The official Hilda thread...

Tick

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2006, 11:21 AM)
Actually, I just did something that I've been meaning to do since yesterday.  I went back and read every post she did on TRF (all 20 of them! tongue.gif) and looked very carefully at the grammar and spelling, and then i looked at the two PM's she sent me.  I gotta say that they are VERY close!  If someone is playing a prank, they went to a LOT of trouble and are doing a very good job of it!  I noticed in her TRF posts that sometimes she starts sentences with a capital letter, sometimes not, that sometimes there is an extra space between a sentence and a period or exclamation point, and she sometims likes to use more than one exclamation point when emphasizing a point.  There are also sometimes extra spaces between a word and a comma, sometimes not.  Many of these factors show up in the PM's

Now, in the interests of full disclosure, there are a couple of points from the other side.  First, there are more spelling errors and transposed letters in the PM's, than in her posts (of which there ARE some spelling errors in her posts), but that could be a result of the more casual natures of PM's where people tend to do less proofreading.

I guess the most suspicious factor is that in a PM she said "rumours".  Either this is a spelling error, or a givewaway that this person is European, as Americans spell it "rumors". 

I also looked at a sampling of posts from the person Necro is accusing of portraying Hilda, and none of these spelling or grammatical errors are present, so if this person IS playing a prank, they've again gone to a lot of trouble to make it seem like "not them".

So, in the end my sleuthing hasn't turned up anything definitive, but it does show that it could still go either way.  I am most definitively NOT convinced that this is an imposter.  Should further evidence pop up, I may change that assumption...

Y'know... me and CeeJ discussed the word RUMOUR also. Just forgot to mention it today. I think the spelling errors, as there were so many in those pms, are to throw accusation on ANOTHER Flamer.... our leader TICK himself.

Everyone knows Tick can't spell for beans, or space after a comma... so that would be a perfect way of throwing the light of accusation on HIM. But I ain't buyin' it for a second. no.gif

while it's true that it's a Tick characteristic of not spacing properly for commas, and periods, one look at Hilda's posts will tell you that she is also not perfect at that. if it was merely a ruse by the impersonator, trying to frame Tick, then that person unwittingly stumbled upon a similar characteristic that the real Hilda also happens to use. it seems awfully coincidental. i'm still not buying that it's definitely not her. it could still be her... confused13.gif

incidentally, in case anyone gets suspicious, after having talked on the phone to tick about this issue yesterday, i'm convinced it's NOT him behind this, just in case that theory comes up...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2006, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 07:18 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 1 2006, 11:15 AM)
wacko.gif  unsure.gif Ok i want the truth & nothing but the truth Hilda get your butt in here and stop this Now  blah.gif  fists crying.gif  eh.gif

http://www.filmsondisc.com/images/kindergartencop.jpg

Here me nowwww.... listen to me later... it is NOT A HILDA!!!

No offense Necro, but there HAVE been times here on TRF when you were throughly convinced that something was going on or that something seemed to be the case, only to find out later that you were mistaken. You do not have a 100% infallibility record, so even though you seem very convinced and are very convincing that is NOT HER, I just can't blindly accept that fact based on the evidence presented thus far.

I remain open-minded as to the genuineness of this "Hilda".

ohmy.gif

WHEN have I EVER BEEN WRONG???? You name me just ONE specific time I was wrong. JUST ONE!!!

Besides... it's Detective John Kimball that is saying it's NOT a Hilda. Not me.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 07:35 AM)
WHEN have I EVER BEEN WRONG???? You name me just ONE specific time I was wrong. JUST ONE!!!

I seem to remember you had some theory when CP came down that you thought there were plans to combine TRF and CP into one board. I remember you talking to me about it and I thought it was really a pretty wacky theory, but you seemed so convinced that this was the case, and I even seem to remember you posting about it once on the long-ass CP thread that was going for awhile.

That hasn't been the only time, but that will serve as an example.

Hey, man, you ASKED! tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2006, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 07:35 AM)
WHEN have I EVER BEEN WRONG????  You name me just ONE specific time I was wrong.  JUST ONE!!!

I seem to remember you had some theory when CP came down that you thought there were plans to combine TRF and CP into one board. I remember you talking to me about it and I thought it was really a pretty wacky theory, but you seemed so convinced that this was the case, and I even seem to remember you posting about it once on the long-ass CP thread that was going for awhile.

That hasn't been the only time, but that will serve as an example.

Hey, man, you ASKED! tongue.gif

you're just cruel. sniff...

now come to chat with me and disco

wow ! i am worn out after reading all that. i think most sencible people would not even entertain the thought im behind this, i can assure you im not. i do however want to believe like a child believes in santa that our hilda is out there lurking at cp. my hope is when she realizes what dickheads they are she will look for her first love, t.r.f. i believe the glorious day will come flamekeepers !

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 1 2006, 03:52 PM)
wow ! i am worn out after reading all that. i think most sencible people would not even entertain the thought im behind this, i can assure you im not. i do however want to believe like a child believes in santa that our hilda is out there lurking at cp. my hope is when she realizes what dickheads they are she will look for her first love, t.r.f. i believe the glorious day will come flamekeepers !

z7shysterical.gif

Three things.

1) CP was her first home. I remember when the old board was up and I made the first crossover board search for her, that her join date there was before TRF.

2) Give it up bro. YES... Hilda is out there. Whoever it is at CP... NOT ME by the way... is NOT OUR HILDA. She will be back. But i'm betting not till the new CD is released. I will only accept hilda from TRF. Only she knows the password and only SHE can access her account. Even the admins won't do that for a joke. They are fine upstanding admins and no matter how much i offered RR... he refus.... I mean... uhhh... They won't do that. no.gif

3) If CP is all dicks... how come there's a picture of YOU there??? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 1 2006, 03:52 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

Three things.

1) CP was her first home. I remember when the old board was up and I made the first crossover board search for her, that her join date there was before TRF.

2) Give it up bro. YES... Hilda is out there. Whoever it is at CP... NOT ME by the way... is NOT OUR HILDA. She will be back. But i'm betting not till the new CD is released. I will only accept hilda from TRF. Only she knows the password and only SHE can access her account. Even the admins won't do that for a joke. They are fine upstanding admins and no matter how much i offered RR... he refus.... I mean... uhhh... They won't do that. no.gif

3) If CP is all dicks... how come there's a picture of YOU there??? confused13.gif

im not sure what you mean on point 3, but if there is a picture of me there its probably cause they need someone they can aspire to be like. biggrin.gif always aim high ! yes.gif

I can't believe this is happening. I really have no idea what to say here. I thought this thread died long ago, but no....Somewhat of a rebirth is happening here. Either the real Hilda or an impostor Hilda is on the Counterparts board and at large. How on Earth will we find out who this person/persons/he/she is? I'll tell you this: The recent posts in this thread have revived and given a rebirth to the Flame Of Hope. I will now insert a NEW Flame Of Hope into my sig in hopes that whoever this person is will come out from hiding. This is not like a war. This is not like a battle. This situation, ladies and ticks, is FAR worse than any situation we've had for quite some time. Whoever this person is better come out from hiding or we Flame Keepers will whip out our pitchforks and there will be major HELL TO PAY!!! rage.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 1 2006, 12:30 PM)
I can't believe this is happening. I really have no idea what to say here. I thought this thread died long ago, but no....Somewhat of a rebirth is happening here. Either the real Hilda or an impostor Hilda is on the Counterparts board and at large. How on Earth will we find out who this person/persons/he/she is? I'll tell you this: The recent posts in this thread have revived and given a rebirth to the Flame Of Hope. I will now insert a NEW Flame Of Hope into my sig in hopes that whoever this person is will come out from hiding. This is not like a war. This is not like a battle. This situation, ladies and ticks, is FAR worse than any situation we've had for quite some time. Whoever this person is better come out from hiding or we Flame Keepers will whip out our pitchforks and there will be major HELL TO PAY!!!  rage.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  pokey.gif

goodpost.gif

While I do not have the confidence Necro does that this Hilda is not the REAL Hilda, I do agree that the only way we're going to find out for sure is if we see postings ON trf from the Hilda account that's been dormant since December. Until then, we can all speculate, but the truth will be hard to discern, unless of course there is conclusive evidence that this account on the new cp IS an imposter. I don't believe that has occurred. Until then, the jury is out and my flame of hope will stay in my sig. eh.gif

KEEP THE FLAME OF HOPE ALIVE, BURNING BRIGHTLY AND WHITE HOT!*

*boy, I never thought I'd hear myself say THAT again... unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2006, 06:11 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 1 2006, 12:30 PM)
I can't believe this is happening. I really have no idea what to say here. I thought this thread died long ago, but no....Somewhat of a rebirth is happening here. Either the real Hilda or an impostor Hilda is on the Counterparts board and at large. How on Earth will we find out who this person/persons/he/she is? I'll tell you this: The recent posts in this thread have revived and given a rebirth to the Flame Of Hope. I will now insert a NEW Flame Of Hope into my sig in hopes that whoever this person is will come out from hiding. This is not like a war. This is not like a battle. This situation, ladies and ticks, is FAR worse than any situation we've had for quite some time. Whoever this person is better come out from hiding or we Flame Keepers will whip out our pitchforks and there will be major HELL TO PAY!!!  rage.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  beathorse.gif  pokey.gif

goodpost.gif

While I do not have the confidence Necro does that this Hilda is not the REAL Hilda, I do agree that the only way we're going to find out for sure is if we see postings ON trf from the Hilda account that's been dormant since December. Until then, we can all speculate, but the truth will be hard to discern, unless of course there is conclusive evidence that this account on the new cp IS an imposter. I don't believe that has occurred. Until then, the jury is out and my flame of hope will stay in my sig. eh.gif

KEEP THE FLAME OF HOPE ALIVE, BURNING BRIGHTLY AND WHITE HOT!*

*boy, I never thought I'd hear myself say THAT again... unsure.gif

yeah, okay... she's the real deal. Oh... and so's the one that joined the Kansas forum too, huh? And I had nothing to do with h1lda either. All of them are the real hilda. yes.gif

sheeeeesh. wacko.gif

oh... btw... did you notice that the goodbye thread started by one supposed flamer in a kilt looked just like the pm's you got from HILDA???

Just checking. :sheesh:

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 07:00 PM)
oh... btw... did you notice that the goodbye thread started by one supposed flamer in a kilt looked just like the pm's you got from HILDA???

it might be, and then you might just be seeing what you want to see to fit your theory. i'm not saying you're wrong, for you very well may be right, i'm just saying i haven't seen definitive proof of anything and i'm choosing to remain open-minded until i do.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 2 2006, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 07:00 PM)

it might be, and then you might just be seeing what you want to see to fit your theory. i'm not saying you're wrong, for you very well may be right, i'm just saying i haven't seen definitive proof of anything and i'm choosing to remain open-minded until i do.

Cool. trink39.gif

open mindedness is good. BUT, since you told "her" all about TRF and she still hasn't posted here... doesn't THAT say something? I mean... it has to be and can only be HER that posts here. So after everything you told her, wouldn't she want to at least check this out?

"Hmmmm... some random guy just told me I'm a iconic LEGEND on a forum board. I think i'll just ignore that."

Do you really think she'd do that?

Hope away bro. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Oh by the way... there's been a sasquatch sighting near your housing park. You better watch out. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 2 2006, 05:28 AM)
open mindedness is good. BUT, since you told "her" all about TRF and she still hasn't posted here... doesn't THAT say something? I mean... it has to be and can only be HER that posts here. So after everything you told her, wouldn't she want to at least check this out?

"Hmmmm... some random guy just told me I'm a iconic LEGEND on a forum board. I think i'll just ignore that."

Do you really think she'd do that?

The Hilda works in mysterious ways. yes.gif

Well, it's heavy heart time.

Lord knows there's been a lot of emotion in this thread, highs lows and what-not. But beyond it all we've been, become, a band of borthers and brotherettes.

One of greats has left. And he was, is, great. The flame of hope burns less brightly without his fire.

I'm going to have a minute's silence, off the quest, to remember his highlights.

Shine on you Scottish FlameKeeper.

Love to all

Disco

QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 2 2006, 04:09 PM)

Lord knows there's been a lot of emotion in this thread, highs lows and what-not. But beyond it all we've been, become, a band of borthers and brotherettes.

One of greats has left. And he was, is, great. The flame of hope burns less brightly without his fire.

I'm going to have a minute's silence, off the quest, to remember his highlights.

Love to all

Disco

That moved me in a way that if someone else moved me in that way, i would go "Oh, do that again".

QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 2 2006, 04:09 PM)

Love to all

Disco

goodpost.gif amen to that.

it would now appear my hope would be false. i do believe if the imposter was genuine she would have logged on out of curiousity. now it appears we are back to square one. i will however continue to cling to the hope a new album will bring her back. think about it, somewhere in the world hilda is out there doing her thing, raising her kids, listening to rush. i believe there are times she can feel our vibe in her inner being but knows not what it is. at some point i think she will feel compelled by a feeling she cant quite understand to log on to this forum again.

imagine if you will a day, a day that is quite possible by the way that hilda logs on to t.r.f. just to see whats happening. she reads her pm's she sees her thread. she is overwelmed, confused, elated, annoyed("who the f*k is tick !")she responds, we rejoice ! she is real ! the myth becomes real ! it will be lord of the rings, return of the queen ! she starts posting again, builds relationships, the world rejoices in the midst of war, world hunger, plagues, and high gas prices. this is the hope that i cling to ! a flame thats burns like an olympic torch. a flame of hope that can at any point become reality. do you want to be the flame keeper who has to say, "sorry hilda it was fun for awhile, but i gave up hope thinking you would never return. can you ever forgive me, can you please ?" I DONT THINK SO ! nothing worth while in life ever comes without a price, the only price you need pay is faith ! for without faith life is a hopeless wasteland of despair. so i ask you in the wake of an imposter who stirred up the hope and wonder that was almost child like. DO NOT ! I REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE ! KEEP THE FLAME OF HOPE ALIVE ! DOES IT HURT THAT MUCH TO BELIEVE ? CAN WE NOT CONTINUE TO DREAM ? mark my words, as sure as the the sun rises and sets, hilda will return someday, i believe.

http://home.casema.nl/daveduijn/vuur5.gif

if you have been reignited by this post please insert the new hilda slogan into your signature as a show of solidarity.

"Believe"

never throw in the towel !

tick.

i'm flamin'.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/DSC05011.jpg

ph34r.gif

uh... i mean, i STILL keep that flame of hope ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture of fire taken up in the U.P. where everyday in the U.P. we kept that flame alive.....

Before the post was made Tick, i'd returned to my highest level of flamerin' ever. My flame is a drum head that Neil used to use on fire. So it's even got a 2.gif tie in. applaudit.gif

But I added the quote to show our strength and solidarity is at its all time high. Hope is greater than ever. Knowledge that she will return is as LAW.

It is just as you described. I can see it now. She'll be in the car and hear the new 2.gif song on the radio. Though she's a true 2.gif fan, I don't see her as knowing the release date and waiting for a midnite madness sale. no.gif She'll love the song and it will make her recall her experience on the tour where she made eye contact with Alex and he mimicked her dance step and they traded moves. First her... then Alex. Then she'll 2.gif to the store to buy the new CD and she will have her LOVE of 2.gif fully restored. Next thing you know, she'll be digging out all her old cds and playing everything she has.

While basking in the refound love of 2.gif she'll remember she was once a member at THREE different rush boards. Who knows... maybe she was a member of the old TN community as well. But she'll be drawn to her computer. She'll hit Counterparts from her favorites and since that link won't work anymore, her next step will be TRF. She'll log on and see the massive amounts of pms she's recieved and THE WARNINGS from the administrators (i'm sure). With a nervous excitement she'll open this historical thread and VIOLA....

What WILL happen next?

Will she be filled with love for us and wonder how she could have left us in the first place?

Will she see Goober's tales of sex and depravity and quickly log off, never to return?

Will she gain knowledge of the FAKE HILDA and be filled with contempt and rage?

Will she laugh? Will she cry? Will she 062802puke_prv.gif ???

Will the sensitivity of it all, the never flickering show of LOVE from TICK completely overwhelm her? Will she pack her bags and leave her video game husband, and set her sights on making a NEW life with the jawk jawwin', roll bakin', 5000+ Post makin', Rock and Roll singin' LEADER of the Hilda Flamers?

These questions can only be answered WHEN she finally does log back on, but rest assured Flamers... she WILL. This I BELIEVE. yes.gif

I guess my thing is, if that person WAS an impostor, why wouldn't they come out and say April Fool's or something. What kind of joke is it to pull a fast one and not even gloat about it? It's kind of a sick one. If I ever play a joke/prank on someone, I really don't like holding out on people for too long before I reveal I was behind it, otherwise what's the point?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 3 2006, 11:35 AM)
I guess my thing is, if that person WAS an impostor, why wouldn't they come out and say April Fool's or something. What kind of joke is it to pull a fast one and not even gloat about it? It's kind of a sick one. If I ever play a joke/prank on someone, I really don't like holding out on people for too long before I reveal I was behind it, otherwise what's the point?

Well.... maybe that person quit the board before they got to see their prank to it's full fruition? Hmmmmm?

:sheesh:

Hold your fire-

Keep it burning bright

Hold the flame 'til the dream ignites-

A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission... 2.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 7 2006, 11:23 AM)
Hold your fire-
Keep it burning bright
Hold the flame 'til the dream ignites-
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission... 2.gif

thats awesome ! mission is now the official hilda theme ! 1022.gif