TRF member's original music

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Nov 12 2006, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Oct 30 2006, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Oct 30 2006, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 6 2006, 05:04 PM)
OK Musicians, here is our own place to upload your songs, videos and biographies. Get to it!!
The Rush Forum Musicians Page

**NOTE -- This is NOT for the whole world, it IS for TRF members only!!
You can however give the link out to your friends so they can hear your work.

Hey, I uploaded two songs by my band. Sorry I couldn't zip the files and stuff.... I'm totally computer illiterate.

Let me know what else you need, etc.

Hey Finbar,

Why don't you use your bands website/server for your songs? I would love to put them on the TRF site but if you have your own server, why not use it?

Uhhh, Dylan and Byron run the website... I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying...

What's a server?

OOPS! I wasn't logged in!!!!!

Sorry Christine. I posted under your login...

See? I said I'm computer illiterate.

What I'm saying is , your band Has a website. So post your songs on your website server. A server is the house that your bands website lives in.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 14 2006, 08:13 PM)
What I'm saying is , your band Has a website. So post your songs on your website server. A server is the house that your bands website lives in.

Oh... I don't know how to do that.

I believe the guys in the band were gonna put songs up on the site for download and then said, because of the particular server they're using, we wouldn't be able to, so they set up a Myspace and uploaded four songs there instead.

Edited by Finbar

I might consider posting my songs as well. Just need a little more info as to how to go about this. I've never done this before, so excuse me if I sound a little dumb here. unsure.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ May 13 2007, 12:12 PM)
I uploaded the song my friend and I made yesterday on the musicians' page. It should be up soon...

Sorry for the delay. I will get it up on the page asap but here is the raw url if you need it.

http://www.mikekreidel.com/uploads/files/0...ounder_Nest.wma

I'm going to actually build a website (instead of a page) for the trf musicians. It will be very user friendly and you'll be able to upload and post songs instantly.

I'll start on this today.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 5 2006, 08:38 PM)
Hey gang!
launchpad67a has generously offered to host a space on his server for our members' musical, um, musings. This thread will be pinned at the top of the Making Modern Music forum for ready access.

Perhaps even I will upload some tunes of relevance as well (or at least my semi recent past).  062802puke_prv.gif

Thanks to Mike for his generosity!

The Rush Forum Musicians Site

Thank-you, Mike.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ May 16 2007, 09:11 PM)
EDIT Not working. I can't get it on myspace because I don't have an mp3 program. Just iTunes and WMP. eh.gif

You can use iTunes to make mp3s. Preferences > Advanced > Importing > Import using: mp3 encoder. Once you have set that setting, you can right-click or ctrl left-click a song and select "convert selection to mp3" from the popup menu. You can also select from a bunch of different bitrates up to 320.

New song! It's a remake of an instrumental I wrote waaaay back in middle school called "Words Cannot Express". Head here to listen:

Here

If you like it, you can purchase a high-bitrate copy there as well. Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

About ten years ago I was in a band that tried that. We had a couple songs used in Indy Films, which we didn't get paid for. It's only around $300/year, so I think it's worth it even if you don't make any money from it. Obviously, the more marketable your band is, the more opportunities you will get with Taxi.

the best opportunity i've seen lately for unsigned bands is the "next great american band" which will be on fox this fall. i believe the numbers are forecasted at 30 million viewers. you can't buy that kind of publicity.

sorry guys. i'm trying to post with my phone and it duplicated my last post. anyway, if you happen to watch fox 8pm oct 19th, look out for a pumpkin drummer... Edited by the masked drummer

Hey I've uploaded some more of my former Dogtown project. The rest of it in fact at the request of one of the members. I figured I would oblige, if I could find it. I did and I did. I hope you like it. Cyg's TRF page

I will be adding some more recent stuff soon too. I have been recording with my boss and his album is out. I am on 5 of 9 tracks on the album. He's a Hammond organ player and the music is kind of funky/jazzy/fusiony. I will put up a couple of those tracks soon. We will be taking this stuff out for shows. The album was featured on KUSP radio out of Santa Cruz, CA. There was a lengthy interview and 7 songs were played, 4 of which I recorded.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

SMR, I don't want to register as a member to hear your music. That's why I created TRFM because it has no restrictions and anyone can listen to anyones music at any time. wink.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 24 2008, 11:19 PM)
SMR, I don't want to register as a member to hear your music. That's why I created TRFM because it has no restrictions and anyone can listen to anyones music at any time. wink.gif

It's a great idea!!

What is the maximum size of the files we can upload?

HELP!

i can't upload my song to TRFM, it comes up with this box that says something about "POSTDATA" please help, i'd like to get my stuff up!!

EDIT:

there are some links on my Sig to some stuff me and my brother have done

Edited by Choose/the/light

My band, Sweet Nasty, has finished tracking for our new record (ep). I just put up the second mixes on our site, check 'em out!!

Sweet Nasty (second mixes) - go to the Audio Page

Edited by launchpad67a