to find a way to push Janice further away.  (I really don't like the character of Janice, by the way.) 

The Feds are circling the wagons around Tony now.  County inadvertently forced the Feds to start playing their hand.  This will play itself out in this final season.

Interesting that Tony hung up on Chris immediately.  Not sure what that was about.  Any ideas? 

What path is A.J. headed down, also?  That's a train wreck in the making.

Janice is without a doubt the most annoying character of the series. meadow came close in her "Jackie Junior" whiny days, but Janice has the crown now for good. Yeah he hung up on Chris, but maybe just cause he was pissed. Not much resolved, but some good laughs...

(*BOOM*)

I hate Janice! She's a whiny, shallow, self-absorbed bitch and I hope she gets whacked soon. That being said, I tip my hat to Aida Turturro for portraying her so damned well. It takes a terrific actor to make you hate their character.

Tony hung up on Christophuh because he wasn't there when Tony came home from jail.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 9 2007, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 9 2007, 07:59 AM)

I think Tony is going to figure out a way to either whack Bobby or have him pinched for the hit job.  And then he's going to find a way to push Janice further away.  (I really don't like the character of Janice, by the way.) 

The Feds are circling the wagons around Tony now.  County inadvertently forced the Feds to start playing their hand.  This will play itself out in this final season.

Interesting that Tony hung up on Chris immediately.  Not sure what that was about.  Any ideas? 

What path is A.J. headed down, also?  That's a train wreck in the making.

(*BOOM*)

I hate Janice! She's a whiny, shallow, self-absorbed bitch and I hope she gets whacked soon. That being said, I tip my hat to Aida Turturro for portraying her so damned well. It takes a terrific actor to make you hate their character.

Tony hung up on Christophuh because he wasn't there when Tony came home from jail.

Duh - thats right, I forgot about that. "I thought he was here"...

Another highlight, Bobby whining over Monopoly....

hey!

come on now fellas!!

i haven't watched this yet!!!

angry.gif

kishug.gif

Sorry ladi....

I can't belive how much that episode set up the last season. What a way for Tony to get his revenge on Bobby! Just the very thing they talked about that Bobby always skated on this and now after the beating Tony hands it to him, the one thing he avoided. Can any one say Wack someone or be wacked.

Tony is truly a sick man. Gotta love it!

Bobby also set him self up to go down with out Tony doing a thing...all the DNA talk and he leaves so much behind.